Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Closed Thread

Old 1 Aug 2009, 14:58 (Ref:2513228)   #51
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If the engine is not what was homologated ie. the sleeve and its metallurgical make up, then it is illegal. Everything must match the homologated model, period!

L.P.
Old 1 Aug 2009, 16:16 (Ref:2513256)   #52
Dario911
Veteran

Italy
Somewhere in the world...
Dario911 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FIA rules are not clear in this point. So the Porsche has worked in this direction. Now it's clear someone would stop the Porsche in FIA GT, at the same way of the past season, when Rathel and Co. did the same with 997 suspensions.
So, why ACO didn't find any irregular piece on the 997 suspensions and engine?
Technical specs are the same, for GT2...
ACO didn't find anything wrong on the Porsche, only FIA is trying to hamper Porsche to win FIA GT.
Rathel and Fiat are very good friends (do you remember the Maserati MC12 great homologation favor???).
So Rathel is satisfied to have created a good Fiat challenge (Maserati in GT1 and Ferrari in GT2).
That's why only FIA is hampering Porsche to win, while ACO has no troubles with Porsche!
Le Mans, 23/06/2013, 15:00, Allan we miss you!
Porsche 1°-2° in GTE-Pro class with 991 GT3 RSR
Porsche 1st. place in GTE-Am class with 997 GT3 RSR
Old 1 Aug 2009, 16:18 (Ref:2513257)   #53
GrayWolf
Racer

Bulgaria
Sofia, Bulgaria
GrayWolf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I guess after the #61 Prospeed Porsche was excluded from Oschersleben for that engine thing,obviously what remains for the other cars is exclusion as well but this time from the whole championship I guess?
And if this happens then what will stop it from happening in all other championships(esp. LMS,ALMS and GT Open)?
Then what seemed to be one promising season will turn into a disaster!
Old 1 Aug 2009, 16:19 (Ref:2513258)   #54
Dario911
Veteran

Italy
On the FIA rules... any mention about sleeves...
The same as the Brawn and the double diffuser in F1. When Ferrari can't win... they try to use politics...
Old 1 Aug 2009, 16:23 (Ref:2513260)   #55
GrayWolf
Racer

Bulgaria
Sofia, Bulgaria
And what bothers me more is why this is happening now in mid-season?!
Hasn't there been scrutineering from the very beginning?!
I doubt it Porsche have changed the engine especially for Oschersleben!
Old 1 Aug 2009, 16:25 (Ref:2513261)   #56
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayWolf View Post
And what bothers me more is why this is happening now in mid-season?!
Hasn't there been scrutineering from the very beginning?!
I doubt it Porsche have changed the engine especially for Oschersleben!
Im led to believe they have been using Steel sleeves since 2007.

Lets not forget the F430 was running illegaly at least in the LMS and ALMS.
Old 1 Aug 2009, 16:27 (Ref:2513262)   #57
GrayWolf
Racer

Bulgaria
Sofia, Bulgaria
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
If that is so then the whole thing doesn't make any sense at all
Old 1 Aug 2009, 16:38 (Ref:2513267)   #58
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dario911 View Post
FIA rules are not clear in this point. So the Porsche has worked in this direction. Now it's clear someone would stop the Porsche in FIA GT, at the same way of the past season, when Rathel and Co. did the same with 997 suspensions.
So, why ACO didn't find any irregular piece on the 997 suspensions and engine?
Technical specs are the same, for GT2...
ACO didn't find anything wrong on the Porsche, only FIA is trying to hamper Porsche to win FIA GT.
Rathel and Fiat are very good friends (do you remember the Maserati MC12 great homologation favor???).
So Rathel is satisfied to have created a good Fiat challenge (Maserati in GT1 and Ferrari in GT2).
That's why only FIA is hampering Porsche to win, while ACO has no troubles with Porsche!
What a load!
The engine is either legal, or not! If the sleeve was changed without first having permission in writing it is illegal, in all series that follow these similar rules!
Well now that it has come to light the ACO should have a problem with it, if, it is outside the rules!

L.P.
Old 1 Aug 2009, 17:55 (Ref:2513318)   #59
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
4 pages of chat here regarding the issue, yet I haven't found any reporting on any of the news sites. Just an observation that someone pointed out elsewhere, as well. Conspiracy?

RLM the only ones seeming to be reporting on it.
Old 1 Aug 2009, 17:58 (Ref:2513320)   #60
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breitling24 View Post
4 pages of chat here regarding the issue, yet I haven't found any reporting on any of the news sites. Just an observation that someone pointed out elsewhere, as well. Conspiracy?

RLM the only ones seeming to be reporting on it.
There is an article in the latest Autosport Magazine.

Tom.
Old 1 Aug 2009, 18:21 (Ref:2513323)   #61
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post

Lets not forget the F430 was running illegaly at least in the LMS and ALMS.
And when someone finally caught onto the Ferrari issue (Porsche) it was rectified promptly. Obviously the ACO is fine with the Porsche spec under waivers, though whether that situation will be effectively permanent remains to be seen. It seems the FIA is not feeling quite so liberal yet, so just as the Ferraris were retrofit, so the Porsches may have to be as well.
Old 1 Aug 2009, 18:22 (Ref:2513325)   #62
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Personally, I'm siding with Porsche here, as it's ridiculous ALL their cars are DQed for something like a more durable engine.
Old 1 Aug 2009, 18:24 (Ref:2513332)   #63
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346 View Post
There is an article in the latest Autosport Magazine.

Tom.
Ah, thanks Tom. I was looking at the autosport website. Guess I'll hit the newsstand later.
Old 1 Aug 2009, 18:25 (Ref:2513336)   #64
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
And when someone finally caught onto the Ferrari issue (Porsche) it was rectified promptly. Obviously the ACO is fine with the Porsche spec under waivers, though whether that situation will be effectively permanent remains to be seen. It seems the FIA is not feeling quite so liberal yet, so just as the Ferraris were retrofit, so the Porsches may have to be as well.
The Ferrari's in the FIA GT still run with the illegal bodywork.
Old 1 Aug 2009, 19:22 (Ref:2513385)   #65
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Is it illegal in the FIA? Surely if it was, Porsche would have protested it by now.
Old 1 Aug 2009, 19:28 (Ref:2513387)   #66
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
Is it illegal in the FIA? Surely if it was, Porsche would have protested it by now.
As far as im aware the regulations regarding how far the tire can protrude from the bodywork is the same.
Old 1 Aug 2009, 20:15 (Ref:2513425)   #67
Dario911
Veteran

Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
What a load!
The engine is either legal, or not! If the sleeve was changed without first having permission in writing it is illegal, in all series that follow these similar rules!
Well now that it has come to light the ACO should have a problem with it, if, it is outside the rules!

L.P.
Sorry for you, but there's no point in the rules about this. And so, on Autosprint they are skeptical too, about FIA decision. Knowing Autosprint positions about Ferrari (the magazine can be considered as the p.r. magazine of Maranello...), I understand it's all a stupid bluff.
The car's the same from 2007. The last year FIA tried to get outlaw Porsche due to its suspensions. And now they're trying to do the same with engine.
So, tell me why FIA has waited all this time after Oschersleben before to accuse the Porsche...
Why they've not advised Porsche before of Spa? There was the necessary time for Porsche to modify the car.
No, that's clear... FIA is trying to exclude Porsche from the race to win...
Do you think ACO doesn't verify the cars before to admit them to the championship?
Try to be more intelligent, although you are a ferrari lover.

Use your brain, before to give lessons...
Old 1 Aug 2009, 20:27 (Ref:2513429)   #68
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
I've heard the name "Ferrari 1" from some F1 watchers. Does this mean I can call FIA GT, "Ferrari GT"?
Old 1 Aug 2009, 20:34 (Ref:2513436)   #69
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
my little porsche friend, if the rules say original parts, the rules say original parts, everything else is bull,

if porsche uses niksil in road cars it has to use the same for racing.

its not just durability of the car but the whole 4l concept, the porsche ggt3 engine was designed for 3.2 l now its bored out to 4l, if they use the niksil the engine would probably blowup. its a huge deal, they wolud brobably have to go back to 3.8l

and all this with the 25 kilos break in aco, and 30 in Fia, id say Fia and ACO are verry helpfull to porsche, its porsche who is bending the rules and pushing everyones limits, and they are letting then go becouse the racing is good when they cheat, cose lets face it with 3.8l and 30 kilos more they would get creamed, and it wolud be a ferrari dominated championship/s
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 1 Aug 2009, 20:36 (Ref:2513437)   #70
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ_N_09 View Post
I've heard the name "Ferrari 1" from some F1 watchers. Does this mean I can call FIA GT, "Ferrari GT"?
by the amount of rules being bended to acomedate porsche, i guess you could call it Porsche GT, and ACO Porsche
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 1 Aug 2009, 20:41 (Ref:2513438)   #71
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
You know what? I'm not even gonna argue with a Ferrari flag waver like you anymore. You're so far deluded that you have to insult me to argue your point.

I hope that Porsche wins this dispute so that you cry some more. Hell, look at your signature. I think F1 is more of your kind of sport.
Old 1 Aug 2009, 20:43 (Ref:2513440)   #72
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by arakis View Post
its not just durability of the car but the whole 4l concept, the porsche ggt3 engine was designed for 3.2 l now its bored out to 4l, if they use the niksil the engine would probably blowup. its a huge deal, they wolud brobably have to go back to 3.8l
The 3.8ltr used Steel linners as well, and has done since 2006 in the 996 RSR.
Old 1 Aug 2009, 20:44 (Ref:2513441)   #73
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
BTW, my favorite GT car is the Corvette C6.R. Just shows how little you know about me.
Old 1 Aug 2009, 20:53 (Ref:2513447)   #74
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If Porsche has been allowed to bend the rules since 2007, how exactly is FIA and ACO in favour of Ferrari? Surely, if they truely were Ferrari-huggers, the investigations into Porsche over the last few years would have gone ahead.

Seems they can't find a way to bend the rules enough to improve their endurance issues!
Old 1 Aug 2009, 21:16 (Ref:2513468)   #75
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dario911 View Post
Sorry for you, but there's no point in the rules about this. And so, on Autosprint they are skeptical too, about FIA decision. Knowing Autosprint positions about Ferrari (the magazine can be considered as the p.r. magazine of Maranello...), I understand it's all a stupid bluff.
The car's the same from 2007. The last year FIA tried to get outlaw Porsche due to its suspensions. And now they're trying to do the same with engine.
So, tell me why FIA has waited all this time after Oschersleben before to accuse the Porsche...
Why they've not advised Porsche before of Spa? There was the necessary time for Porsche to modify the car.
No, that's clear... FIA is trying to exclude Porsche from the race to win...
Do you think ACO doesn't verify the cars before to admit them to the championship?
Try to be more intelligent, although you are a ferrari lover.

Use your brain, before to give lessons...
I suggest you refrain from taking me to task for something that I am not responsible for. If you wish to sling ****e, we can, as there are several points of contention here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Capire?!

Evidently my avatar cannot be seen, concerning to who I prefer!

L.P.