Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 31 Mar 2010, 17:57 (Ref:2664306)   #1
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
'10 LMS Round 1 • Castellet • April 9-11

.... ’10 LMS Round 1 • 8 Hours of Castellet

Schedule
Entry List
Track Map
Timing & Scoring
RLM
LMS Site
Spotters Guide
Satellite
Weather
World Times

L.P.

Last edited by Aysedasi; 31 Mar 2010 at 18:59.
Old 31 Mar 2010, 18:09 (Ref:2664316)   #2
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Has to be a battle of the oil-burners at the front. I can't wait to see how the upgraded R15 faces up to a "privately"-entered Pug... (although we can probably be sure the Oreca-run Pug is going to be just as quick as the factory cars would have been had they run here).

Shame to lose the Kolles R10s, they could have been a wildcard, also it will be interesting to see the battle of the Lolas and how the Mansells do.

Also, GT2 is going to be hectic from the drop of the green up to the checkered flag.
Old 31 Mar 2010, 18:17 (Ref:2664323)   #3
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We shall see, the Drayson Lola/Judd was pleasantly suprising, in pace, at Sebring. Early days!!

L.P.
Old 31 Mar 2010, 18:22 (Ref:2664328)   #4
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Yup, but they're using configuration 1A-V2, which means the full Mistral Straight with no chicanes, so there's a lot of room for the two diesels to stretch their legs. It will be interesting to see how sorted the R15+ is, but knowing Joest, LM last year was just a blip and the car will be extremely strong (personally I think it'll run away with it).

And also considering they've got the Dream Team in there...
Old 31 Mar 2010, 19:23 (Ref:2664374)   #5
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
I honestly think this could be one where the Rebellions could seriously feature.

I'm not sure Oreca are 100% there with their 908 yet, there's only one R15 so there's scope for a wildcard problem creeping in, and based on the pace of the Drayson Lola at Sebring, the Lola package is quite possibly one of the faster ones out there. Combine that with the strength of the Rebellion driving squad and you're left with the possibility of something really interesting cropping up.
Old 31 Mar 2010, 19:28 (Ref:2664377)   #6
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
I think it could be quite interesting. The Signature Plus Lola-Aston was consistently the quickest on the Mistral in testing, and in some of the sessions, it was quickest by a noticeable margin.

The Schnitzer BMW will be another one to follow. I think it was quickest (in overall lap time) of the GT2s, in all the sessions it managed to run.
Old 31 Mar 2010, 19:37 (Ref:2664386)   #7
ubrben
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham
ubrben has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Not sure what test you were watching, Purist - the BMW was slow at the official test. Good at Sebring, but different car.

N.B. Spotters Guide on planet Le Mans has wrong tyre supplier for Beechdean, RML, and Bruichladdich; all three will run Dunlop.

Ben
Old 31 Mar 2010, 20:08 (Ref:2664412)   #8
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not anymore ;-)

As for the BMW at the Paul Ricard test...that wasn't the LMS spec car.
Old 31 Mar 2010, 22:24 (Ref:2664503)   #9
Karl Kling
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
Karl Kling should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Erm, maybe i've missed something but who's airing LMS nowadays, MotorsTV?
Old 31 Mar 2010, 22:27 (Ref:2664506)   #10
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Eurosport, but not lights to flag. Maybe they'll do a stream on Eurosport Player again, but I wouldn't count on it.
Old 31 Mar 2010, 22:56 (Ref:2664511)   #11
Karl Kling
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
Ah, thanks for a quick reply! I've just mailed Eurosport, let's hope for a positive answer.
Old 1 Apr 2010, 06:46 (Ref:2664600)   #12
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO
Shame to lose the Kolles R10s, they could have been a wildcard, also it will be interesting to see the battle of the Lolas and how the Mansells do.
Personally I think Kolles will be even worse than last year. The smaller restrictor and lower boost will hit them hard.
Old 1 Apr 2010, 08:15 (Ref:2664637)   #13
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
Personally I think Kolles will be even worse than last year. The smaller restrictor and lower boost will hit them hard.
I thought the R10 TDI was going to be using last years restrictors etc, as long as none of the drivers were ex.(current) Audi works drivers.

Tom.
Old 1 Apr 2010, 08:48 (Ref:2664655)   #14
Karl Kling
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
I've recieved an answer from Eurosport and apparently there'll be no extra flag-to-flag feed on Eurosport Player. Darn.
Old 1 Apr 2010, 08:48 (Ref:2664656)   #15
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
My mistake. I forgot about that:
Quote:
The following cars have got waivers for 2010:
LMP1 AUDI R10:
The complete car (chassis, bodywork, engine, restrictor, ballast, etc.) remains in the 2009 configuration provided:
• the team who manages the car is not a factory team,
• the drivers have never competed with the official team AUDI
If necessary, the ACO can adjust the performance of the car after the first race of Le Mans Series.
Old 1 Apr 2010, 10:43 (Ref:2664727)   #16
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
I said Kolles going F1 would finish the LM team. I got shot down...
Old 1 Apr 2010, 10:50 (Ref:2664732)   #17
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
I said Kolles going F1 would finish the LM team. I got shot down...
So if the team is not running in the LMS, what does this mean for the Le Mans entry? #15 has a confirmed squad, #14 doesn't... so could we be looking at a pull-out for #14 and the #15 car being run by someone else under the Kolles banner?
Old 1 Apr 2010, 15:19 (Ref:2664878)   #18
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
They will almost certainly be at Le Mans. I now return you to the Castellet race thread!
I would agree isynge, the Rebellions might be ones to watch for this round.

L.P.
Old 1 Apr 2010, 15:29 (Ref:2664888)   #19
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
^ Definitely. I'd count on the #13 to be on the podium... unless one of the Astons does indeed destroy absolutely everything this side of the Mistral in terms of straight-line speed.
Old 1 Apr 2010, 16:06 (Ref:2664922)   #20
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Mariantic are saying that at least one of the Kölles R10's will be presant at Spa .
Old 2 Apr 2010, 09:57 (Ref:2665318)   #21
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
Sarrazin in the Oreca 908! See http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ocus-3980.html

This could be a serious comparison between Peugeot and new Audi.
Old 2 Apr 2010, 12:53 (Ref:2665394)   #22
mattcat
Veteran

United States
West Palm Beach, FL
mattcat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This looks to be a very intriguing battle between the Pug and the Audi. With Sarrazin coming on board, it looks like the Peugeot factory is very serious about vying for the victory, even though their factory cars are absent.
Old 2 Apr 2010, 15:06 (Ref:2665453)   #23
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
I think it is mainly a way to kick start Oreca with the 908.
Old 2 Apr 2010, 15:12 (Ref:2665457)   #24
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
looks to be a very interesting race, so far no one has mentioned LMP2 which i think will be a very interesting battle between Strakka, Quifel ASM, RML will surely be close. I also imagine OAK will be an interloper in LMP2 as well.

I agree with what a lot of people are saying though, the Rebellion Lola Judd will almost certainly feature. Sebring showed that the Lola Coupe Judd is as fast as a Pug 908 in the right hands. Lets not forget the factory Aston either, Mucke, Fernandez and Primat and that car is not to be overlooked.
Old 2 Apr 2010, 15:14 (Ref:2665458)   #25
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion
I think it is mainly a way to kick start Oreca with the 908.
Right!

L.P.