Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Closed Thread

Old 16 Aug 2009, 10:53 (Ref:2522273)   #76
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
New Development, while i was lisening to the Radio LeMans during the secon practice sessio of alms, I heard, that ACO desided to be more leniant then Fia gt, and just punish porsche for using wrong liners, with a 25 kilo penalty.
witch in actualiti just cancels theit 25 kilo break they gave theem at the begging of the championship. porche now has 1245 insted of 1225

So both Fia and the ACO have recognised that The rules have been broken!!!

PORSHCE WAS AND IS CHEATING

http://www.imsaracing.net/2009/alms/...um%2009-14.pdf
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 16 Aug 2009, 13:00 (Ref:2522321)   #77
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't want to hear your propaganda.

I've never heard a more immature point of view on this board before I ran into you. I am serious.

Grow up. Ferrari is not the greatest thing ever, as you firmly believe.

Old 16 Aug 2009, 13:28 (Ref:2522333)   #78
phoenix
Veteran

European Union
phoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridphoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by arakis View Post
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

The new regulations for 2009 gt2 are changed as folows

restrictor sizes reduced by 0.7 for both porsche and ferrari,
ferrari 2008 28.1 2009 27.4 -2,4911%
porsche 2008 29.3 2009 28.6 -2,3890%
Although the diameter change is given, it is the area change that is important.

28.1 -> 27.4 = -4.92%
29.3 -> 28.6 = -4.72%

Still not an equal reduction, I'll agree, but that is roughly the reduction in peak power that will result.
Old 20 Aug 2009, 01:12 (Ref:2524739)   #79
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
funny how thing seem to be swept under the rug when porshce is conserned,

Just found this out,

Porsche 997 gt3 rsr are homologeted under waivers for suspension, and bodywork. link to 1.4.2009 fia gt homologation

Explanation of a waiver by FIA's Peter Wright the article link

EXTRACT A Manufacturer with a road GT that is not ideally suited to racing can apply for waivers to allow their car to be run in a more competitive configuration and so avoid expensive development

is anything on that porsche by the book

dam Ferrari should pay me for this
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 20 Aug 2009, 04:21 (Ref:2524771)   #80
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Silver 3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
funny how thing seem to be swept under the rug when porshce is conserned,

Just found this out,

Porsche 997 gt3 rsr are homologeted under waivers for suspension, and bodywork. link to 1.4.2009 fia gt homologation

Explanation of a waiver by FIA's Peter Wright the article link

EXTRACT A Manufacturer with a road GT that is not ideally suited to racing can apply for waivers to allow their car to be run in a more competitive configuration and so avoid expensive development

is anything on that porsche by the book

dam Ferrari should pay me for this
Are you blind? Must be from all the w------g ! The same list includes Ferrari!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
These are routine amendments-that is all.
Old 20 Aug 2009, 08:04 (Ref:2524854)   #81
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Only in one eye, it seems.
Some people are fans of something, and can only see things one way!

Please do not feed the troll.
Old 20 Aug 2009, 09:58 (Ref:2524918)   #82
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
Porsche
GT2 003 911 GT3 RS (997) Début d'Homol. 01.02.2007 Fin : 2014
01.04.2009 07/05 VO SUSPENSION / SUSPENSION
CARROSSERIE / BODYWORK
01.04.2009 08/06 VO CARROSSERIE / BODYWORK (WAIVER)
01.04.2009 09/07 VO SUSPENSION / SUSPENSION (WAIVER)
CARROSSERIE / BODYWORK

Italie / Italy
Ferrari SpA
GT2 004 F430 Début d'Homol. 01.03.2007 Fin : 2014
01.04.2009 07/02 ER SUSPENSION / SUSPENSION
01.04.2009 08/06 VO SUSPENSION / SUSPENSION
CARROSSERIE / BODYWORK
01.04.2009 09/07 VO CARROSSERIE / BODYWORK

where exacly do you see the words (WAIVER) in the ferrari homologation, ofcorse ferrari is on the list, those are the homologation updates for 2009, but ferraris updates didnt need waivers do pass scruteniring
Old 20 Aug 2009, 11:36 (Ref:2524971)   #83
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States

I think that sums up most of my feelings on a certain someone.

Old 20 Aug 2009, 12:00 (Ref:2524994)   #84
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
but ferraris updates didnt need waivers do pass scruteniring[/B]

They didnt do a good job of passing scrutineering at Le Mans , now did they . All the Fiats were found to be illegal (with respect to body width I think it was) ???

The rectified it quickly ..... but they tried a fast one too . Their all at it from time to time arakis , so get back in your box now , like a good boy .
Old 20 Aug 2009, 12:15 (Ref:2525003)   #85
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
They didnt do a good job of passing scrutineering at Le Mans , now did they . All the Fiats were found to be illegal (with respect to body width I think it was) ???

The rectified it quickly ..... but they tried a fast one too . Their all at it from time to time arakis , so get back in your box now , like a good boy .
O I'll get back to my watching and listening mode.

The point of this thread is not weather Ferrari or porsche have tried to cheat, that would be rediculus, becose they try almost every year.

The point is that when ferrari tries something they have to rectify it in a second, and porsche gets waivers , performance adjustments, and the only punishment for plain out cheating was a retraction of performance adjustments they got for no reason at all... Someone is trying very hard to assist porsche, and not ferrari.

If you think i am wrong, name in the f430 era, when has ferrari goten a waiver, positive performance adjustment, or been aloud to run a iligal enge part, or something similar if you know of............

*MJ_N_09 I know the truth hurts, but posche fans should embrace the truth, after all the new porsche moto is extreme truth, but that could have something to do with their extreme interpretation of the same. If you think I have used anything other than facts feel free to correct me
Old 20 Aug 2009, 13:24 (Ref:2525032)   #86
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
arakis - As I said on the Porsche forum that you (troll)frequent; do you not see the irony of a Ferrari fan accusing other’s of cheating?

Do flexing floors, parking cars in the middle of tracks…during qualifying, staging finishes , etc (and the list goes on) ring a bell?
Old 20 Aug 2009, 13:39 (Ref:2525040)   #87
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
arakis - As I said on the Porsche forum that you (troll)frequent; do you not see the irony of a Ferrari fan accusing other’s of cheating?

Do flexing floors, parking cars in the middle of tracks…during qualifying, staging finishes , etc (and the list goes on) ring a bell?
those are all F1 related isues, last time i checked this is a Sportcars and GT board

Anything you have to say about porsche 997 gt3 rsr/ ferrari f430 isue

or is porsche automaticaly alowed to cheat in gt2 becose ferrari did in F1.
that makes no sense, who cares if someone used to cheat, the point is is porsche being assisded by the ACO and FIA now, and are they being unfair to ferrari

*I would apritiate if this thread could be kept about the topic and not about the personal isues you may or may not have about me
Old 20 Aug 2009, 15:06 (Ref:2525073)   #88
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Only in your mind!
You're upset because the Ferrari's are not winning this year. That's understandable. You're a fan and we all get that.
Perhaps you could show a bit more of respect for the opposition.
Old 20 Aug 2009, 17:21 (Ref:2525133)   #89
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Clean it up please. Everyone's entitled to an opinion - but no one's entitled to insult anyone.

Penalty points will be awarded, whether or not you are a Ferrari or a Porsche

Please, please - be nice
Old 20 Aug 2009, 20:37 (Ref:2525213)   #90
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
Clean it up please. Everyone's entitled to an opinion - but no one's entitled to insult anyone.

Penalty points will be awarded, whether or not you are a Ferrari or a Porsche

Please, please - be nice

Personally, I think that the nicest thing that can be done is to lock this thread. I think many will agree with me.
Old 20 Aug 2009, 21:10 (Ref:2525225)   #91
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ_N_09 View Post
Personally, I think that the nicest thing that can be done is to lock this thread. I think many will agree with me.
You know what, I was thinking that. Can't really see what benefit this thread actually has anymore.

Closed.

Any complaints etc. PM me.
Closed Thread