Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 24 Apr 2008, 07:17 (Ref:2185505)   #51
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
I'm not completely ruling out privateer efforts or gentleman drivers either, but I think that having a newer car and at least one high quality professional driver on board would certainly help them a lot...
Old 24 Apr 2008, 07:28 (Ref:2185508)   #52
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA
I hope they do make it to Monza, and I definitely hope there hasn't been a fast one pulled....Maybe the ACO should alter the rules so that any team given an entry who hasn't showed up to an LMS/ALMS race by, say late April, automatically forfeits their LM slot....
What about the Japanese entries, they are never going to do LMS or ALMS?

I guess taking the p1ss is going to affect any teams likelyhood of an entry next year.

Whats more annoying is that the LMS was oversubscribed and now some teams aren't turning up, I know 45 is a great grid and way better than most championships, but there should be a way of replacing teams that aren't going to turn up. Budgets will always be a big issue, but given enough notice I'm sure someone could raise enough for 1 or 2 races to replace the missing teams. It must be annoying for any teams that could have done the series to see empty spaces....
Old 24 Apr 2008, 10:06 (Ref:2185611)   #53
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonGeoff
What about the Japanese entries, they are never going to do LMS or ALMS?

I guess taking the p1ss is going to affect any teams likelyhood of an entry next year.

Whats more annoying is that the LMS was oversubscribed and now some teams aren't turning up, I know 45 is a great grid and way better than most championships, but there should be a way of replacing teams that aren't going to turn up. Budgets will always be a big issue, but given enough notice I'm sure someone could raise enough for 1 or 2 races to replace the missing teams. It must be annoying for any teams that could have done the series to see empty spaces....
The japanese teams are competing (as best they can) in the japanese version, whose name i forget, or the super gt.
Old 24 Apr 2008, 10:11 (Ref:2185618)   #54
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonGeoff
Whats more annoying is that the LMS was oversubscribed and now some teams aren't turning up
I agree ..... one way around it would be to fine teams for not turning up for an event , they did it before and it worked .

I dont like to see teams not showing up , there could possibily have been another team that didnt get full season invite , that were better prepared to handle the full season .
Old 24 Apr 2008, 10:43 (Ref:2185634)   #55
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
I agree ..... one way around it would be to fine teams for not turning up for an event , they did it before and it worked .

I dont like to see teams not showing up , there could possibily have been another team that didnt get full season invite , that were better prepared to handle the full season .
Sadly, this happens a lot not just in motorsport, but in life. People get opportunities other people think they deserve, and yes it is annoying- i don't see why ACO don't invite further teams to fill the gaps, and fine people if they don't turn up.
Old 24 Apr 2008, 11:52 (Ref:2185679)   #56
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You can not simply call up a team a week in advance and invite them to come over...and being on a reserve list does not work either as it costs too much to prepare a car 'just in case'.
Old 24 Apr 2008, 11:58 (Ref:2185686)   #57
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Fine them then ..... I dont see anything with that at all .

Plus ..... . If a team wants to race at Le Mans , they should have to enter the series or at least raced their car before . There are not many teams out there who are not already in an ACO sanctioned series , be it ALMS or LMS ..... it might also add to a series too ..... like it did in Group C , the grids had Toyota , Nissan , Mazda and a whole lot more too .
Old 24 Apr 2008, 12:02 (Ref:2185692)   #58
canam
Veteran

canam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Given the economic climate, I am surprised that the grid is as strong as it is. I would not be surprised to see many more fall away post LM--and maybe the odd one or two at LM.

The notion of a financial penalty for not turning up is fine if there is start money but is not realistic where there is neither start nor success money. The series is no where near strong enough to pull that one off.

Last edited by canam; 24 Apr 2008 at 12:05.
Old 24 Apr 2008, 12:59 (Ref:2185743)   #59
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Tom908V12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimangler
Sadly, this happens a lot not just in motorsport, but in life. People get opportunities other people think they deserve, and yes it is annoying- i don't see why ACO don't invite further teams to fill the gaps, and fine people if they don't turn up.

I thought ACO didn't care of Le Mans Series rules(it was work of another organization)???
Old 24 Apr 2008, 15:19 (Ref:2185823)   #60
nasdriv87
Veteran

Brazil
Brazil
nasdriv87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorsprung
Foreigners could watch German and Spanish streams of the Barcelona race.
nope... i could watch it only in spanish stream here at brazil... german didn't work in any way!!!
Old 24 Apr 2008, 15:53 (Ref:2185836)   #61
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Tom908V12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
First pics of the cars parked in their boxes !!!

http://www.endurance-info.com/articl...rder=0&thold=0
Old 24 Apr 2008, 16:57 (Ref:2185874)   #62
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
http://www.endurance-info.com/2008_LMS/02_Monza/13.jpg

Which team is this? Saulnier?
Old 24 Apr 2008, 17:13 (Ref:2185886)   #63
vorsprung
Veteran

vorsprung should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
Racing Box's Lucchini-Judd
Old 24 Apr 2008, 17:24 (Ref:2185895)   #64
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King
I have a feeling that the time for teams like Chamberlain in the LMS is slowly running out, as the bar has been raised tremendously with the arrival of the factory P1 teams and the RS Spyders in P2.
Chamberlain apparently tested at Snetterton earlier this week- a pic of Amanda Stretton in the car was posted on another forum on Tuesday, apparently taken that morning. So far, unless I've missed it, there's been nothing on DSC etc about them skipping the race or pulling out of the series- I wondered if some major car problem had shown up in testing or maybe they were skipping a race in favour of some Le Mans preparation...?

Last edited by KA; 24 Apr 2008 at 17:26.
Old 24 Apr 2008, 21:11 (Ref:2186068)   #65
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasdriv87
nope... i could watch it only in spanish stream here at brazil... german didn't work in any way!!!
sorry for interupting the topic at hand again, but where abouts is the Spanish stream? I'm still having no luck with the German one - are other Brits/Americans really having no problems with it? Maybe it's something to do with the rights for the snooker they're showing all week?

Also off-topic: Brielga, I'm sadly inclined to agree that the more professional teams in the LMS may end up hurting car numbers rather than supporting them. On the other hand, it may be easier for the privateer to attract sponsorship if the series is more renowned. But I guess that's a whole other discussion.

It's a shame that the second Epsilon isn't ready still, was there any announcement about whether or not the Nurburgring round is still in their sights?
Old 25 Apr 2008, 00:05 (Ref:2186146)   #66
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom908V12
I thought ACO didn't care of Le Mans Series rules(it was work of another organization)???
The LMS is the ACO's series, but it's promoted/organised by Patrick Peter.
Old 25 Apr 2008, 01:32 (Ref:2186167)   #67
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies
sorry for interupting the topic at hand again, but where abouts is the Spanish stream? I'm still having no luck with the German one - are other Brits/Americans really having no problems with it? Maybe it's something to do with the rights for the snooker they're showing all week?
There was a straight mms:// link 3 weeks ago that you could open in WMP but that link is obsolete now. That's the Spanish stream everyone is talking about. I watched that, and also the German stream worked from the website and I definitely don't live in Germany or Spain.

When you go to the German site:

http://de.eurosport.yahoo.com/121120...ams-woche.html

...and click "Direkt zum Live-Videostream" in the end of the page, what does it exactly say? I can open it but when I click one of the live streams (snooker) the screen stays black after the commercial. I guess there is no live stream currently?
Old 25 Apr 2008, 03:54 (Ref:2186193)   #68
nasdriv87
Veteran

Brazil
Brazil
nasdriv87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis
There was a straight mms:// link 3 weeks ago that you could open in WMP but that link is obsolete now. That's the Spanish stream everyone is talking about. I watched that, and also the German stream worked from the website and I definitely don't live in Germany or Spain.

...and click "Direkt zum Live-Videostream" in the end of the page, what does it exactly say? I can open it but when I click one of the live streams (snooker) the screen stays black after the commercial. I guess there is no live stream currently?
it says... "this clip is currently unavailable due to geo restrictions in your area..." oh well... pity!!!
Old 25 Apr 2008, 05:31 (Ref:2186197)   #69
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis

...and click "Direkt zum Live-Videostream" in the end of the page, what does it exactly say?

Thanks for taking the time to help mate, this is what it says. I think I can get the audio though, although there's nothing playing at the moment.
Old 25 Apr 2008, 08:41 (Ref:2186293)   #70
Mr Zippy
Rookie

Australia
Mr Zippy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Live Timing at Monza

Can anyone advise me if there is any live timing of Monza this weekend. I have searched LMS and Monza websites but am not able to find anything.

Any help greatly appreciated
Old 25 Apr 2008, 08:45 (Ref:2186300)   #71
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nothing yet...but should be on http://www.ris-timing.be/ later I think.
Old 25 Apr 2008, 10:58 (Ref:2186405)   #72
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
has Oreca switched to the new chassis for the 2nd car for Monza ?

Ciao Marco
Old 25 Apr 2008, 11:19 (Ref:2186426)   #73
vorsprung
Veteran

vorsprung should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth
has Oreca switched to the new chassis for the 2nd car for Monza ?
Yes, both cars are in new spec.

First practice session is under way.

Last years qualifying times:
P1 1:34.503 Peugeot
P2 1:39.271 ASM (disqualified, Barazi was second fastest 1:39.481)
GT1 1:45.443 Oreca
GT2 1:50.381 IMSA
Old 25 Apr 2008, 11:22 (Ref:2186428)   #74
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
the EE is looking good already

Ciao Marco
Old 25 Apr 2008, 11:57 (Ref:2186459)   #75
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
The speed of the Lola B08/80 Judd is impressive. A bit more development and the car will be faster than Porsche RS Spyder.