Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Closed Thread

Old 23 Aug 2009, 18:27 (Ref:2526815)   #1
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
LM Intercontinental Cup (thread closed)

It's a while off (and I'm yet to be convinced it's going to happen) yet, but this deserves a thread of its own. The ACO are going to launch the "WLMS", or Intercontinental Cup.

I'd like to know what would make/will make the calendar for 2011 (?)

I'd love a calendar like this:

Sebring 12 Hours (double points)
Zandvoort/Assen (2hrs)
Donnington 1000km
Nurburgring (2 hrs)
Spa 1000km
----Break for Le Mans----
Suzuka (2hrs)
Fuji (2hrs)
Estern Creek (2hrs - probably the least likely on this calendar!)
Road America (2hrs)
Mid-Ohio (2hrs)
Petit Le Mans, Season finale. (double points)

And is to be just for LMP1 cars?

Last edited by Gingers4Justice; 23 Aug 2009 at 18:57.
Old 23 Aug 2009, 18:49 (Ref:2526822)   #2
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why 2 hour races in Europe? Thats not really attractive for LMS teams
Old 23 Aug 2009, 18:56 (Ref:2526824)   #3
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ger80 View Post
Why 2 hour races in Europe? Thats not really attractive for LMS teams
6 hour races are even less attractive for the casual spectator and the TV companies!

This Intercontinental Cup will only really compromise of the top LMP1 teams, and the LMS and ALMS would continue?

Oh, and I forgot Donnington.
Old 23 Aug 2009, 19:20 (Ref:2526828)   #4
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd think any Asian rounds would be after Petit Le Mans.

I'd think the LMS and ALMS would continue as regional championships for those that choose not to go continental. There's quite a few cars on the grid that probably wouldn't have the budget to race intercontinental so there should be a championship to accommodate them.
Old 23 Aug 2009, 19:49 (Ref:2526847)   #5
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
It's a while off (and I'm yet to be convinced it's going to happen) yet, but this deserves a thread of its own. The ACO are going to launch the "WLMS", or Intercontinental Cup.

I'd like to know what would make/will make the calendar for 2011 (?)

I'd love a calendar like this:

Sebring 12 Hours (double points)
Zandvoort/Assen (2hrs)
Donnington 1000km
Nurburgring (2 hrs)
Spa 1000km
----Break for Le Mans----
Suzuka (2hrs)
Fuji (2hrs)
Estern Creek (2hrs - probably the least likely on this calendar!)
Road America (2hrs)
Mid-Ohio (2hrs)
Petit Le Mans, Season finale. (double points)

And is to be just for LMP1 cars?
[Rant=on]Similar to the DRM days when Nuremberg became the 500km race (held in two or 3 heats of course) instead a 1000km one. I said it before and say it now again - Le Mans style and GT races below 3h are a bad joke jerking the Gran Tourismo scheme to the bone.
[own opinion alert on] I did not like when FIA-GT introduced their sprint style racing and I don't like it ewhen it comes to le mans prototypes especially. So much for my own opinion. [own opinion alert off]
Your schedule makes no sense at all distance wise during the european rounds. As much as I may hurt dutch feelings now but Zandvoort and Assen are the not really suited for prototype racing. Well Assen maybe with its parking lot like runoffs but thats another topic. Donington is becoming a bad formula 1 joke. While it suited LMS races very well on the "old" layouts the new one provocates sprint style racing. So it would suit your idea but not the racing at all. 1000km there ? Come on. 2 hours would be really enough.
Sebring 12h are also there just because of its own tradition. Why not turning it into a 6 heat / 3 per day and 2h long each race over a saturday and sunday? So the odd spectator still can do other things and racing aint so important at all. Why has Spa a 1000km slot? just because a tradition you dumped with the 2h idea ?

I go with Andrew here mainly. And I too think that not each and all racing should run after what a tv station dictates. An intercontinental cup could be run even now. Some teams move between ALMS and LMS back and forth even now. the asian challenge is another topic on the desk there. Proposed for two years now but only ending in a two heat race at Okayama so far. If it takes place that is.

I am sorry. If LMS and GT classes there turn F1 sprint style I 'll be turned off completely. I just wait for races to be decided in pitlane then
Old 23 Aug 2009, 19:57 (Ref:2526855)   #6
The Real DMN
Racer

England
North Yorkshire
The Real DMN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some good points there Andy.

I can see it being more like this:

Sebring - 12hour
Spa - 6 Hour
Le Mans - 24 Hour
Petite Le Mans - 10 Hour
Fuji (or other) - 6 Hour

That way the big three are in plus Asia gets a race too and Spa fills a gap. The ALMS, LMS and Asian LMS fit in around these.
Old 23 Aug 2009, 21:15 (Ref:2526902)   #7
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy77 View Post
[Rant=on]Similar to the DRM days when Nuremberg became the 500km race (held in two or 3 heats of course) instead a 1000km one. I said it before and say it now again - Le Mans style and GT races below 3h are a bad joke jerking the Gran Tourismo scheme to the bone.
[own opinion alert on] I did not like when FIA-GT introduced their sprint style racing and I don't like it ewhen it comes to le mans prototypes especially. So much for my own opinion. [own opinion alert off]
Your schedule makes no sense at all distance wise during the european rounds. As much as I may hurt dutch feelings now but Zandvoort and Assen are the not really suited for prototype racing. Well Assen maybe with its parking lot like runoffs but thats another topic. Donington is becoming a bad formula 1 joke. While it suited LMS races very well on the "old" layouts the new one provocates sprint style racing. So it would suit your idea but not the racing at all. 1000km there ? Come on. 2 hours would be really enough.
Sebring 12h are also there just because of its own tradition. Why not turning it into a 6 heat / 3 per day and 2h long each race over a saturday and sunday? So the odd spectator still can do other things and racing aint so important at all. Why has Spa a 1000km slot? just because a tradition you dumped with the 2h idea ?

I go with Andrew here mainly. And I too think that not each and all racing should run after what a tv station dictates. An intercontinental cup could be run even now. Some teams move between ALMS and LMS back and forth even now. the asian challenge is another topic on the desk there. Proposed for two years now but only ending in a two heat race at Okayama so far. If it takes place that is.

I am sorry. If LMS and GT classes there turn F1 sprint style I 'll be turned off completely. I just wait for races to be decided in pitlane then
Sorry, was just a dream calendar, its all safe anyway, the ACO apparently aren't interested in consulting dreamy 15 year old school kids for their calendars!
Old 23 Aug 2009, 21:42 (Ref:2526924)   #8
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why Donington over Silverstone? Donington was good but it cant match Silverstone imo, i would love the calender to look something like this:

Daytona 24 hours
Sebring 12 hours
Monza 1000km
Long Beach 500km
Mid Ohio 500km
------
LM 24 hours
------
Algarve Portimao 4 hour twilight race
Fuji 1000km
Bathurst 1000km
Spa 1000km
Silverstone 1000km
Petit Le Mans
500 miles of Zolder

it would never happen, but boy oh boy would it be good, Bathurst and the LMP's would be automotive heaven.
Old 23 Aug 2009, 22:48 (Ref:2526953)   #9
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
I hate to say it, but Silverstone just doesn't do it for me in certain ways like Donington does. Donington actually has hills, and trees within sight of the track. Also, while the number of corners at Silverstone has more than doubled since 1950 (8 to 17 now), the only pre-existing corner that matters that will be altered is Coppice. In plan form, I think the new configuration is something of an improvement in that it gets rid of the ridiculously obvious slap-on "International Loop" that was added to bring the track up to 2.5 miles (4km). Also, Silverstone looks relatively "flat and easy" because everything has been pushed back so far from the track itself that it's hard to get real perspective around much of the lap.

DJ, Assen would be a better LMP/GT circuit than Zolder. They've added too many extra chicanes and esse bends to that particular Belgian circuit for it to provide much scope for actual racing.
Old 24 Aug 2009, 07:23 (Ref:2527095)   #10
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Having been to LMS races at both Donington and Silverstone I can honestly say that whilst Donington is probably a slighty more picturesque circuit cos it has a few trees and some inclines, the garages, paddock, grandstands and facilities are 3rd rate at best (I know that might change if they ever get the money to do the work for the GP), but Silverstone is head and shoulders above Donington in all of those respects, and for those that can walk around the circuit there are some great viewing (and photo) opportunities, it's just that sooo many people can't be bothered to walk around the circuit, and in a 1000k's race there is plenty of time! And those that have walked around will know that the circuit isn't completely flat, it just doesn't have the obvious gradient changes that Donington has.

Anyway, back to topic, I presume the intercontinental cup will be made of existing races, plus an Asian one or two of some description. There is no point in creating races just for a new cup, I guess the idea is to try and encourage teams from Europe and America to compete against each other more often than Sebring, LM and PLM. And again, I guess, the class winners will each recieve an auto entry to the following years LM.
Old 24 Aug 2009, 08:33 (Ref:2527125)   #11
byronb
Rookie

byronb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sebring 12 hours
Long Beach 500km
Spa 1000km
Norisring 2x 500km races
Algarve Portimao 1000km (Like dj said a twilight race..)
------
LM 24 hours
------
Road America 1000 km
Silverstone 1000km
Assen 2x 500 km races
Petit Le Mans
Fuji 1000km

That would do
Old 24 Aug 2009, 09:10 (Ref:2527143)   #12
johntt
Veteran

England
England
johntt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Intercontinental Cup will probably consist of the ACO giving out points for Sebring, Petit a couple of Asian Le Mans rounds (assuming they come to be ) and a couple of LMS rounds + Le Mans.

However if I was to put together a Le Mans World Series this is what I would propose:

1. Daytona 24 Hours
2. Sebring 12 Hours
3. Philip Island 1000km
4. Monza 1000km
5. Spa 1000km
6. Le Mans 24 Hours
7. Norisring 200 miles
8. Silverstone 1000km
9. Nurburgring 1000km
10. Fuji 1000km
11. Petit Le Mans
12. Mil Milhas (Interlagos)

The series would be run with P1 cars only, racing in a class called P1/W, a seperate class to the P1 cars in the LMS/ALMS/Asian championships.

The Daytona 24 will operate like Le Mans with cars coming from all kinds of series to compete in it, same goes for the Mil Milhas.

The Norising 200 miles will be for P1/W cars only.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." -Ayrton Senna
Old 24 Aug 2009, 09:40 (Ref:2527157)   #13
Quintin03
Veteran

Netherlands
Quintin03 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Zandvoort/Assen (2hrs)
Assen ain't gonna happen, they only have the opportunity to hold international racing on 4 different weekends and those have already been given to the TT, WSBK, ETRC and A1GP. Zandvoort however is possible so you're still getting what you'd want. Zandvoort has the possebility to hold racing of any loudness on 12 days every year, on all other days the "average noise" must not exceed a certain maximum.

Oh, I suggest instead of 2 hour races 4 hour races.
Old 24 Aug 2009, 09:51 (Ref:2527171)   #14
Quintin03
Veteran

Netherlands
Quintin03 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

here's part of an article telling us more.
Quote:
MP: The ACO has announced a goal to establish a something akin to a global championship, with an eye toward nominating rounds in a variety of host countries where points are earned for this championship. Can you tell me if and how the Series might be involved in the North American element of this, and if it would add to the Series calendar?

SA: Yes, the ACO announced it was considering the development of a series of selected "blue ribbon" events from the Le Mans Series in Europe, the American Le Mans Series and the Asian Le Mans Series. The working title of this exploratory initiative is the "Intercontinental Cup" (IC) and it could potentially include a classic collection of high-profile, world-class sports car endurance races, but it is not intended to be a world championship. The ACO is in the process of gathering feedback from manufacturers, teams, sponsors and organizers to gauge the level of interest and viability. So far I have heard only positive comments from all.

As far as the American Le Mans Series is concerned, we would eagerly embrace involvement, and I would assume our Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring, Petit Le Mans powered by MAZDA6 and perhaps a third event or venue would be ideal for inclusion. As I understand it each respective Series would operate as usual; however there would be two or three selected events from within each Series but there are no incremental dates that would be designated as rounds of the IC.

Each Series would have its regular grid of competitors, but the selected IC events would attract incremental factory-backed and major independent professional team involvement from abroad - not unlike what Sebring and Petit Le Mans have done all along. The ACO's plan would formalize the structure and potentially build involvement in Le Mans-type racing on a global scale for the manufacturers and major teams that desire to compete worldwide. It's a very exciting prospect and we look forward to working with the ACO to bring the idea to fruition.
MP is Marshal Pruett and SA is Scott Atherton

A calendar for the Intercontinental Cup would be composed of major ALMS, LMS and Asian LMS rounds.
Old 24 Aug 2009, 12:05 (Ref:2527241)   #15
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj choc ice View Post
Why Donington over Silverstone?
Because Silverstone is probably the most dull, drab motor racing circuit in the world.
Old 24 Aug 2009, 17:58 (Ref:2527424)   #16
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The interview mentions a 3rd venue as ideal. Road America? Which circuits would have a paddock that could hold 40+ cars, for example?
Old 24 Aug 2009, 21:22 (Ref:2527533)   #17
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mosport may be able to hold a large grid, and has a history. Certainly Road America could, and if Miller stayed on the calendar, it would be a perfect facility for the IC + ALMS event, but promotion would need to be fixed to keep it on the schedule. I'd like to see the addition of Brands Hatch for a 1000km event. Hearken back to the old world sports car championships of old. Now if Daytona could be loosened from the grip of NASCAR and Grand-Am, along with Watkins we'd be cooking with gas!

Chris
Old 24 Aug 2009, 21:27 (Ref:2527537)   #18
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Little has been mentioned publicaly but plenty of manufactuer's and team's seem to be banking on this LM 'World' Series.

I don't think it can consist of much more than half a dozen races, otherwise all but the very best funded teams could compete.

I'd go for-

Silverstone
Spa
Sebring
PLM
.......plus two Asian events.

I'd hope such a small calender would encourage the likes of P&M and Dyson to take part, with Peugeot, Oreca, Pescarolo etc. going to the US.
Old 24 Aug 2009, 21:44 (Ref:2527550)   #19
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post

I'd hope such a small calender would encourage the likes of P&M and Dyson to take part, with Peugeot, Oreca, Pescarolo etc. going to the US.
I don't believe I can remember an event outside the US (except Canada) entered by Dyson in the past. I don't believe they have a history of traveling outside the US. That doesn't mean they wouldn't though.

DK
Old 24 Aug 2009, 23:56 (Ref:2527595)   #20
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
interesting, this idea....

a 500 miler at RoadAmerica instead of this 1000K stuff...what's a "K" anyways.

RoadATL's paddock was pretty stacked last year but you must keep in mind that roadcourse's paddock areas in the states are vastly different than europe's. they'll find some room and pave a bit more of the infield, if needed. i've only seen the paddock area at Brands' in person, and it was NICE compared. speaking of Brands Hatch:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonerz
I'd like to see the addition of Brands Hatch for a 1000km event. Hearken back to the old world sports car championships of old.
is it not fit for "world sportscars" anymore? love to see LMPs duke it out there!

i think we are all dreaming if Daytona will be involved....but let's see what they come up with....sure it will be wonderful

i'm all for the world championship again...i hate this 2 or 3 separate series'. seems like we're trying to isolate ourselves again...
right now, can't blame some other countries wanting to seperate themselves from the United States
Old 25 Aug 2009, 02:45 (Ref:2527629)   #21
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What's wrong with Laguna Seca?
Old 25 Aug 2009, 09:25 (Ref:2527770)   #22
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
What's wrong with Laguna Seca?
Nothing, we appeared to have unaminously forgotten it.
Old 25 Aug 2009, 09:38 (Ref:2527779)   #23
CarolK
Racer

United States
Texas
CarolK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
interesting, this idea....

a 500 miler at RoadAmerica instead of this 1000K stuff...what's a "K" anyways.

RoadATL's paddock was pretty stacked last year but you must keep in mind that roadcourse's paddock areas in the states are vastly different than europe's. they'll find some room and pave a bit more of the infield, if needed. i've only seen the paddock area at Brands' in person, and it was NICE compared. speaking of Brands Hatch:

is it not fit for "world sportscars" anymore? love to see LMPs duke it out there!

i think we are all dreaming if Daytona will be involved....but let's see what they come up with....sure it will be wonderful

i'm all for the world championship again...i hate this 2 or 3 separate series'. seems like we're trying to isolate ourselves again...
right now, can't blame some other countries wanting to seperate themselves from the United States
this "K" stuff is real endurance racing, superior to the 2:45 here in the US or the 1:30 race at Long Beach which is not at all endurance racing - the paddock at the Nurburgring was fantastic this past weekend - all the LMS teams; 65 CER; the Formula LeMans; Radical challenge; ADAC Formuel; ADAC Masters GT - you'll never see SIX support races here in the US, lucky to get one or two with the alms grid increased due to the GT3 Porsches.
Old 25 Aug 2009, 13:04 (Ref:2527910)   #24
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolK View Post
this "K" stuff is real endurance racing, superior to the 2:45 here in the US or the 1:30 race at Long Beach which is not at all endurance racing - the paddock at the Nurburgring was fantastic this past weekend - all the LMS teams; 65 CER; the Formula LeMans; Radical challenge; ADAC Formuel; ADAC Masters GT - you'll never see SIX support races here in the US, lucky to get one or two with the alms grid increased due to the GT3 Porsches.
Just to be a jerk , PLM will have six support series, 7 if you count each class of SWC. Not near as many cars however!
Old 25 Aug 2009, 21:59 (Ref:2528200)   #25
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Formula BMW, Cooper Atlantic by Mazda, Patron GT3, Star Mazda, Jetta TDi Cup, and IMSA Lites this weekend with the ALMS at Mosport. That is six, isn't it? Add World Challenge GT and TC, IRL, Indy Lights, and a few other regular support events, and filling time on an ALMS weekend isn't hard to do. Car counts are a whole 'nother story.

Of course, given my taste of IRL at Toronto, I have seen the worst and I can assume if the IRL promotes St. Pete (AGR), Long Beach, and Mid-O, maybe your point gains more traction. But LB seems to be pretty stacked with World Challenge, ALMS, drifting, Lites and IndyCars... but I guess this is getting off topic.

As far as Classic Endurance Racing goes, the ALMS needs to align themselves with historic racing series, especially historic F1 and Sports Cars, because they are very much in the same vein as the ALMS. Not to mention, for the ALMS fan it would be a spectacular opportunity to see those historic cars, because on balance the little money I have would go to an ALMS weekend over an historic weekend.

I think Laguna would be cool for the IC, but along with Road America I don't it on the calendar. Of course, convincing teams and the ACO of my schedule may be tough. Ideally I'd like to see:

(Daytona 24h - dreaming)
Sebring 12h
Spa 1000km
Brands 1000km (Silverstone [Tourist Trophy], then Donnington in order of replacement)
(Le Mans - part of the Cup?)
Nurburgring 1000km
Mosport 1000km (despite the fact drivers are scared of 1000k's at Mosport)
Petit Le Mans 10h or 1000miles
Suzuka 1000km (or Okayama, but were this the Poka 1000, that would be very cool!)

Chris