Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 23 Apr 2012, 23:13 (Ref:3064572)   #2526
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
In 1999 Toyota could have gone to the 12 hours of Sebring like Audi and BMW, but they did not.

Last edited by gwyllion; 23 Apr 2012 at 23:19.
Old 23 Apr 2012, 23:24 (Ref:3064574)   #2527
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
They raced Fuji in 99 but lost overall to the Nissan R391.
Old 23 Apr 2012, 23:31 (Ref:3064578)   #2528
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
The discussion is about the lack of racing as preparation for Le Mans? The 1000 km of Fuji (November 1999) was after Le Mans (June 1999), whereas the 12 hours of Sebring (March 1999) was before Le Mans.
Old 24 Apr 2012, 02:56 (Ref:3064612)   #2529
tyronnezx
Racer

Sri Lanka
New Zealand
tyronnezx has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
In 1999 Toyota could have gone to the 12 hours of Sebring like Audi and BMW, but they did not.

yeah Audi did go there. but failed to beat Toyota a few months later.i believe thats the point that TF110 is making. Toyota went with apparently "no prep" and still beat Audi at le mans. hence , i dont think Toyota's abscence at sebring is a biggie. just because you went there doesnt mean Lemans will be given in a silver platter. i have no doubt that the Ts030 will be fast. just how fast and reliable is questionable
Old 24 Apr 2012, 05:25 (Ref:3064639)   #2530
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
You found the result of Sebring 1999. Yet you ignore that BMW won Sebring before winning Le Mans that year. I am not saying that testing in racing condition is a requirement, but it shows that racing is very valuable as preperation.

In 1999 Toyota was in its second year with the car, while Audi was in its first year. That is a huge difference.

Furthermore only the Audi R8R made its race debut in Sebring and the R8C was not ready. We all know how that panned out at Le Mans.
Old 24 Apr 2012, 08:44 (Ref:3064722)   #2531
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
The discussion is about the lack of racing as preparation for Le Mans? The 1000 km of Fuji (November 1999) was after Le Mans (June 1999), whereas the 12 hours of Sebring (March 1999) was before Le Mans.
I wasn't saying Fuji was a preparation for LeMans. Of course I know it was after it. You said they didn't do Sebring, I'm just saying they did another race, Fuji, but it was after the 24hr race. There wasn't any linking to it, just mentioning the only other race the car took part in. And to be fair, didn't BMW win because the final Toyota was involved in an incident- with a BMW?! Lot's of 'what ifs', there's no reason to dwell on it. Lets see how they do at the test day.
Old 24 Apr 2012, 11:57 (Ref:3064822)   #2532
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
http://www.lemans.org/en/races/fia-w...elon_6748.html

Vasselon:
Quote:
Our progress is currently stalled. We have only one chassis available and we will not receive the second until late April, which does not allow us to build a new car for 6 Hours of Spa-Francorchamps.

"We have lost almost all of April and the only race that allowed us to prepare the 24 Hours of Le Mans. Two test sessions were scheduled in April. We will schedule two, possibly three, sessions in May, but nothing replaces the race. We will do our best to be prepared. "
According to http://twitter.com/#!/JAGLeMans/stat...16317516337152 Toyota plans to do two endurance tests and one performance test before Le Mans.
Old 24 Apr 2012, 12:37 (Ref:3064847)   #2533
tyronnezx
Racer

Sri Lanka
New Zealand
Quote:
You found the result of Sebring 1999. Yet you ignore that BMW won Sebring before winning Le Mans that year.
They Did win. but purely on luck. if Toyota wasnt Unlucky they would have eaten that BMW for lunch. didnt a BMW put the charging Toyota out as well? how ironic....
Old 24 Apr 2012, 14:01 (Ref:3064901)   #2534
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyronnezx View Post
They Did win. but purely on luck. if Toyota wasnt Unlucky they would have eaten that BMW for lunch. didnt a BMW put the charging Toyota out as well? how ironic....
Long and hard debates about Le Mans 2010 in here taught me that there is no such thing as a lucky win in endurance racing...you either win or you don't and BMW did.

Toyota had the speed but not the reliability. The third car wan't "put out", it had a puncture. And the two others dropped out beforehand as well, it's not like they only had one bullet in the race.
Old 24 Apr 2012, 14:45 (Ref:3064940)   #2535
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
Long and hard debates about Le Mans 2010 in here taught me that there is no such thing as a lucky win in endurance racing...you either win or you don't and BMW did.

Toyota had the speed but not the reliability. The third car wan't "put out", it had a puncture. And the two others dropped out beforehand as well, it's not like they only had one bullet in the race.
Exactly. Any one who knows a little Le Mans history, knows this.
Old 24 Apr 2012, 14:57 (Ref:3064944)   #2536
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post

are you sure that le mans 2010 for peugeot was about unluck?
i think that if you use a wrong engine set-up for a 24h race or build the engines with defective parts that can't let you finish the race, you can't blame the fate for the fail.
Also toyota gt-one shown problems on tyres in 1998 but they apparenty didn't enough to solve the problem, losing again in 1999, so here is a luck/unluck matter too?
Old 24 Apr 2012, 15:11 (Ref:3064951)   #2537
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
BMW won Le Mans on luck too ..... but the history books never mention luck .
Old 24 Apr 2012, 15:12 (Ref:3064954)   #2538
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Yes , but that was Thomas Bsher driving his private BWM , and not a works entry .
Old 24 Apr 2012, 21:38 (Ref:3065166)   #2539
TF110
Veteran

United States
I read that tweet from JAG late last night, I wasn't sure if he was a credible source or not. So I'm glad you put it up! I take it he is in the know. Performance test would mean what exactly? Also where the tests will be if other than Paul Ricard?
Old 24 Apr 2012, 22:02 (Ref:3065178)   #2540
tyronnezx
Racer

Sri Lanka
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Yes , but that was Thomas Bsher driving his private BWM , and not a works entry .
surely some team orders went there too. qite likely to be influenced by Bmw?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
BMW won Le Mans on luck too ..... but the history books never mention luck .
Fair Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I read that tweet from JAG late last night, I wasn't sure if he was a credible source or not. So I'm glad you put it up! I take it he is in the know. Performance test would mean what exactly? Also where the tests will be if other than Paul Ricard?
im sure they will still go ahead with euro speedway and aragon? paul ricard might still be here too
Old 28 Apr 2012, 14:03 (Ref:3066541)   #2541
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
As I have said before it is more and more apparent Toyota have largely stuck to the original plan and the 'entry into WEC' was a soundbite to help the ACO.
Old 30 Apr 2012, 03:29 (Ref:3067236)   #2542
tyronnezx
Racer

Sri Lanka
New Zealand
did anyone notice new sponsors popping up on the Toyota Page? one very interesting one i havent seen before was Advics. these guys are a brake component firm and are fairly new to the game. i dunno about their experience in the endurance field but heres hoping that Toyota isnt on a roll to replace all the european and american but most importantly, well established manufacturers with up and coming japanese firms. the one in question here is Brembo - quite an obvious choice for motorsports brakes. im all up for promoting homegrown talent but jesus, switching camps this late adds more unexplained variables to the already custard of a scenario toyota finds itself in
Old 30 Apr 2012, 04:10 (Ref:3067243)   #2543
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Brembo isnt neccesarily the only major brake company. I know that AP racing does brakes for many teams as well.
Old 30 Apr 2012, 06:05 (Ref:3067250)   #2544
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
No need to worry. Toyota uses Brembo brakes.

Quote:
Some european suppliers can be found on the car Staubli, Brembo and Ole Buhl for example but most of the car is made in house by TMG or outsourced to Japanese firms.
source: http://www.racecar-engineering.com/n...brid-revealed/
Old 30 Apr 2012, 06:18 (Ref:3067252)   #2545
TF110
Veteran

United States
Daihatsu is a Sponsor, as is Hino. These aren't supporting the car with anything. They are Toyota owned companies. The company you are speaking of is perhaps a supplier to their road cars for regenerative braking systems. If you do a little research you see that they are apart of Aisin which is one of their hybrid partners and is owned by Toyota. So basically Toyota may own apart of or all of this company.
Old 30 Apr 2012, 08:10 (Ref:3067286)   #2546
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Shakedown for the new chassis confirmed at Magny-Cours on May 4, exactly one month since the first car was written off.

http://www.toyotahybridracing.com/to...ack-in-action/
Old 30 Apr 2012, 09:33 (Ref:3067329)   #2547
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Shakedown for the new chassis confirmed at Magny-Cours on May 4, exactly one month since the first car was written off.

http://www.toyotahybridracing.com/to...ack-in-action/
That's a pretty nice achievement, hope they don't have anymore problems now. I'm very very much looking forward to seeing the car at Le Mans. I really hope they can bring it to Audi this year.
Old 30 Apr 2012, 10:28 (Ref:3067357)   #2548
Coopz21 x
Rookie

England
South West, UK
Coopz21 x has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
so does anyone think that the paint scheme they are running now is the one they are gonna use?
Old 30 Apr 2012, 11:55 (Ref:3067403)   #2549
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
It toke Toyota a month to build a new car, of which the manufacturing process had already started. So it will probably be though to build the second car in time for the Le Mans test day. Let us hope that they can finish it in time.
Old 30 Apr 2012, 13:01 (Ref:3067447)   #2550
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
No need to worry. Toyota uses Brembo brakes.

source: http://www.racecar-engineering.com/n...brid-revealed/
Looks like AP Racing to me .