Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 17 Jun 2012, 22:39 (Ref:3093842)   #1251
canam
Veteran

canam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermario21 View Post
Bingo. The Pescarolo I fear will never reach the potential of the 01 because the Judd V8 is god-awful compared to the old V10. It's an old unit, basically the same one I believe as the original LMP2 unit. It was never reliable to begin with, and the problems have been recurring. Pescarolo and Dome are very smart organizations, but the engine I fear will prevent either from reaching success. For Dome, I think it's time to retire the S102.5 and work on a new car, hopefully with some sort of factory engine support (Nissan?).

For Dome: It appears to be timing. They wanted a Toyota motor but they asked too late

For Pesca: Money. They simply dont have it.

It may have also bee a total lack of experience on how much these V8s vibrate. You need to be totally aware of the resultant issues and prepare the car accordingly.

Last edited by canam; 17 Jun 2012 at 22:40. Reason: clarification
Old 18 Jun 2012, 17:06 (Ref:3094216)   #1252
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Poor Henri, this has to be the worst performance of any of his team entries ever. Sad day for a great man.

DK
Old 18 Jun 2012, 18:08 (Ref:3094259)   #1253
canam
Veteran

canam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
if he took his racing 'brain' and applied it to business, he would be a tough act to follow.

When it comes to team ownership, he brought his racing 'heart' and had it handed back to him on a platter.

Ayari blew his chance of LM victory when the regs worked for him. It wasn't to be.
Old 18 Jun 2012, 22:05 (Ref:3094432)   #1254
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by canam View Post
For Dome: It appears to be timing. They wanted a Toyota motor but they asked too late

For Pesca: Money. They simply dont have it.

It may have also bee a total lack of experience on how much these V8s vibrate. You need to be totally aware of the resultant issues and prepare the car accordingly.
And? We had Pescarolo 01 LMP2 Judd cars in 2007 - more or less the same V8.
I agree that Judd engines cant compete with Toyota factory and customer (Rebellion) LMP1 engines, but what we have seen in Le Mans on both Pescarolo cars was not purely Judd's fault. The OAK LMP1 run a lot better ...
Old 18 Jun 2012, 23:25 (Ref:3094476)   #1255
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The saddest thing of all was wheeling the Dome out at the end. Really should have had the good grace to leave it where it was and try and forget a miserable week....
Old 18 Jun 2012, 23:44 (Ref:3094481)   #1256
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Maybe Henri should run an Oak/Pesca P1 , and try to get an engine deal . Possibily a Toyota or HPD .

A lot of teams do that Ayse , then at least the have finishing to brag about ..... but I see your point too .
Old 19 Jun 2012, 00:09 (Ref:3094488)   #1257
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
The saddest thing of all was wheeling the Dome out at the end. Really should have had the good grace to leave it where it was and try and forget a miserable week....
Agree absolutely.

I know there's a great tradition of the walking wounded showing up on the last lap, but I struggled to cheer about this, in direct contrast to the genuine pleasure I had for Drayson crossing the line unclassified in 2010 - one was gamesmanship, and one wasn't.

Sad weekend for all who have a lot of time for all things Pescarolo - although the roar that went through Dunlop when the 03 first went past showed that there's such a reservoir of goodwill that I really hope can be capitalised on.
Old 19 Jun 2012, 07:58 (Ref:3094625)   #1258
canam
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ger80 View Post
And? We had Pescarolo 01 LMP2 Judd cars in 2007 - more or less the same V8.
I agree that Judd engines cant compete with Toyota factory and customer (Rebellion) LMP1 engines, but what we have seen in Le Mans on both Pescarolo cars was not purely Judd's fault. The OAK LMP1 run a lot better ...
How many failures did Judd have at LM (P1 V8s)? Oh, Oh, I think ALL of them and more (3 in the pesca, one in the Dome and the Oak)

Sounds like something wrong in the state of EDL.
Old 19 Jun 2012, 09:21 (Ref:3094679)   #1259
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Sad , over the past few years , everybody was singing praise for Pescarolo , now look what its degenerated to . He should have pulled outta Le Mans .

A lot of people on this forum who were saying he shouldnt pull out , are now slating the teams performance ..... laughable really . Suppose you cant please everybody ...
Old 19 Jun 2012, 09:38 (Ref:3094692)   #1260
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Sad , over the past few years , everybody was singing praise for Pescarolo , now look what its degenerated to . He should have pulled outta Le Mans .

A lot of people on this forum who were saying he shouldnt pull out , are now slating the teams performance ..... laughable really . Suppose you cant please everybody ...
From my perspective I still think the Pescarolo (and Dome) added something to the race in terms of diversity and spectacle, the event was better for having them there than not.

What does seem clear is that the engine package is causing a lot more problems than it should, making the job of properly developing either chassis a lot more difficult.
Old 19 Jun 2012, 10:05 (Ref:3094717)   #1261
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Maybe Henri should run an Oak/Pesca P1 , and try to get an engine deal . Possibily a Toyota or HPD .

A lot of teams do that Ayse , then at least the have finishing to brag about ..... but I see your point too .
There was nothing there at all to brag about, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
From my perspective I still think the Pescarolo (and Dome) added something to the race in terms of diversity and spectacle, the event was better for having them there than not.
Agreed. I still stand by my view there. In comparison to adding another GT, no doubt at all.
Old 19 Jun 2012, 11:36 (Ref:3094776)   #1262
canam
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post

What does seem clear is that the engine package is causing a lot more problems than it should, making the job of properly developing either chassis a lot more difficult.
The Pesca was under-developed and should not have had so many issues--and displayed these to all and sundry at the most important race of the year. The dumping of one driver for another was probably a reflection of tight cash flow conditions on the project while Le Mans would have been a necessity for the money to come. It is too early to determine how good it could be. It is clearly not a R1 Aston.

The Dome's problems appear to have been engine-related.

Did Judd just make a dodgy batch of P1 motors?--like Peugeot did a few years ago.
Old 25 Jun 2012, 21:27 (Ref:3098064)   #1263
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
Interview with Henri - he might not start again next year ..
http://translate.google.co.uk/transl...r-Schluss.html
Old 27 Jun 2012, 07:47 (Ref:3098817)   #1264
The Badger
Veteran

Thats sad news indeed ..... Henri always brings spice to the grid . I really hope he gets that Pescarolo 03 working somehow , and that engine , but I cant see it with the likes of Rebellion , Strakka and JRM on the field and getting quicker all the time . Be nice to see Henri get a HPD deal or a Toyota deal for the engines .

Its a crying shame to possibily see Henri bow out of what was a stellar career ..... hope he is back though .

He could call the new team "Phoenix Competition" .....
Old 27 Jun 2012, 08:02 (Ref:3098824)   #1265
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Thats sad news indeed ..... Henri always brings spice to the grid . I really hope he gets that Pescarolo 03 working somehow , and that engine , but I cant see it with the likes of Rebellion , Strakka and JRM on the field and getting quicker all the time . Be nice to see Henri get a HPD deal or a Toyota deal for the engines .

Its a crying shame to possibily see Henri bow out of what was a stellar career ..... hope he is back though .

He could call the new team "Phoenix Competition" .....
Well. Let's see what happens next year (if Henri can find the financing).
Because Rebellion is currently without a bodywork supplier, and needs to restart this whole progress.

Strakka and JRM are a bit iffy in my mind. As Honda might select a team to receive manufacture support (effectively becoming a Honda Team), leaving the other a bit behind. This will make one of the teams "out of category" for Pescarolo and the other one, with questionable development and support.

But yes, right after securing funds, Henri needs to find himself a good reliable engine which can match the Toyota and Honda engine.
Old 27 Jun 2012, 08:10 (Ref:3098828)   #1266
The Badger
Veteran

If Pescarolo can make their own bodywork , Im sure Rebellion can too . Its really not that hard , just need a mould and use of an autoclave , and the guys to do it which are numerous these days .
Old 30 Jul 2012, 09:40 (Ref:3113612)   #1267
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Goethe pulled the plug:
http://www.les-news.net/Actualite/we...-jette-leponge
Pescarolo has no more money for the rest of the season, but is talking about running the Dome at Fuji, and running a LMP2. Not good at all.
Old 30 Jul 2012, 09:47 (Ref:3113615)   #1268
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
I could see the Dome at Fuji being a possibility, it being Dome's home round. But then again it brings up the question of who will pay for this and as it looks like Goethe has pulled the plug would Dome fund another race?
Old 30 Jul 2012, 09:56 (Ref:3113621)   #1269
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
I guess Goethe anyway founded mainly the AMR
Old 30 Jul 2012, 10:00 (Ref:3113624)   #1270
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
I could see the Dome at Fuji being a possibility, it being Dome's home round. But then again it brings up the question of who will pay for this and as it looks like Goethe has pulled the plug would Dome fund another race?
Dome have said the possibility of the S-102 being there are slim to nil , especially with their less that enthusiastic comments about the Judd .
Old 22 Aug 2012, 21:18 (Ref:3123204)   #1271
Great Dane
Rookie

Denmark
Great Dane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Insolvent

I think their days are numbered Insolvency proceedings have started.
Old 22 Aug 2012, 21:38 (Ref:3123217)   #1272
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Dane View Post
Source?
Old 22 Aug 2012, 21:42 (Ref:3123218)   #1273
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Dane View Post
RIP Pescarolo Sport:

Thanks for the memories.
Old 22 Aug 2012, 23:09 (Ref:3123261)   #1274
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Source?
DSC quoting local French paper.
Old 23 Aug 2012, 05:11 (Ref:3123351)   #1275
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye View Post
DSC quoting local French paper.
Sad news then!

Hope we will get some deeper info about it soon.