Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 7 May 2009, 20:21 (Ref:2457500)   #76
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Has the Prospeed (ex. JWA) 997 shown up at Spa, because I haven't seen any photos of it yet at Spa and it is not on the LMS entry list.

Tom.
Old 7 May 2009, 22:03 (Ref:2457556)   #77
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It will be there...Prospeed truck is in the paddock, Markus Palttala and Paul Daniels will be the two drivers on the car.

Roman Rusinov will not be at Spa. The Lamborghini will be driven by Peter Kox, Erik Janis and Filip Salaquarda.
Old 7 May 2009, 22:55 (Ref:2457595)   #78
Robbe
Veteran

Germany
Germany
Robbe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Erik Janis is a bit unspectacular but very solid, rookie champion in F3 Euroseries (in front of guys like Bianchi, Mäki).
Filip Salaquarda is very unspectacular, 23th in Formula Masters...
Both are driving for ISR, the team of Salaquarda's father, in Formula Masters this year.
Old 8 May 2009, 00:32 (Ref:2457618)   #79
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
That's a massive shame for Reiter/Spartak, as good as Peter Kox is (and he is very good ) I feel the two rookies will undo any good work he does. Shame, unless JetAlliance and LAA dont finish there will be no repeat of Barcelona.
Old 8 May 2009, 05:21 (Ref:2457708)   #80
KSM86
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
KSM86 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
does anyone know if there will be live internet streaming for this race??
Old 8 May 2009, 09:53 (Ref:2457808)   #81
Tom87
Racer

England
Tom87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM86 View Post
does anyone know if there will be live internet streaming for this race??
Someone always finds something to watch, but no guarantees of availibilty worldwide or quality.

Whatever the case you still have options:

- Radio Le Mans, free radio
- Eurosport player, 1 month video for £3.99 (IIRC) not sure about other currencies.
Old 8 May 2009, 17:45 (Ref:2458093)   #82
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
WTF!!! FIA GT round 2 gets stickied when it is next week and the Spa LMS round does not? When it is already in free practice sessions, what a total load of ****e!! (no offense to FIA intended)

L.P.
Old 8 May 2009, 17:51 (Ref:2458098)   #83
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
That's OK. My FIA GT round 1 thread never got stickied at all...

I'm confused!

Anyway.

A TIE in first practice? Panis' Oreca matches the Pug, to the 1/1000. Excellent.

Oh, Spa live stream is mentioned further up, race-rally.be.

I watched this before, and it's done by the circuit, so covers most Spa races!
Old 8 May 2009, 18:10 (Ref:2458119)   #84
Félix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
Félix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFélix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm waiting to see times done on the dry... but it sure looks close!
Old 8 May 2009, 18:40 (Ref:2458138)   #85
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Félix View Post
I'm waiting to see times done on the dry... but it sure looks close!
I know, I didn't expect Ferrari to lock out the top 6 spots in GT2, and the Essex car was far down the order....
Old 8 May 2009, 18:53 (Ref:2458152)   #86
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
I don't think these can be seen as being in any way representative times. Having listened (admittedly with little more than half an ear) to the RLM commentary the conditions and number of red flags really broke up the session and while you can draw some thoughts from it (i.e. the new Orecas look quick) I'd find it very hard to be conclusive.

Makes it interesting doesn't it?
Old 8 May 2009, 18:53 (Ref:2458153)   #87
AX lover
Racer

Netherlands
AX lover should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Third quickest time in the wet for Spyker today and fastest GT2 trap speed.
Source: Spyker Squadron Twitter
Old 8 May 2009, 22:12 (Ref:2458277)   #88
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post

Makes it interesting doesn't it?
Especially with the predicted weather for the weekend.
Old 8 May 2009, 22:23 (Ref:2458289)   #89
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Watch this space with Spyker...you'll need to keep it free to park it there when it retires with a spectacular engine failiure on lap 3.
Old 8 May 2009, 22:27 (Ref:2458294)   #90
XJR14/WSC95
Racer

XJR14/WSC95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DSC are reporting the very bizarre happenings of the Kolles team removing the Audi logos from there transporters. Perhaps Audi have asked them to remove there name so to not damage the reputation that Audi have built up over the past Decade.

The Kolles effort dose appear to be some what sub standard when compared with other LMS private teams. Past private Audi teams (R8 Days) were always near the front of the grid. Is it all down to the rule changes this year, the poor old R10 has been left behind by the rapid development of the rest of the field trying to claw back the seconds lost with the new Aero regs…
Old 8 May 2009, 22:52 (Ref:2458304)   #91
Félix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
Félix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFélix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Had anybody seen this?

Looks like Pescarolo trying out "RS Spyder" front wheel covers at the Le Mans tests. Are they using them at Spa? I'd suspect we'll see them at LM. But then if they worked on the Bugatti...
Old 8 May 2009, 23:10 (Ref:2458309)   #92
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by XJR14/WSC95 View Post
DSC are reporting the very bizarre happenings of the Kolles team removing the Audi logos from there transporters. Perhaps Audi have asked them to remove there name so to not damage the reputation that Audi have built up over the past Decade.

The Kolles effort dose appear to be some what sub standard when compared with other LMS private teams. Past private Audi teams (R8 Days) were always near the front of the grid. Is it all down to the rule changes this year, the poor old R10 has been left behind by the rapid development of the rest of the field trying to claw back the seconds lost with the new Aero regs…
Or maybe they do not want any confusion when the official boys from Ingolstadt come rolling into a paddock in the near future?

L.P.
Old 9 May 2009, 00:03 (Ref:2458328)   #93
Satorian
Veteran

European Union
Satorian has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I'm thinking about going to Spa on Sunday. Does anybody know whether there are tickets for single days? Or do I have to buy the weekend ticket for €30?
Old 9 May 2009, 00:17 (Ref:2458333)   #94
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satorian View Post
I'm thinking about going to Spa on Sunday. Does anybody know whether there are tickets for single days? Or do I have to buy the weekend ticket for €30?
As far as I know,you'll have to pay the full €30,-. Still bloody cheap if you ask me.

Really lookin' forward to this one. Some frantic last minute arrangements,we'll arrive 'round 5 in the afternoon tommorow,lighting up the BBQ,pulling some beers...

When I saw the way the Aston LMP1's exhaustpipe's come out just a meter from the engine in this 3D vid,I just can't wait to hear it in the flesh!

Old 9 May 2009, 00:21 (Ref:2458335)   #95
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Watch this space with Spyker...you'll need to keep it free to park it there when it retires with a spectacular engine failiure on lap 3.
Ever the party pooper!

DK
Old 9 May 2009, 04:44 (Ref:2458380)   #96
LeMansPilgrim
Rookie

United States
Stuttgart, Germany
LeMansPilgrim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, you have to buy the weekend pass for 30 euros. I have just decided to drive up from Stuttgart, don't know if I will leave today and catch Qualifying or just go tomorrow for the race. But it's too close to home to NOT go, especially since it doesn't look real promising that I will catch the race on TV. I really want to see the AMs and Peugeots before Le Mans!
Old 9 May 2009, 07:45 (Ref:2458415)   #97
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Hindy is up for 2nd practice.

L.P.
Old 9 May 2009, 08:32 (Ref:2458424)   #98
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
For reference, class pole times from 2008 (other relevant times in blue):

LMP1 (diesel): 1:58.069 (Peugeot)
LMP1 (petrol): 2:02.510 (Charouz Aston Lola)

LMP2 (Spyder): 2:05.841 (Van Merksteijn)
LMP2 (Non-Spyder): 2:05.880 (Speedy Lola Coupe)

GT1: 2:16.074 (Modena Aston)

GT2: 2:21.205 (Virgo Ferrari)
Old 9 May 2009, 09:48 (Ref:2458450)   #99
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Alex K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Can't understand, well I think what they're up to, decision to put Lawrence in Team LNT car, more (let's put money influence to the side) obvious choice should be Watts with Kerr and Smith... but then Strakka car would be in deep end. I think it's money decision... but shame.
Old 9 May 2009, 11:28 (Ref:2458488)   #100
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
why is there only 20 minutes to qualify for each group? Isn't that a bit short? Is it due to time constraints? The free practice sessions don't count for qualifying, do they?