Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 7 Dec 2011, 15:19 (Ref:2996510)   #1251
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post

Is there a cliff notes version available?
Pick any of the past 20 pages and read it, they are all pretty much the same points being argued over and over!
Old 7 Dec 2011, 15:24 (Ref:2996515)   #1252
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Sure!

Original schedule:

WEC Fuji 6H - september 30
WEC Bahrain 6H - october 21 clashed with ALMS Petit Le Mans
No prior discussions between ACO and ALMS it seemed about these dates, a LOT of wondering why´s (to say the least).
Petit Le Mans therefor demoted to ´nothing but a national event´* (like Laguna, Road America, etc.)
* no punt intended!

Updated calender: see prior posts. No WEC race scheduled on same weekend as the Petit which - as a result of this - could be ´offered a lifeline´ as far as still being an international classic next year (although logistics suggest that will be very hard for potential participating teams).

Now, would it be a good idea to put the Petit one week further back to give potential entries a reasonable amount of time to make the trip from Japan before they fly back to China? It would save Audi one more clash with their DTM activities.
Old 7 Dec 2011, 15:32 (Ref:2996519)   #1253
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Looks like the date of Bahrain has been moved afterall. Now clashes with Abu Dhabi.
I don´t see a clash with either ALMS/F1 or even ELMS.

WEC Fuji however is on the same weekend as the Korean GP (for those who care...)
Old 7 Dec 2011, 15:35 (Ref:2996523)   #1254
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
I don´t see a clash with either ALMS/F1 or even ELMS.

WEC Fuji however is on the same weekend as the Korean GP (for those who care...)
Yeah I just nicked that off something Hindy put on twitter.
Old 7 Dec 2011, 16:40 (Ref:2996554)   #1255
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
15/09 BRA 6 Hours of Sao Paulo Interlagos
29/09 BHR 6 Hours of Bahrain Sakhir
14/10 JPN 6 Hours of Fuji Mount‐Fuji
Makes sense. If the Bahrain gets canceled (which is a strong possibility, I read that the list of fatalities further increased today, don't expect the Grand Prix to happen either) the teams would travel from Brazil to Braselton, which logistically seems more logical than visiting the Middle East.
Old 7 Dec 2011, 18:08 (Ref:2996598)   #1256
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm actually glad with the date and status of Petit now, it leaves the option for SOME WEC teams to come without flooding it with ALL of them. Leaves enough room for the regular ALMS entrants to breathe
Old 7 Dec 2011, 18:19 (Ref:2996604)   #1257
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
Makes sense. If the Bahrain gets canceled (which is a strong possibility, I read that the list of fatalities further increased today, don't expect the Grand Prix to happen either) the teams would travel from Brazil to Braselton, which logistically seems more logical than visiting the Middle East.
Think they'd still have to go to Japan first - makes more sense your way but beggars can't be choosers, eh? Will take the reorganised schedule and say a tentative "well done... now don't screw it up".
Old 7 Dec 2011, 18:52 (Ref:2996618)   #1258
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
I'm actually glad with the date and status of Petit now, it leaves the option for SOME WEC teams to come without flooding it with ALL of them. Leaves enough room for the regular ALMS entrants to breathe
With the current date it seems improbable that any teams will come over.

Fuji is currently Oct 14th, PLM official testing on the 17th... though historically speaking, you would expect track rental testing by the big teams to start on the 13th. Logistically, I don't think this is going to happen, unless teams have two sets of cars, equipment, pretty much everything.

However, this does alleviate the issue that certain drivers might have had, so it is a positive from that perspective.
Old 7 Dec 2011, 21:02 (Ref:2996705)   #1259
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
After reading this thread I don't think I'll step out of my front door again, danger at every turn!

As for the date changes, it always seemed likely some switch would be made, this season has barely concluded so there was a window of opportunity, the question was whether the change would be from the WEC or ALMS side.
Old 7 Dec 2011, 23:54 (Ref:2996796)   #1260
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
With the current date it seems improbable that any teams will come over.

Fuji is currently Oct 14th, PLM official testing on the 17th... though historically speaking, you would expect track rental testing by the big teams to start on the 13th. Logistically, I don't think this is going to happen, unless teams have two sets of cars, equipment, pretty much everything.

However, this does alleviate the issue that certain drivers might have had, so it is a positive from that perspective.
Who knows, we'll see. Like I said earlier, I believe that AMR shipped their sole Lola between Silverstone and Laguna within less than a week's time. That's a pretty long journey and it turned out pretty well for them. It might be possible with some missed practice time perhaps, but Audi, Toyota, and anyone else who may want to play can probably get some practice time in at RA earlier if they want it. It's not like beating the Dysons of the world will require immense practice anyway.
Old 8 Dec 2011, 23:05 (Ref:2997287)   #1261
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
John Dagys has noticed a couple of things about the revised WEC calendar. Namely a couple of events including Silverstone switching from Saturday to Sunday.

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...ule-announced/

On a personal note it looks like that switch has ruled me out of Silverstone for the second year in a row!
Old 9 Dec 2011, 00:03 (Ref:2997317)   #1262
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
John Dagys has noticed a couple of things about the revised WEC calendar. Namely a couple of events including Silverstone switching from Saturday to Sunday.

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...ule-announced/

On a personal note it looks like that switch has ruled me out of Silverstone for the second year in a row!
I suspect that may be a typo. The official FIA release dated 7th December states otherwise (still 25th August). Here.
Old 9 Dec 2011, 00:09 (Ref:2997320)   #1263
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
I suspect that may be a typo. The official FIA release dated 7th December states otherwise (still 25th August). Here.
But, the WEC calendar on lemans.org states 26th August, so he may be right afterall........seems to be a bit of confusion there.
Old 9 Dec 2011, 02:17 (Ref:2997351)   #1264
Asa
Veteran

Hong Kong
Disneyland
Asa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.autoweek.com/article/2011...#ixzz1g02xloUd

“We switched the dates between Bahrain and Japan due to a major logistical problem for freight and staff just after Brazil,” said WEC general manager Gerard Neveu. “It was a request from most of the teams and it makes good sense for our WEC calendar.”

He described the avoidance of a clash with Petit Le Mans on Oct. 20, which was a by-product of the change, as a “good fact.”
Old 9 Dec 2011, 04:45 (Ref:2997377)   #1265
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asa View Post
He described the avoidance of a clash with Petit Le Mans on Oct. 20, which was a by-product of the change, as a “good fact.”
Gerard "Bernie was my boss" Neveu: "What's an ALMS? Petit Le Mans? Oh, Le Mans isn't that small, it has a population of about 150,000!"
Old 9 Dec 2011, 20:26 (Ref:2997711)   #1266
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Not with this again, please.
Old 9 Dec 2011, 20:57 (Ref:2997739)   #1267
AGD
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Not with this again, please.
What? What? I'm just sayin', that's all. I'm sure we're all aware that Neveu ran Paul Ricard while Bernie's company owned it. I was just pointing out his business acumen. It's a good fact to know if you didn't know it already.

On a side note, what happened to the ILMC honcho? Hayes Baud-Modem was his name I believe. Or something like that.
Old 10 Dec 2011, 11:56 (Ref:2997981)   #1268
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asa View Post
http://www.autoweek.com/article/2011...#ixzz1g02xloUd

“We switched the dates between Bahrain and Japan due to a major logistical problem for freight and staff just after Brazil,” said WEC general manager Gerard Neveu. “It was a request from most of the teams and it makes good sense for our WEC calendar.”

Don't you love it when a calendar that will involve flying all over the world is just slapped together with no thought of how much it will cost to fly back and forth constantly.
Old 10 Dec 2011, 21:59 (Ref:2998200)   #1269
AGD
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wewantourdarbyback View Post
Don't you love it when a calendar that will involve flying all over the world is just slapped together with no thought of how much it will cost to fly back and forth constantly.
It does appear that the initial calendar was released without any consultation with the stakeholders. Having said that, there were rumors much earlier in the year of combining the Sebring and Brazil trip, but the teams said no to having 3 pre-Le Mans races. I don't know if running Brazil after Sebring was ever a realistic option, but I guess the teams struck that one down preemptively. I actually would have preferred seeing Brazil earlier in the year for a number of reasons including that having more races early might have limited the amount of sandbagging the teams do before Le Mans.
Old 18 Dec 2011, 19:02 (Ref:3001619)   #1270
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Audi to start one-make R8 LMS Cup in China, wonder if some cars will end up on the WEC grid for the local round?

http://www.planetlemans.com/2011/12/...ns+Newsfeed%29

Mentioned previously, but ORECA are starting an LMPC series too, good potential to get Chinese teams and drivers into sportscars.
Old 22 Dec 2011, 01:20 (Ref:3002987)   #1271
JAG
Veteran

England
New site

http://www.fiawec.com/
Old 22 Dec 2011, 01:27 (Ref:3002988)   #1272
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
I enjoyed the video they have on there advertising the championship. Interesting choice to have a close up of somebody's Petit Le Mans shirt....
Old 22 Dec 2011, 14:15 (Ref:3003213)   #1273
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
When going through the WEC sporting regulations (available here), I noticed that the 2% BoP rule is still there.
Quote:
In order to keep the differences between the various propulsion technologies within a 2% margin of the lap time, the Endurance Committee will be able to adapt the performance of the slowest technologies of the cars in accordance with the following conditions.
Last year, the small petrol powered teams did not like the fact that they had to do all the investments when they got a restrictor and weight cut before Le Mans. Next year this rule will still be in effect, instead of slowing down the fastest technology (most likely diesel engines and/or hybrid cars).

In LMP2 the rules are exactly the opposite:
Quote:
Thus, should a particular model of car perform too well, under the terms applicable to the adjustment of performance the Endurance Committee may take immediate measures to reduce that car’s performance.
The Endurance Committee will favour reducing the performance of the fastest models rather than increasing the performance of the slower models.
I guess this is another clear message that LMP1 is for manufacturers and LMP2 for privateers.
Old 22 Dec 2011, 23:55 (Ref:3003409)   #1274
AGD
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
I guess this is another clear message that LMP1 is for manufacturers and LMP2 for privateers.
Did the regs stipulate a BoP for LMP2 last year? At least worded the same way as the lines you quoted above? I know there was some unofficial stuff and rumors of further under the table P2 BoP. Either way, more BoP = less reason to give a damn.
Old 23 Dec 2011, 00:17 (Ref:3003413)   #1275
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
When going through the WEC sporting regulations (available here), I noticed that the 2% BoP rule is still there.

Last year, the small petrol powered teams did not like the fact that they had to do all the investments when they got a restrictor and weight cut before Le Mans. Next year this rule will still be in effect, instead of slowing down the fastest technology (most likely diesel engines and/or hybrid cars).

In LMP2 the rules are exactly the opposite:

When different techonolgies is avalible a BoP makes sense, but when only petrol non hybrid is allowed, the BoP makes no sense, as in theory, the slowest and often cheapest car will dictate the pase of the others. This will completely kill any effort from manufacture a fast car, and instead focus on making them cheap, and sell the cars under the slogan: "dont worry about the speed, as regulation will make you competitive". We risk that the manufactures only think of selling cars for profit, and is headed by people like Jean Py! (the person who ran Pescarolo Sport to the ground)
I know the idea is a bit "out there", but in general there is nothing but good sportsmanship, from stopping this from happening