Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 25 Dec 2010, 00:03 (Ref:2808309)   #251
trahsub
Racer

United States
Long Island, NY
trahsub should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Correct. Double entry for the Austrian team. Further details on the squad unknown.

http://www.planetlemans.com/2010/12/...ora-gt2-entry/
Awesome. Man, so they're using a variant of the Toyota 6 cylinder engine that is in the road car? Or something different?
Old 25 Dec 2010, 09:21 (Ref:2808347)   #252
Samoan Attorney
Veteran

Samoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny_GT2 View Post
10 possible GT2 cars, WOW!

BMW M3 GT2
Corvette C6.R
Ferrari 458 (& 430??)
Porsche GT3-RSR
Jag XK-RS (RSR)
Ford GT-R?? (Robertson)
Lambo Gallardo (West Racing)
Lotus Evora (Jetalliance)
Spyker C8??

Am I missing a car??
McLaren........
Old 25 Dec 2010, 09:39 (Ref:2808350)   #253
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoan Attorney View Post
McLaren........
McLaren hasn't developed a GTE running car - yet.
Old 25 Dec 2010, 10:58 (Ref:2808358)   #254
911targa
Veteran

Taiwan
911targa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
That man will end up in the paddock with a long grey beard and a heap of respect ..... much like a Henri Pescarolo I expect .
agrees a lot,he is the only Porsche Factory Driver list READING as one of his interests,he did lots of things besides GT race i guess.

anyway,i think Raymond Narac is another successful example,he is the founder of IMSA Matmut as well as Porsche Rouen,also,he used to be an Porsche engineer and have rich Porsche engineering experiences .Indeed,his excellent performance even absorb teams like Muehlner pay him for some pace with Porsche in other races.I can hardly remember how many times he stood at the podium of Porsche Cup held at the end of each year.
Old 25 Dec 2010, 18:14 (Ref:2808405)   #255
Sirius Motorspo
Rookie

Denmark
Odense, Denmark
Sirius Motorspo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am not all that much into endurance racing, but reading this long thread leads me to ask..Where do teams actually shop for a decent diesel engine for a LMP1 chassis ?

It seems that only Audi and Peugeot are making a serious effort to persue the diesel way, and I just can´t imagine that they may be the only providers of that type of engine in the racing industry ??
Old 25 Dec 2010, 19:41 (Ref:2808420)   #256
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
There is no privateer LMP1 Diesel engine as far as I know, the only non-works Diesel outfit I can remember is the Taurus Caterpillar thing back in 2004.
Old 25 Dec 2010, 19:46 (Ref:2808421)   #257
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
The only potential customer diesel engine could have been WR's Peugeot-based engine, but it looks like that's on hold and the team will probably race the car in P2 again with a new-for-P2 engine. However, Oreca had a deal with Peugeot to use the 2011-spec engine in the Oreca 02 LMP1 project... unfortunately, that project seems to be on hold and has been for months.
Old 25 Dec 2010, 20:28 (Ref:2808430)   #258
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny_GT2 View Post
10 possible GT2 cars, WOW!

BMW M3 GT2
Corvette C6.R
Ferrari 458 (& 430??)
Porsche GT3-RSR
Jag XK-RS (RSR)
Ford GT-R?? (Robertson)
Lambo Gallardo (West Racing)
Lotus Evora (Jetalliance)
Spyker C8??

Am I missing a car??
Will all be represented in the ILMC though, the Jag, Ford and Lambo seem unlikely.
Old 25 Dec 2010, 20:34 (Ref:2808434)   #259
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Will all be represented in the ILMC though, the Jag, Ford and Lambo seem unlikely.
If there's a Lambo in the ALMS, then we should have a Lambo in each ILMC round... that is if the Gulf Team First project keeps plugging along next year in the LMS.
Old 25 Dec 2010, 21:25 (Ref:2808445)   #260
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
The only potential customer diesel engine could have been WR's Peugeot-based engine, but it looks like that's on hold and the team will probably race the car in P2 again with a new-for-P2 engine. However, Oreca had a deal with Peugeot to use the 2011-spec engine in the Oreca 02 LMP1 project... unfortunately, that project seems to be on hold and has been for months.
The project is unfortunatley cancelled, and the Peugeot engine there was going to be used was a petrol engine, meaning that Peugeot would develop both a petrol and diesel. The petrol however has never been mentioned since the demisse of the new Oreca prototype.
Old 25 Dec 2010, 23:46 (Ref:2808472)   #261
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
If there's a Lambo in the ALMS, then we should have a Lambo in each ILMC round... that is if the Gulf Team First project keeps plugging along next year in the LMS.
There are 2 lambo's enterer in the ALMS ..... shod with Yoko's.
Old 5 Jan 2011, 11:36 (Ref:2811431)   #262
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2x Rebellion-Toyota entries confirmed for 2011 ILMC:
http://translate.google.com.au/trans...ILMC_2642.html
Old 5 Jan 2011, 11:42 (Ref:2811433)   #263
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ance-5952.html

I read it as two cars in the LMS, and only one in the ILMC (non-LMS) rounds with the second car being added solely for Le Mans.
Old 5 Jan 2011, 11:57 (Ref:2811441)   #264
carsten66
Veteran

Germany
Heidelberg, Germany
carsten66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by R4z3rw33n View Post
2x Rebellion-Toyota entries confirmed for 2011 ILMC:
http://translate.google.com.au/trans...ILMC_2642.html
The partnership of Toyota and Rebellion Racing is already known... ILMC: one car, LMS: two cars

Old 5 Jan 2011, 12:11 (Ref:2811448)   #265
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ance-5952.html

I read it as two cars in the LMS, and only one in the ILMC (non-LMS) rounds with the second car being added solely for Le Mans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carsten66 View Post
The partnership of Toyota and Rebellion Racing is already known... ILMC: one car, LMS: two cars

I'm aware of this. The ILMC announcement is news to me, however.
As for the 2x entries...excitement took over momentarily.
Old 12 Jan 2011, 19:28 (Ref:2814886)   #266
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The ACO has Jan 19 listed as the entry deadline for the LMS, has anyone heard the deadline for the ILMC?
Old 12 Jan 2011, 19:55 (Ref:2814902)   #267
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Would be one & the same surely - Le Mans being part of the ILMC (or am I being recklessly logical in the face of tha ACO?)
Old 12 Jan 2011, 20:08 (Ref:2814911)   #268
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by courageous View Post
Would be one & the same surely - Le Mans being part of the ILMC (or am I being recklessly logical in the face of tha ACO?)
Except factory entries are not allowed in the ILMC and a couple of teams have declared their intent to do ILMC but not LMS.
Old 12 Jan 2011, 22:07 (Ref:2814973)   #269
carsten66
Veteran

Germany
Heidelberg, Germany
carsten66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OAK Racing with three cars on he grid in the ILMC, two LM P1 and one LM P2 car, one of the LM P1 machines exclusively with Pros...

http://www.lemans.org/fr/actualites/...card_2668.html

Old 12 Jan 2011, 22:21 (Ref:2814976)   #270
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by carsten66 View Post
OAK Racing with three cars on he grid in the ILMC, two LM P1 and one LM P2 car, one of the LM P1 machines exclusively with Pros...

http://www.lemans.org/fr/actualites/...card_2668.html
Starting to sound really promising. Interesting that they are hoping to attract a manufacturer. If anyone was interested in getting an engine in an LMP similar to Aston and Toyota then OAK wouldn't be a bad idea for 2012/13.
Old 13 Jan 2011, 05:50 (Ref:2815085)   #271
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just read the (Oak Racing) detail on DSC.......very ambitious!

One of the cars entered just for development purposes.
Looking to align themselves with a manufacturer in the near future.
Testing with hybrid power and a future LMP1 coupe both being assessed.

We hear so many 'plans' from a multitude of teams, but for some reason, I find Oak's 'plans' to be credible and more likely to come to fruition than not.
Old 13 Jan 2011, 06:41 (Ref:2815095)   #272
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
We hear so many 'plans' from a multitude of teams, but for some reason, I find Oak's 'plans' to be credible and more likely to come to fruition than not.
James thats probably because the record shows that what they say they will do they usually do - unlike some other teams.

Lets hope their hopes of manufacturer alignment comes true as that is a holy grail for an independent race team.
Old 13 Jan 2011, 07:18 (Ref:2815101)   #273
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
James thats probably because the record shows that what they say they will do they usually do - unlike some other teams.
Yep, very true. They are a great asset to our sport. And, Nicolet's (and his mates) gesture to Henri will forever make them 'good guys' and fan favourites. Long may they continue in endurance!
Old 13 Jan 2011, 17:15 (Ref:2815310)   #274
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
AF Corsa

2x 458
1x 430
1x Lola-BMW (LMS
Old 13 Jan 2011, 19:53 (Ref:2815372)   #275
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Yep, very true. They are a great asset to our sport. And, Nicolet's (and his mates) gesture to Henri will forever make them 'good guys' and fan favourites. Long may they continue in endurance!
+1

Might be a lot men at Le Mans wearing pink !!!