Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 29 May 2014, 18:55 (Ref:3412453)   #601
Ginaro Zukovsky
Racer

Ginaro Zukovsky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Think I'll go for the Eurosport player option, can play it on my Smart TV and will also get coverage of the British Superbikes from Knockhill later in June Only thing that would make me consider the ACO offering is if it had RLM synced with it...
Old 29 May 2014, 19:03 (Ref:3412457)   #602
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It probably has (?), but you can just mute the ES feed and put RLM audio on background... the sync shouldn't be overly terrible
Old 29 May 2014, 19:15 (Ref:3412466)   #603
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
One minus with ES player for me is the piece of crap called Silverlight (assuming that they still use it). And quality might be better on the fiawec.com one if ES player still has limited availability of ES1 HD?

Of course still possible that ACO has not fixed their security loophole in which case the decision is easy... :P
Old 29 May 2014, 19:28 (Ref:3412477)   #604
Ginaro Zukovsky
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Of course still possible that ACO has not fixed their security loophole in which case the decision is easy... :P
This is true - just a shame we have to wait until FP1 to find out... and their website company could close the loophole whenever they like.
Old 29 May 2014, 22:04 (Ref:3412533)   #605
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
One minus with ES player for me is the piece of crap called Silverlight (assuming that they still use it)
They do.

I'll be using the Player as I've already bought a subscription for Roland Garros this month. Hopefully the pure audio stream will be back
Old 30 May 2014, 04:21 (Ref:3412585)   #606
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After looking at the racing broadcast schedule in the latest racer magazine,my worst fear is true.the 24 hours of Le Mans will be hacked up between fs1 and fs2 on both Saturday and Sunday between NASCAR and other crap.

So now I hope the wec app works like it did for silverstone and spa,I will have no problem paying for the Le Mans version app if I can stream the race in full on my iPad.i hope it works out,last year I missed Le Mans due to family issues but I don't want to miss it again because fox sports foolishness.
Old 5 Jun 2014, 14:28 (Ref:3415757)   #607
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think we've known this for a while but it's confirmed the app won't use RLM comms, now making the ACO version totally inferior to ES Player.
Old 5 Jun 2014, 17:14 (Ref:3415827)   #608
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
But has't eurosport player been known to be pretty shaky?
Old 5 Jun 2014, 17:17 (Ref:3415828)   #609
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
I don't have my own reason for disliking other commentating teams simply due to me not having heard much of them. I do know that I do enjoy RLM, though.

Will RLM use the ACO feed? (Can I watch the ACO feed muted with RLM going at the same time? Or will RLM be commentating on something likely not on whatever video feed I've got?)

I think I tried getting the ES player once upon a long time ago and was quickly shut down due to United States location. I'd also assume there are work arounds, but how reliable are they?
Old 5 Jun 2014, 17:21 (Ref:3415832)   #610
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My fear is that if I have to mute the ACO stream to hear the RLM stream. RLM don't play the audio from the stream. Quite often what you hear is them commentating about the race with the only car sounds being the ones passing right outside their commentators booth.

Whereas with the ACO and FS1/FS2 streams they harmonize this aspect. Sound from track cameras comes through simultaneously with the commentators voices.
Old 5 Jun 2014, 17:22 (Ref:3415833)   #611
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
Yes. IMO it's the only real downside of it, along with SL

Most of the time it works just fine though.
Old 5 Jun 2014, 19:46 (Ref:3415900)   #612
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
I think we've known this for a while but it's confirmed the app won't use RLM comms, now making the ACO version totally inferior to ES Player.
So then who is going to be commentating?

This is the garbage broadcast US fans are going to get.
http://sportscar365.com/lemans/leman...mans-coverage/
FOX SPORTS BROADCAST SCHEDULE (SUBJECT TO CHANGEall times ET):
Saturday, June 14 – 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM (FOX Sports 1, LIVE)
Saturday, June 14 – 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM (FOX Sports 2, LIVE)
Saturday, June 14 – 5:00 PM to 6:30 PM (FOX Sports GO, LIVE)
Saturday, June 14 – 6:30 PM to 1:00 AM (FOX Sports 2, LIVE)
Saturday, June 14 – 1:00 AM to 7:30 AM (FOX Sports 1, LIVE)
Sunday, June 15 – 7:30 AM to 9:30 AM (FOX Sports 2, LIVE)
*Entire race streamed LIVE on FOX Sports GO

its better than nothing but if this is all I get I'll miss 9 hours and the finishing 2 hours,almost no one has FS2!and even though it says entire race on fox sports go app,it's not because the app is cable provider driven.and if your provider (comcast!)doesn't have fs2 then guess what you miss out on the fs2 portions on the app!

At this point I don't care who is commentating the wec app(hindy gets annoying at times anyway) as long as it doesn't get geo blocked here in the US I will pay for the app again to watch the entire stream on my ipad! If not I'll just go work eventhough I ask for the day off to watch this dang race.
Old 5 Jun 2014, 20:37 (Ref:3415928)   #613
Ginaro Zukovsky
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
Seems to have worked fine during the French Open, on both laptop and Smart TV (not Full HD quality but much better than Freeview SD channels in the UK, especially ITV4!). And doesn't use much CPU, compared to the Eurosport HD stream I had in VLC last year.
Old 5 Jun 2014, 21:26 (Ref:3415938)   #614
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Its best for me to have fs1 on, then the stream from various sources (vipbox, reddit etc.) for the commercials. Then once that fs1 is over, fall back on the streams until fs1 comes back. Its going to suck watching the small screen during the huge time fs1 does other sports. Hopefully the pc will hook up to the tv for a better view.
Old 5 Jun 2014, 21:30 (Ref:3415939)   #615
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
I made a new thread: http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=141812

because there were now three threads (this, Eurosport and non-Eurosport threads) talking about the same thing.