Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 29 Sep 2010, 04:44 (Ref:2766416)   #26
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With RLM be covering this race at all? I'd assume not. Any word on TV coverage either?

I notice that text there lists a DBRS9 entered in the GTC category. Wonder who that could be?
Old 29 Sep 2010, 04:55 (Ref:2766421)   #27
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I seem to recall that there will be RLM coverage, but don't quote me on that.

L.P.
Old 29 Sep 2010, 12:54 (Ref:2766606)   #28
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
RLM were trying to work on something, but it has gone quiet.

Motors TV will show the race full "as live" at a sensible hour on Sunday.
Old 29 Sep 2010, 13:38 (Ref:2766632)   #29
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by courageous View Post
Motors TV will show the race full "as live" at a sensible hour on Sunday.
Really? Now, that is great news! I was expecting to see just the usual 50-minute Eurosport highlight package with that dreadful Mr. Kirby!

About RLM. Weren't they once saying that they could do Zhuhai like Hungaroring LMS race, from Britain?
Old 1 Oct 2010, 11:27 (Ref:2767689)   #30
Monkey Head
Veteran

Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Monkey Head should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jeffery Lee will drive a FLM car with young Zhan
Old 1 Oct 2010, 19:37 (Ref:2767901)   #31
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
Hindaugh confirms RLM will be covering the entire Zhuhai race.
Old 3 Oct 2010, 13:00 (Ref:2768617)   #32
vyselegend
Racer

France
Paris, France
vyselegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Since Motors TV confirmed yesterday that their coverage will be differed, is there any chance we get a live stream of the action?

Also, since usual Live Timing & Scoring functions are assumed by respective organizers websites (LMS, ALMS), where will we have to look that one for?
Old 3 Oct 2010, 19:16 (Ref:2768748)   #33
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'd take a Motors TV feed that's delayed but not edited over just about anything else we are likely to get! Hell, it beats a Eurosport recap or even splitting the race up over several channels, which isn't very reasonable. If by some miracle I'm awake and free when the race is running however, I'll be pleased to listen to Hindy live.
Old 4 Oct 2010, 11:52 (Ref:2769041)   #34
vyselegend
Racer

France
Paris, France
vyselegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sure, but still...

There's nothing like watching the action live. And it's hard to sleep, knowing there's a titanic fight at the other end of the world. Furthermore, a delayed feed means there's no live timing support, which is annoying, especially whenever TV goes to a break.

But I agree it's still miles better than an Eurosport LMS (lack of) coverage.
Old 4 Oct 2010, 15:31 (Ref:2769207)   #35
Lam Pak
Veteran

Lam Pak has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
no tv for macau, hong kong and china?

tickets very expensive for chinese ppl.
Old 4 Oct 2010, 15:56 (Ref:2769236)   #36
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm too lazy to browse these threads back, but are they planning to slow down the GT3 field at all? You know, in order to possibly prevent them from making GT2 (and the last remains of GT1) look like fools?

I hope this Motors TV deal for Zhuhai is a sign. I just REALLY, REALLY hope that ACO gives next year's ILMC/LMS broadcast rights to someone else than Eurosport. With the expection of 24 Hours.
Old 4 Oct 2010, 16:26 (Ref:2769262)   #37
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
FWIW, MotorsTV has just recently been dropped by one of the bigger cable providers in Germany - it wasn't all that widely available to begin with, but now it really has become a non-factor here... with Germany being the biggest market in Europe and Audi's home market, I am not sure if Motors would be the proper descision.
Old 6 Oct 2010, 09:36 (Ref:2770178)   #38
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
http://www.lemans.org/wpphpFichiers/...ges_zhuhai.pdf

Provisional entry list is out. 27 cars, although there are a few things that seem wrong with the list.

No Hitotsuyama Aston Martin in GT1. Jaguar has 2 cars listed although Gentilozzi has now stated only 1 car will make the trip. 4 GTCs, 3 of which are Audis.

Fisichella will be sharing with Bruni, Darryl O'Young replaces Marco Holzer at Prospeed, and Alex Yoong joins the KK Performance GTC Audi!
Old 6 Oct 2010, 10:31 (Ref:2770204)   #39
911targa
Veteran

Taiwan
911targa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the winner in P1,P2 and GT2 will be rewarded an 2011 LM24 entry

glad to see O'Young back to ProSpeed,he has lots of experiences with porsche(mostly with GT3 Cup) on this track.disappointed with the number of entries in GT2.isn't IMSA planned to race their 997 in China at the beginning of this year?

expect Henzler for #77 and Ragginger,Holzer for #88,likely Ried wont race this time like LM24 this year
Old 6 Oct 2010, 11:16 (Ref:2770224)   #40
Deleted
Veteran

All classes look a bit disappointing (albeit there are seven of them!), not much better than @ Okayama. But the list dates back to 15.9, so I'm not entirely convinced that's what we're gonna see...
Old 6 Oct 2010, 11:56 (Ref:2770243)   #41
19dodge
Veteran

19dodge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There are no auto entries to Le Mans for class winners in this event, like last year at Okayama. It's only for the teams' championships in each category in the ILMC.

Henzler won't be part of lineup, he's still out after back surgery. I'd expect to see Richard Lietz, probably.. Or maybe Timo Bernhard.
Old 6 Oct 2010, 12:00 (Ref:2770245)   #42
911targa
Veteran

Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19dodge View Post
There are no auto entries to Le Mans for class winners in this event, like last year at Okayama. It's only for the teams' championships in each category in the ILMC.

Henzler won't be part of lineup, he's still out after back surgery. I'd expect to see Richard Lietz, probably.. Or maybe Timo Bernhard.
yes,i nearly forget that,Henzler wont be available until next year

pretty sure Liez will race this time,the event is already on his racing-calendar,most likely with Lieb in #77http://www.richard-lietz.com/home.ct

anyway this race is going to be the only one in AsLMS this year,according to ACO,the winner in each class will get an automatically entry
Old 6 Oct 2010, 12:10 (Ref:2770256)   #43
911targa
Veteran

Taiwan
what surprised me most is how the team classification in ILMC works,teams with 2 car get scores from all their classified car.so if AF Corse and CRS only race one car,Proton will race with no one but themself
Old 9 Oct 2010, 15:08 (Ref:2772006)   #44
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
John Dagys of SpeedTV.com says that Level 5 will be entering a FLM/LMPC car for the boss himself. Co-drivers unknown as of now.
Old 10 Oct 2010, 13:37 (Ref:2772600)   #45
FastisSlow
Rookie

FastisSlow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In which time zone is the schedule ???

02:30am - 03:15am Autograph Session

03:30am - 04:30am Free Practice 1

http://www.lemans.org/en/races/inter.../schedule.html

Last edited by FastisSlow; 10 Oct 2010 at 13:38. Reason: link
Old 10 Oct 2010, 13:39 (Ref:2772603)   #46
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
French time i.e. CET I would hazard a guess.
Old 10 Oct 2010, 14:09 (Ref:2772612)   #47
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
John Dagys of SpeedTV.com says that Level 5 will be entering a FLM/LMPC car for the boss himself. Co-drivers unknown as of now.
Autosport said Level 5 were one of the teams who had discussions with Audi so perhaps they are gearing up for a Le Mans entry next year with another chassis and want to get on side with the ACO.
Old 10 Oct 2010, 14:45 (Ref:2772626)   #48
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
This level of entry is what happens when you don't have a strong regional support series. Think about that for a minute.
Old 10 Oct 2010, 15:22 (Ref:2772643)   #49
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The bigger story is this round being supported on a factory level by Audi, Peugeot, Porsche, Ferrari, BMW and Jaguar despite late confirmation of the series and not exactly the best financial climate.

With the likes of ORECA moving up next year and Toyota, Nissan, Honda and Mazda supplying at least engines I would expect grids around the forty car mark for the Asian rounds in 2011.

Asian ACO racing is not going to develop without a firm commitment and inclusion in a world series.
Old 10 Oct 2010, 15:29 (Ref:2772647)   #50
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
I'd like to hear opinions on one thing though: should the ACO think about running an invitational class for a few entries from, let's say, Super GT (particularly the GT500 class) for the Asian rounds of the ILMC, for a more... local flavour?