Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 2 Apr 2010, 18:13 (Ref:2665534)   #26
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Looks like quality rather than quantity in LMP1. It's not beyond any of those entrants to get a podium finish, IMO. I also think that AMR are dark horses for this race. The R15+ could hit some teething issues (G4J says while clutching hard at some straws) and the Oreca Pug didn't look as quick as one would expect in testing.

The Pescarolo name will be sadly missed .
Old 3 Apr 2010, 14:41 (Ref:2665961)   #27
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Sorry, the BMW was slow on the overall lap, but was fast down the Mistral straight.

DJ, the Peugeots were definitely holding back at Sebring. As for ORECA at testing, they aren't the factory team, but I wouldn't be surprised if they held back as well. The Aston at Sebring ran its own pace to hopefully ensure that it finished, which it did, and right behind the Peugeots in the overall order.
Old 3 Apr 2010, 19:14 (Ref:2666085)   #28
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Was looking at the GT2 entry list and expect quite a donnybrook. There are many more excellent GT2 driver pairings than I've ever seem in the LMS and if their cars are up to it, I would guess there are at least 8 cars and possibly even more with a reasonable chance to win. For Porsche you have almost every car being a contender, also most of the Ferraris and Bell and Turner are excellent and if the Aston has any oomph in it it should be competitive. If Spyker continue from where they were at the end of last year, they certainly have an outside shot. Then there's the BMW and, if the pace in the US is a guide, it should give everyone else a run for the money. I must say the season will really get going next week and I'm looking forward to a very interesting year of competition. Now if we could only get LAA to run a couple of GT2 Vettes!!

DK
Old 3 Apr 2010, 19:56 (Ref:2666107)   #29
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Aston has no chance at Paul Ricard to quote one very experienced GT2 driver "The Aston was like a rocket out of the corners but a brick at the end" that was in response to my question about how the GT2 cars handle the Mistral.
Old 4 Apr 2010, 00:37 (Ref:2666205)   #30
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
With Audi testing at Monza sans the pre-Curva Grande chicane, and with no reason to hold back(unlike the first couple days of the Sebring test) as it was a private test with no one around(except for the guys recording the videos) and no offical timing, and with as good as the cars looked in the videos(taking Curva Grande almost flat out, if not flat and only breathing the throttle and dabbing the brakes for the Parabolica), they should be in good shape if the car is reliable, which mechanically it should be, as it seems that Audi has the cooling issue from last year(the intercoolers getting clogged with dirt due to the agressively louvered sidepods on last year's car), and has survived two 24 or 30 hours test at Sebring without issues.

Anyone think that Peugeot might test at Monza now like Audi did with the R15+ if the Oreca 908 has trouble at Paul Ricard? Or is the 908 about maxed out if the latter proves to be the case?
Old 4 Apr 2010, 02:29 (Ref:2666227)   #31
LeMans.pt
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
LeMans.pt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
First pictures from que Quifel ASM Team GZ09S with the 2010 aero package on lemansportugal.com
Old 4 Apr 2010, 03:02 (Ref:2666233)   #32
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looks good.

L.P.
Old 4 Apr 2010, 07:39 (Ref:2666290)   #33
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gents,

Could someone please educate me about TV coverage of the LMS in 2010 in Europe and the UK in particular. Are the races being aired anywhere or are the rounds taking place in a vacuum? I prefer finding things out for for myself rather than being spoon fed information but I can't seem to find anything about TV deals, not even on the offical website where the TV coverage tab for Le Castellet appears blank.
Old 4 Apr 2010, 08:21 (Ref:2666335)   #34
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
CET times...

11:15 Le Mans Series in Le Castellet, France (45min) LIVE on Eurosport
12:00 Le Mans Series in Le Castellet, France (60min) LIVE on Eurosport 2
14:00 Le Mans Series in Le Castellet, France (25min) LIVE on Eurosport
19:00 Le Mans Series in Le Castellet, France (30min) on Eurosport
Old 4 Apr 2010, 08:33 (Ref:2666343)   #35
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And British Eurosport (so UK time)

10:15 Live Le Mans Series - 8 Hours of Castellet (105min)
13:00 Live Le Mans Series - 8 Hours of Castellet (25min)
18:00 Le Mans Series - 8 Hours of Castellet (30min)
Old 4 Apr 2010, 14:06 (Ref:2666612)   #36
LeMans.pt
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
Once again, the Eurosport broadcast is a complete misery....

It is totally understandable that they wont show the complete race. 8 hours, or the usual 6, are not TV friendly mainly for a broadcaster like the pan-European channel, but, there are plenty of other ways that aren't being properly exploited.

Some of the races in 2009 where shown fully on the Eurosport webplayer. We, fans, paid a fee (4.90€/month ou 49€/year) and we could enjoy the full race. This year, at least for Paul Ricard, the option is not available.

FIA-GT, transmitted the races freely in their website... some other took the same option, and it was a sucess considering the size of the championship and their fan base.

The fact is that ACO sold the TV rights for Le Mans to the Eurosport (and they put on a great show) and 'gave' the LMS as a bonus... and that was a very wrong deal to the LMS as we can see.

The communication from LMS is very very poor... this is not the way to go. Eurosport has more people following that Motors TV, but that's not enough... is true that sponsors have more exposition but on a very limited time. The two options, even if we had to paid for, was much more intelligent as a way to sell the show. The series need to be transmited — air, cable or web — to grow up their fan base.

Without proper exposition, the main manufacturers will not be seduced by the series, and if in one way the deal with Eurosport was made to please Audi and Peugeot in 2008, the truth is that in the ending of the championship they told that there wasn't enough changes on that matter...

What i found hilarious, is that the TV crews are deployed to the circuits, images are taken and recorded of the full race, money is spent to do so, but they seem to not be able (or wanted) to monetized it...

Do this guys understand anything about marketing??

Last edited by LeMans.pt; 4 Apr 2010 at 14:13.
Old 4 Apr 2010, 14:20 (Ref:2666623)   #37
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Don't forget that Radio Le Mans will cover the whole race - just have to close your eyes and pretend.
Old 4 Apr 2010, 14:21 (Ref:2666624)   #38
LeMans.pt
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by courageous View Post
Don't forget that Radio Le Mans will cover the whole race
I Know... thank god for them! Even with the europort webplayer, my ears where always on Radio Le Mans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by courageous View Post
just have to close your eyes and pretend.
What else can we do...
Old 4 Apr 2010, 16:39 (Ref:2666681)   #39
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Tom908V12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't wait for next friday's test at the Paul Ricard
Old 4 Apr 2010, 18:10 (Ref:2666728)   #40
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMans.pt View Post
Do this guys understand anything about marketing??
no
Old 4 Apr 2010, 18:16 (Ref:2666731)   #41
tux1234
Racer

tux1234 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
but for Eurosport to show the entire 8 hours would be a huge task due to all the other sports they show. Should be on Eurosport player online though.
Old 4 Apr 2010, 19:03 (Ref:2666753)   #42
Lipp
Rookie

Netherlands
Lipp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I do not understand either... Eurosport... just give us the feed we need!
Old 4 Apr 2010, 20:10 (Ref:2666779)   #43
carsten66
Veteran

Germany
Heidelberg, Germany
carsten66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
What i found hilarious, is that the TV crews are deployed to the circuits, images are taken and recorded of the full race, money is spent to do so, but they seem to not be able (or wanted) to monetized it...
On top of this, especially considering that they already have all the big car brands, tire brands, oil companies and component suppliers in the series as well and are not able to collect some extra funding at least for a live stream... also we are talking just about five races.

Marketing, PR...??? What's that supposed to mean?

Old 5 Apr 2010, 10:00 (Ref:2666997)   #44
ubrben
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham
ubrben has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux1234 View Post
but for Eurosport to show the entire 8 hours would be a huge task due to all the other sports they show. Should be on Eurosport player online though.
That's why anyone with a brain would show the entire race on Motors and let Eurosport show the start and finish, or a highlights package.

It also beats me why the series can't do a live stream on its website like Indycar does.

Ben
Old 5 Apr 2010, 14:31 (Ref:2667109)   #45
GutZ
Rookie

Portugal
Açores, Portugal
GutZ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello residents, this is my first post here cuz i just register myself, im a big fan of sportscar racing, formula 1 is noting compared to this, u have the most beutyfull and exiting machines of the motorsport enginering! the 8h of castellet will be an awesome race but i have to agreed with a portuguese fan that said eurosport doesnt do a proper coveregeand is rigt, all of the sportscar races should be delivered to motors tv that is a good channel
Old 5 Apr 2010, 16:17 (Ref:2667168)   #46
LeMans.pt
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
Quote:
First pictures from que Quifel ASM Team GZ09S with the 2010 aero package on lemansportugal.com
Some more details...

- New rear wing support (acura stylish)
- New rear with less drag
- Revised aero more suitable for low drag circuits
Old 5 Apr 2010, 18:14 (Ref:2667221)   #47
The Real DMN
Racer

England
North Yorkshire
The Real DMN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good to see Zytek still working on the car. Its been around a while now, but if it ain't broke.
Old 5 Apr 2010, 19:22 (Ref:2667252)   #48
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real DMN View Post
Good to see Zytek still working on the car. Its been around a while now, but if it ain't broke.
Is it not Ginetta working on the old Zytek designs? Or does the old DBA original tub still exist in this new form?
Old 5 Apr 2010, 20:59 (Ref:2667326)   #49
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by C9/89 View Post
Is it not Ginetta working on the old Zytek designs? Or does the old DBA original tub still exist in this new form?
As far as I know Ginetta bought Zytek so I suppose they both are working on the car technically speaking. The tub design is still the same as far as I know.

I believe the oldest active chassis is the newly re-teamed Bruichladdich car, which was built as a Zytek rather than a DBA but was originally an 07S which debuted at Le Mans as the 2nd 'Barazi-Epsilon' factory-run car and has since run for the factory and Karim Ojjeh. The actual Barazi-Epsilon chassis is older but it seems to have become inactive.
Old 6 Apr 2010, 00:55 (Ref:2667394)   #50
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The way I recall it, Lawrence Tomlinson bought into Zytek engineering in an equal 50/50 partnership with Bill Gibson (Zytek), hence Ginetta Zytek.

L.P.