Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 14 Jun 2009, 19:22 (Ref:2483225)   #1
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Le Mans 2010 - Who's going?

Well? Who'll be making the trek next June?
Old 14 Jun 2009, 19:28 (Ref:2483228)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Me. Missed it this year. Which was bad and wrong.
Old 14 Jun 2009, 19:38 (Ref:2483242)   #3
RobThorn
Rookie

Wales
South Wales
RobThorn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If I can get the money togther, I'll be there
Old 14 Jun 2009, 20:26 (Ref:2483283)   #4
bdwoody
Veteran

United Kingdom
redbridge southampton
bdwoody should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i wouldn,t mind racing there but unless i win the lotto it aint gonna happen, so i may have to just go and watch !!!! :-)
Old 14 Jun 2009, 21:05 (Ref:2483320)   #5
TheKimme
Rookie

Denmark
TheKimme should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Im Going next year! that's for sure. I Was very disapointed when i found out that we didn't have money for 09. im already saving for 2010. Lets hope audi is better there.. Wasen't ACO talking about only coupés in 2010. Thats what stands here:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lola_B08/60 .
Old 14 Jun 2009, 21:21 (Ref:2483338)   #6
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKimme View Post
Wasen't ACO talking about only coupés in 2010. Thats what stands here:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lola_B08/60 .
That idea is long dead and buried

I might be on the other side of the globe next year. If I'm not, it's going to be my first LM, no matter what happens.
Old 14 Jun 2009, 22:40 (Ref:2483406)   #7
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
Elaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridElaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmm just got home from this year, packing away everything for it to come out again nwxt year . I will be there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 14 Jun 2009, 22:47 (Ref:2483412)   #8
ianroke
Rookie

United Kingdom
South Yorkshire
ianroke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've never been before and wouldn't mind going next year. I would need to find some people to go with as nobody I know is even remotely interested in going!

Do people go to Le Mans on their own?
Old 15 Jun 2009, 03:17 (Ref:2483485)   #9
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I need to finally make it! I've been following sports car racing for 8 years now and it's definitely time!
Old 15 Jun 2009, 04:38 (Ref:2483502)   #10
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
I'm not sure of how much it costs, but I might be going.
Old 15 Jun 2009, 11:25 (Ref:2483691)   #11
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Did I hear a rumour that Fab was present this year?? If the grand old man of Le Mans can make a return I might have to consider a return myself next year... so long as Audi agree not to win again. It just got so tedious... the only two races they didn't win in the past ten I missed!
Old 15 Jun 2009, 11:41 (Ref:2483706)   #12
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This is the question I don't ask to myself.
The only question is : will the children come again ?
Old 15 Jun 2009, 13:19 (Ref:2483766)   #13
Grumpymax
Rookie

Wales
North Wales
Grumpymax should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello all,new to here, but not to Le Mans! Had to miss the last two years, but going back in 2010. Have the dates been confirmed yet?
Old 15 Jun 2009, 13:38 (Ref:2483772)   #14
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes and the Classic.
Old 15 Jun 2009, 16:28 (Ref:2483863)   #15
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mais, Bien sur .. see already improving on my french

Ciao Marco
Old 15 Jun 2009, 17:53 (Ref:2483909)   #16
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
Did I hear a rumour that Fab was present this year?? If the grand old man of Le Mans can make a return I might have to consider a return myself next year... so long as Audi agree not to win again. It just got so tedious... the only two races they didn't win in the past ten I missed!
You don't need me to enjoy, old chap ! But if it can be of any use... as my daughter doesn't want to consider... not to come, I must be there or something really bad could happen to me in my own family !

So consider me in for next year - including classic in July too, BTW...

Now the question is : which GS... we had a La Sarthe one this year, for the first time. We enjoyed it, but to be away from the pre-race show was a bit frustrating. Our usual choice was above the pits, but we tried the Lagache (?) in front of the pits with Ayse in 2002 (or was it 2003 ?)...

What about the Dunlop one ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
the only two races they didn't win in the past ten I missed!
You did miss the Bentley triumph ? Oh dear...
Old 15 Jun 2009, 18:09 (Ref:2483922)   #17
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
I've already posted "See you all again in 2100" on another thread.
So, yes I shall be there next year
Old 15 Jun 2009, 18:20 (Ref:2483932)   #18
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Living in the place I'm a bit offside but I don't expect to remove so I must be here.
Old 15 Jun 2009, 18:42 (Ref:2483946)   #19
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpy View Post
I've already posted "See you all again in 2100" on another thread.
Now that is forward planning.
Old 15 Jun 2009, 18:56 (Ref:2483959)   #20
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'll be there for the first time. Looking forward to it already.
Old 15 Jun 2009, 19:03 (Ref:2483969)   #21
Whole Lotta Love
Rookie

Wales
Wales - UK
Whole Lotta Love should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quite new to Le Mans - only really took an interest in the last two years - but now I am hooked!

Really want to make the trip out there to see it all in person, is it as good as everyone says it is?

P.S. Hello to everyone! New to this forum
Old 15 Jun 2009, 19:16 (Ref:2483975)   #22
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
welcome to you Whole Lotta Love.
Old 15 Jun 2009, 20:27 (Ref:2484019)   #23
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
GCSE exams next year, so I can't - it'll be the first I'll miss since 1998.
Old 15 Jun 2009, 22:22 (Ref:2484103)   #24
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Glad to hear you managed to convince the school of the wider educational benefits of Le Mans Ginger - it may not be on the national curriculum but don't reckon missing a day or two will realistically stunt anyone's educational growth. Blagging your way out of GCSEs might be a touch tougher though!

Certainly planning on coming back for 2010. Every year the whole process on my part becomes a little more polished, as I learn more about the track and the pilgrimage down. This year's big discovery was that the peages don't actually save you that much time, and that Rouen can be a very nice waypoint - as well as obviously making the meet on Saturday morning. All in all it serves to make each successive year more and more enjoyable - long may it continue.
Old 16 Jun 2009, 07:59 (Ref:2484276)   #25
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I will be there as usual, for my 25th annual pilgramage.