Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 3 Jun 2011, 15:59 (Ref:2890606)   #10
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkiller8 View Post
i focus on the word "constructors", the note talks about a constructor champ title and not a team one.... maybe will be allowed in this competition only work teams, so no more distinction between lmp1 and lmp2 but only audi,peugeot,astonmartin,other constructur will be allowed to run with GT cars that will complete the roster.
Other "little" teams like pescarolo, oak, quiefel, dyson etc.... will run in LMS/ALMS. So if today ILMC champ shares some races with LMS/ALMS calendar, next year there will be a split.
The strangest thing is that none before today talked about this... not even "constructors"
I'd assume that "constructors" such as Lola, Pescarolo and Oreca would be allowed in the constructors championship, but who knows. Who knows about LMP2. The lack of a teams championship is odd as there is one in the ILMC. Of course, we are now getting a drivers championship. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

The LMS may run stand alone events next year, but that would not work for the ALMS. Surely at least one of Sebring or Petit would have to be part of the WEC, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
WEC = ILMC
Seemingly so with some new twists such as the drivers championship and maybe no team's championship. Will LMP2 still have a championship? We'll see. Also, does the WEC = FIA GT Endurance World Cup for GTEs? How are GTE-Ams (if they still exist) handled in regard to the FIA GT Endurance World Cup given that it is purely a constructors' title?

As for the Ratel series (the easy way to call it), are GTEs "technically" allowed if only 2009 GT2 cars are allowed? I'm not too concerned about that, but I guess it adds to the confusion.