Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 30 Aug 2008, 16:21 (Ref:2278142)   #26
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I couldn't have said it better myself

See you at Silverstone Graham
Old 30 Aug 2008, 16:37 (Ref:2278152)   #27
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin
Alternatively - and sorry to be a killjoy - Don't go into the car prep area of any occupied garage without asking permission - There are always hot and fragile items around (having seen the costly results of one uninvited guest stepping on an intricate piece of carbon fibre aero I'm guessing its the last time that individual will wander in uninvited) - The guys are often very busy too. Most of the teams appreciate interest but that should always be balanced with courtesy for their working space.
Fully agree...I think it is very simple, just picture a bunch of curious people standing around your own desk/workplace the moment you need to make that phone call or finish that report....
Old 30 Aug 2008, 20:26 (Ref:2278309)   #28
Bernard Bram
Racer

Bernard Bram has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
After Monza, Spa and Nürburgring i'm going to set my personal record to 4 races in one season. I'll have to try to get to Barcelona as well next year.
Old 30 Aug 2008, 22:49 (Ref:2278395)   #29
CarolK
Racer

United States
Texas
CarolK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard Bram
After Monza, Spa and Nürburgring i'm going to set my personal record to 4 races in one season. I'll have to try to get to Barcelona as well next year.
We were at Barcelona this year - it was great. I do have one concern that being if rumors become fact, and Barcelona becomes a test (aka Paul Ricard) will spectators not be permitted (like Paul Ricard) - such a shame if it were to be that way. We will have attended three LMS this year - Barcelona, Monza and Silverstone. Spa (our favorite track - went for the FIA-GT race again this year) conflicted with the Monaco Historics (fantastic racing and some really neat cars). The unfortunate part of this whole thing is that the exchange rate is absolutely horrible for us! Everyone on the other side of the pond from us needs to come to some of our ALMS races!!

Carol
Old 31 Aug 2008, 09:20 (Ref:2278569)   #30
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolK
The unfortunate part of this whole thing is that the exchange rate is absolutely horrible for us! Everyone on the other side of the pond from us needs to come to some of our ALMS races!!

Carol
I did last year - went to Laguna Seca and had a ball. But the exchange rate is now going back in your favour again, so maybe your chances of coming over here might increase.

Will be at Silverstone doing pitlane duties, so maybe see you all there.
Old 31 Aug 2008, 10:20 (Ref:2278618)   #31
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brielga
Fully agree...I think it is very simple, just picture a bunch of curious people standing around your own desk/workplace the moment you need to make that phone call or finish that report....
Yet , my solution to that is to stop work , and go for a fag & coffee until they have the decency to clear off ..... which they normally do .
Old 1 Sep 2008, 16:44 (Ref:2279514)   #32
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Strakka will be unveiling a striking new livery for the DBR9 at Silverstone, with glossy black paintwork contrasting strongly with white lettering and prominent Relentless branding, according to Planet Le Mans.

In other words they haven't repainted the car since it raced at Le Mans.

Tom.
Old 1 Sep 2008, 18:05 (Ref:2279587)   #33
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346
Strakka will be unveiling a striking new livery for the DBR9 at Silverstone, with glossy black paintwork contrasting strongly with white lettering and prominent Relentless branding, according to Planet Le Mans.

In other words they haven't repainted the car since it raced at Le Mans.

Tom.
Relentless?

What, like relentless whining (from everyone else) that their Aston is slower than the others?

I hope it's very black- the original Phoenix one was MEGA in all black.
http://www.racingsportscars.com/phot...-05-07-005.jpg

Last edited by minimangler; 1 Sep 2008 at 18:09.
Old 1 Sep 2008, 18:28 (Ref:2279615)   #34
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Aslak Vind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopefully!

I love black racecars, and I think that it would look cool with an allblack livery.
Old 1 Sep 2008, 19:07 (Ref:2279648)   #35
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimangler
Relentless?

What, like relentless whining (from everyone else) that their Aston is slower than the others?

I think it would be good if they didn't paint it (apart from the bits that aren't CF) and it was just carbon fibre.

Tom.
Old 1 Sep 2008, 19:12 (Ref:2279654)   #36
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346
I think it would be good if they didn't paint it (apart from the bits that aren't CF) and it was just carbon fibre.

Tom.
TOUCHE
Old 1 Sep 2008, 21:06 (Ref:2279725)   #37
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have tickets booked so i should be there
Old 2 Sep 2008, 12:33 (Ref:2280044)   #38
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimangler
Relentless?

Now pictured on DSC- and yes, it's very black, just relieved by the sponsors logos and a white band around the nose intake. Turner confirmed as third driver, although DSC think Simonsen will be in Strakka's BMW at the Britcar 24 hours
Old 2 Sep 2008, 13:41 (Ref:2280074)   #39
diddy100
Racer

England
Within ear shot of Snetterton !
diddy100 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Strakka were at Snett last week testing both cars - the Aston and BMW - you are right its very black!
Have not been to the 1000km for several years but will be going this year with my young son to give him his first taste of LMS racing.
Was sorting out some boxes in my loft the other day and found a lot of photo's from the 70's Sliverstone Endurance racing - Jacky Ickx in the Martini Porsche 935, Ronnie Peterson in the BMW etc - those were the days !!!
But I must admit I looking forward to seeing the LMP1 cars in full song !!
Old 2 Sep 2008, 13:42 (Ref:2280075)   #40
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard Bram
Does that mean you'll have seen 24 hours of racing?

Not sure if I will be there yet, I have another commitment on Saturday night.
Old 2 Sep 2008, 13:49 (Ref:2280079)   #41
PieMan
Seigneur des pâtés en croûte
Racer

England
Bedfordshire
PieMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
my solution to that is to stop work , and go for a fag & coffee until they have the decency to clear off
What? You mean risk not having the car ready for qualifying or the race?
Old 2 Sep 2008, 16:10 (Ref:2280161)   #42
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Not quite , I do appreciate timetables , I work on airplanes and we work to strict timetables every day , but also I am not a monkey to be put on exhibition . People should understand that too .

I look in the garages , from the outside and "never" get in the way of the folks who are doing the job . Its just a show of respect is all .
Old 2 Sep 2008, 17:45 (Ref:2280215)   #43
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, but with all this f***ing walls in the back of the garage you see nothing else than the wall if you are not allowed to walk in the pit lane.
Old 2 Sep 2008, 17:53 (Ref:2280221)   #44
The Badger
Veteran

Thats the nature of the sport .
Old 2 Sep 2008, 18:00 (Ref:2280228)   #45
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will never forget the races in Spa 2004 or so in the old pit building. Nobody was able to use wall due to lack of space
Old 2 Sep 2008, 18:55 (Ref:2280281)   #46
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have just booked my tickets, I will be there all 3 days. I am really looking forward to this one.
Old 2 Sep 2008, 19:16 (Ref:2280291)   #47
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Only 1 LAA Vette?? I thought the Ollies were gonna be in the 73. With the championship on the line, they really need that 2nd car in there!
Old 3 Sep 2008, 08:29 (Ref:2280648)   #48
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Looks like RML will debut a coupe at Silverstone - most interesting to my eyes they're claiming 75% commonality with the previous car, which suggests that it's perhaps not as overbearing a change to shift to this sort of body shape.
Old 3 Sep 2008, 10:43 (Ref:2280709)   #49
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge
Looks like RML will debut a coupe at Silverstone - most interesting to my eyes they're claiming 75% commonality with the previous car, which suggests that it's perhaps not as overbearing a change to shift to this sort of body shape.
Interesting, about time to pension of that elderly MG Lola EX257 B0540 HU03. But you have to look in awe to the results RML has been able to harvest in that car.

Lola B08/80 ?

Last edited by Aslak Vind; 3 Sep 2008 at 10:49.
Old 3 Sep 2008, 10:52 (Ref:2280717)   #50
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslak Vind
Interesting, about time to pension of that elderly MG Lola EX257 B0540 HU03. But you have to look in awe to the results RML has been able to harvest in that car.
Strictly speaking an MG EX265C - but yes - to all intents and purposes a B08/60.

Looking at photos of the car in prep (on DSC) I'm again struck by how small the LMP2 Lola seems. The Speedy car for some reason looks like a smaller package than its Charouz LMP1 stablemate, which I'm sure is an optical illusion but odd none the less. Perhaps something to do with how vertical the A pillars are?

Next year in LMP2 could be really interesting - especially with a crack squad like RML having their '09 car on the track already and with potentially a degree of fading away of the Porsche effort. I'll also be fascinated to see if the B08/60 or variants thereof end up being practically the UK's best selling car - there could be lots and lots of them around next year.