Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 20 Sep 2017, 19:25 (Ref:3768859)   #201
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
I still also feel that Toyota placed too much emphasis on LM and in the end their success or failure hinged on a good LM result, which they pretty much didn't get.
I think this summarizes Toyota's season overall (and even the last one to some extent). They just focused on the Le Mans aero kit the most (and it showed, they seemed to have the upper hand until they all three cars broke).
Old 21 Sep 2017, 01:55 (Ref:3768958)   #202
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentley speed 8 View Post
I think this summarizes Toyota's season overall (and even the last one to some extent). They just focused on the Le Mans aero kit the most (and it showed, they seemed to have the upper hand until they all three cars broke).
More like every season! Le Mans is the big one, you focus on that and design a high downforce car around it, that's what I think Toyota's philosophy is. And to be fair, every lmp1-h broke at Le Mans this year. Porsche just fixed their's first and fastest.
Old 21 Sep 2017, 02:08 (Ref:3768963)   #203
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Why is this a surprise? Porsche spent more time and resources on the high downforce package than Toyota did. The car has more downforce. Toyota said this themselves. The only thing Toyota can do is play to their car's strength, which is tire wear, top speed and the hybrid. Top speed might only come into affect at Fuji and Shanghai. Tire wear isn't that much better than Porsche. The hybrid factor depends on the track length. I think Fuji and Shanghai is their best bet. Fuji is their best track and their home track. They have won every race there bar 2015. If they only get one more win this year it will be there
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
More like every season! Le Mans is the big one, you focus on that and design a high downforce car around it, that's what I think Toyota's philosophy is. And to be fair, every lmp1-h broke at Le Mans this year. Porsche just fixed their's first and fastest.
Old 21 Sep 2017, 21:06 (Ref:3769152)   #204
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Concentrating on Le Mans. Sounds like a good plan.
Old 24 Sep 2017, 11:15 (Ref:3769564)   #205
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Wasn't a too bad race, good battle with Porsche and Toyota, shame they swapped places at the end, but what can you do?
Old 25 Sep 2017, 06:11 (Ref:3769687)   #206
silente
Racer

silente should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hi guys,

I did a race analysis in my Blog:

https://drracing.wordpress.com/2017/...race-analysis/

I think there are a couple of interesting points coming out of the study.
Old 25 Sep 2017, 20:52 (Ref:3769813)   #207
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by silente View Post
hi guys,

I did a race analysis in my Blog:

https://drracing.wordpress.com/2017/...race-analysis/

I think there are a couple of interesting points coming out of the study.
Nice analysis. In Sector 2 the Porsche's were faster, the #1 notably so. But it had lower top speed. I think it's clear the Porsche's have more downforce total than the Toyota. Also in Sector 2 their hybrid is probably more favorable since it's a flowing type of nature with the high speed turns. Less braking in that area means Toyota doesn't use the (kers) hybrid as much. The only place they can make headway is the long back straight. But you see in Sector 3 that the Toyota can use it's hybrid more and even though it's still a downforce sector, they can actually keep pace and be slightly ahead of Porsche on average because of the types of turns- ones that see heavy braking and heavy acceleration. The same goes for Sector 1. At the end of the lap to the beginning of the lap you have two straights. They boost on the pit straight and the heavy braking gives them more kers to then use on the following straight before Sector 2 begins.

Lots of laps for an average are a much better gauge than just looking at fastest laps. Thanks for sharing. Another thing that can play into this is traffic. So without boost override on the #8, it may have been wasting hybrid energy it could have used when free of traffic. Also Sarrazin was on call up and he is not as familiar as Nakajima and Buemi in the #8, so his stint was well off the pace of the other two.