Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 8 Jan 2013, 23:36 (Ref:3186617)   #1301
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
PESCAROLO TEAM MIS EN LIQUIDATION MAIS HENRI PESCAROLO TOUJOURS VIVANT !!!
Posted by Team Pescarolo on Facebook.
A bad translation by Google is:
Quote:
PESCAROLO TEAM PUT IN LIQUIDATION BUT STILL ALIVE HENRI PESCAROLO
So something must be going on!?
Old 8 Jan 2013, 23:42 (Ref:3186618)   #1302
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Pescarolo Sport has died but Henri hasn't? Is it normal in France for owners of firms that go into liquidation to be killed?
Old 8 Jan 2013, 23:50 (Ref:3186621)   #1303
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Without wishing to put a damper on things I'd read that as "Team Pescarolo is in liquidation but Henri Pescarolo always lives" - as if to say the team is gone but legend remains.

Obviously I'd be delighted if there was yet another come back but I'm not sure I want to hold my breath for one.
Old 8 Jan 2013, 23:55 (Ref:3186626)   #1304
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Without wishing to put a damper on things I'd read that as "Team Pescarolo is in liquidation but Henri Pescarolo always lives" - as if to say the team is gone but legend remains.

Obviously I'd be delighted if there was yet another come back but I'm not sure I want to hold my breath for one.
It is most likely concerning the Legend, unfortunately

The hope is that Henri Pescarolo has picked up other plans, plans which focuses him on what he do best - Racing! (and by that, I mean keeping him from all business side of a possible operation)
Old 9 Jan 2013, 04:33 (Ref:3186693)   #1305
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Pescarolo Sport has died but Henri hasn't? Is it normal in France for owners of firms that go into liquidation to be killed?

Thankfully no. The legend lives on in our hearts
Old 9 Jan 2013, 06:56 (Ref:3186717)   #1306
KingKenny04
Rookie

United States
MCAS Miramar, CA
KingKenny04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Poor google translation reads something like "we've gone into liquidation, but will still operate as a race team, just not at le mans this year."

http://www.emotionautoprestige.com/i...&topic=14960.0
Old 9 Jan 2013, 09:28 (Ref:3186753)   #1307
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
its quite an interesting read, sounds like it all went tits-up when he didnt perform background checks on luxury.......its a shame the new car using the AMR tub will be so out dated by the 2014 regs, personally I thought it looked the part, had reasonable pace, but was blighted with new car niggles, not to mention an utterly crap LMP1 engine from Judd, I dont buy Judds recent excuses, it appears the IRL programme has caused a major distraction for Judd and both LMP engine programmes suffered accordingly.........it sounds like Henri still has alot of fight left in him and reading between the lines it looks like he is fighting to put together a DOME package for 2104.......go for it I say, just use a proper engine, I'm sure HPD would be willing, just as they have done for OAK......yes it will be more expensive, but you get what you pay for.
Old 9 Jan 2013, 11:32 (Ref:3186811)   #1308
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Get Henri to run the team, and someone else to run the finances...
Good luck to all the team members, hope it works out for you, much as with the Lola guys.
Old 9 Jan 2013, 17:18 (Ref:3186925)   #1309
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by knighty View Post
.......it sounds like Henri still has alot of fight left in him and reading between the lines it looks like he is fighting to put together a DOME package for 2104.......
I'd love to live long enough to see that.
Old 9 Jan 2013, 18:13 (Ref:3186947)   #1310
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
Get Henri to run the team, and someone else to run the finances...
Good luck to all the team members, hope it works out for you, much as with the Lola guys.
x 2.
Old 9 Jan 2013, 19:17 (Ref:3186970)   #1311
tyronnezx
Racer

Sri Lanka
New Zealand
tyronnezx has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post

LOL! u beat me to it!

here's autosport's take on things

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/105024
Old 10 Jan 2013, 07:14 (Ref:3187186)   #1312
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
E-I has interview Henri Pescarolo.
He seems quite positive and gives Luxury Racing the blame for the fall:
http://www.translate.google.dk/trans...2F&sl=fr&tl=en
Old 10 Jan 2013, 17:53 (Ref:3187355)   #1313
Great Dane
Rookie

Denmark
Great Dane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He seems quite positive and gives Luxury Racing the blame for the fall:

Much as Luxury (or rather their previous supporter) also screwed up Jetalliance's racing plans
Old 10 Aug 2013, 18:56 (Ref:3288067)   #1314
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.roadandtrack.com/racing/r...effort?src=rss

After 8 months we FINALLY have an update on the future of Pescarolo Sport!

Henri is trying to assemble 4 million euros to buy a 2014-spec LMP1. He's ruled out an LMP2 effort. He's narrowed down his options to the ADESS, the OAK and the DOME. He still owns the team base and equipment even after the team got liquidated.
Old 10 Aug 2013, 19:11 (Ref:3288071)   #1315
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Pescarolo lives on!!
Old 10 Aug 2013, 19:16 (Ref:3288072)   #1316
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
Pescarolo lives on!!
I wouldn't go that far. Not yet anyway.

Fingers crossed he can get himself a Dome or an OAK - a solid package and good drivers.
Old 10 Aug 2013, 19:18 (Ref:3288073)   #1317
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I wouldn't go that far. Not yet anyway.

Fingers crossed he can get himself a Dome or an OAK - a solid package and good drivers.
Good connections with both manufactures, could ensure him a good deal, freeing money to buy a proper engine!
Old 10 Aug 2013, 19:27 (Ref:3288077)   #1318
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
it would be great to see henri racing again but he will find it difficult raising that much money in today's financial climate
Old 10 Aug 2013, 20:03 (Ref:3288090)   #1319
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I don't believe he will have issue raising that money . Henri is Henri ..... remember , and has an uncanny way of bouncing back . He has done it several times already , I wouldn't bet against him .

The same could be said about the whole series , about teams raising cash , no shortage of teams out there now is there and lots of sponsorship around .

Whats an ADESS BTW ?

I would like to see what he could accomplish with a P1 Oak/Judd GV4 .

For me , I would be happy to see the return of Pescarolo Sport
Old 10 Aug 2013, 20:06 (Ref:3288092)   #1320
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
I don't believe he will have issue raising that money . Henri is Henri ..... remember , and has an uncanny way of bouncing back . He has done it several times already , I wouldn't bet against him .

The same could be said about the whole series , about teams raising cash , no shortage of teams out there now is there and lots of sponsorship around .

Whats an ADESS BTW ?

I would like to see what he could accomplish with a P1 Oak/Judd GV4 .
I thought the Adess is the one who does the Lotus...?
Old 10 Aug 2013, 20:08 (Ref:3288093)   #1321
FGE
Rookie

Germany
Lüneburg
FGE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
...Whats an ADESS BTW ?...
The car, nobody knows who´s the owner.
Old 10 Aug 2013, 20:15 (Ref:3288094)   #1322
avvelenamento
Racer

avvelenamento User had had their licence endorsedavvelenamento User had had their licence endorsed
Pescarolo debt maker attitude and Adess take no prisoners strategy when payment is unsolved is not the perfect combination. I can't remember last time i've read something about the oak P1, there is not any clue of the real exsistence of this project. Only realistic option is Dome. Twist of fate, in 2012 dome paid pescarolo to run the dome s102.5, now is pescarolo looking (and paying) for dome. Anyway, during 2012 pescarolo was trying to get his hands on honda engines, but he folded because too much expensive. Are 4 mln € enough to buy an lmp1 chassis and a not judd engine supply?
Old 10 Aug 2013, 20:50 (Ref:3288107)   #1323
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by avvelenamento View Post
Are 4 mln € enough to buy an lmp1 chassis and a not judd engine supply?
Depends on the Chassis deal.

If Dome is running short on interested buyers, and Pescarolo come with an offer to take 2 chassis and equip them with HPD power, then I think Dome can see a good chance to marketing the worthiness of the chassis.
Old 10 Aug 2013, 21:18 (Ref:3288116)   #1324
FGE
Rookie

Germany
Lüneburg
FGE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The dome may be a fast car (so far not Judd engine is used), but not with a 4 million budget.
Why Pescarolo wants to go into the P1 I do not understand at all.
With Audi, Porsche and Toyota at the start, he will never have a chance for the podium.
With the same budget he could be the class-winner in P2.
Old 10 Aug 2013, 21:41 (Ref:3288127)   #1325
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by FGE View Post
The dome may be a fast car (so far not Judd engine is used), but not with a 4 million budget.
Why Pescarolo wants to go into the P1 I do not understand at all.
With Audi, Porsche and Toyota at the start, he will never have a chance for the podium.
With the same budget he could be the class-winner in P2.
Henri Pescarolo only want to compete in the class with the overall victory chances.
And with approximately 9 factory cars, it seems unlikely he will be among the first 3, but it's Le Mans, we have seen complete teams not making it to the finish line (Audi UK, Mercedes in 1999, and Peugeot in 2010) so the chance is there, and Henri Pescarolo has always wanted to be there, when the chance happens!