Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 4 Oct 2011, 10:06 (Ref:2965432)   #126
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kober View Post
What would stop them of using Rebellion the same way Audi uses Joest?
I spoke at length with Bart Hayden on Thursday @ Petit, and he effectively said that if Toyota were to announce their LMP program, they more than likely would take control of the entire project and, "...(they would) really prefer to organize as a TMG effort themselves." So no Joest to Audi's LMP program for Rebellion and TMG it would appear.
Old 4 Oct 2011, 10:17 (Ref:2965436)   #127
vyselegend
Racer

France
Paris, France
vyselegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MulsanneMike View Post
I spoke at length with Bart Hayden on Thursday @ Petit, and he effectively said that if Toyota were to announce their LMP program, they more than likely would take control of the entire project and, "...(they would) really prefer to organize as a TMG effort themselves." So no Joest to Audi's LMP program for Rebellion and TMG it would appear.
I like it that way (full comitment from Toyota), but then, what about the Rebellion team? Would it bring an end to the engine partnership? Or couldn't Rebellion engage factory Toyotas instead of the Toyota powered Lolas (even with less up to date parts), like Oreca are doing for Peugeot?

Any hint?
Old 4 Oct 2011, 10:19 (Ref:2965437)   #128
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by vyselegend View Post
I like it that way (full comitment from Toyota), but then, what about the Rebellion team? Would it bring an end to the engine partnership? Or couldn't Rebellion engage factory Toyotas instead of the Toyota powered Lolas (even with less up to date parts), like Oreca are doing for Peugeot?

Any hint?
You can only speculate on those type of deals. The moment Toyota announces the program and the time frame I guess a lot will become clear...
Old 4 Oct 2011, 10:47 (Ref:2965466)   #129
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Any hint?
When the engine deal is also for 2012 and if this is still valid: http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....&postcount=669
Old 4 Oct 2011, 13:05 (Ref:2965545)   #130
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

Any hint?
The Toyota engine deal continues into next year, there's no secret there. In fact their expecting some gains on next year's Toyota engine.
Old 4 Oct 2011, 13:16 (Ref:2965551)   #131
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
Quote:
The Toyota engine deal continues into next year, there's no secret there. In fact their expecting some gains on next year's Toyota engine.
Any idea yet what the switch to single restrictor on the current Rebellion cars was for then?
Old 4 Oct 2011, 13:21 (Ref:2965552)   #132
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
So Toyota is using Rebellion as a test bench?.
Old 4 Oct 2011, 18:09 (Ref:2965689)   #133
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
So Toyota is using Rebellion as a test bench?.
They could certainly make it worth their while in the long term. I think they would still be in line for an engine deal and then get handed some year old chassis if it all comes to fruition.

I am right in thinking the FIA would eventually like the manufacturers to make their engines available to privateers - F1 style?
Old 4 Oct 2011, 19:08 (Ref:2965721)   #134
gregtummer
Veteran

gregtummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At Petit Le Mans I spoke with someone very much in the know and they said Toyota is not entering a factory program.
Old 4 Oct 2011, 19:28 (Ref:2965735)   #135
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I am right in thinking the FIA would eventually like the manufacturers to make their engines available to privateers - F1 style?
De Chaunac said he thinks that's the future given the costs involved and Peugeot are in favour.
Old 4 Oct 2011, 20:13 (Ref:2965756)   #136
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtummer View Post
At Petit Le Mans I spoke with someone very much in the know and they said Toyota is not entering a factory program.
Well , I guess we will find out soon enough if your friend is in the know or not
Old 4 Oct 2011, 20:45 (Ref:2965777)   #137
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Yeah, theres been a big hush from Toyota, but they were hiring not long ago. Remember though, this is Toyota, the richest car company there is. The TMG facilities are big enough for multiple projects as well. Theres obviously something going on, we just have to wait for their announcement.
Old 4 Oct 2011, 20:50 (Ref:2965780)   #138
gregtummer
Veteran

gregtummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Well , I guess we will find out soon enough if your friend is in the know or not
I hope he is wrong, but he is definitely in the know.

He isn't associated with Toyota though.
Old 4 Oct 2011, 22:01 (Ref:2965818)   #139
Livininthinair
Veteran

United States
Colorado
Livininthinair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLivininthinair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I remember reading (not sure if it was from Mike) that Bart Hayden was wanting a power/displacement increase for next year but that the development $$$ was not there, mabey he knows something he is not yet able to repeat in public. I would think Toyota would want to sell engines it is spending money to develop to not only offset price but testing, also not sure if I see Dome/Toyota selling an entire car... I also would think that any LMP/Endurance effort from Toyota would most centainly be a Hybrid... Sorry just my ramble, been excided about Dome coming back in any capacity...
Old 5 Oct 2011, 05:52 (Ref:2965939)   #140
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
You think they'll use a Dome chassis? I think they were using it for testing and evaluation purposes. If they go back, they'll make their own chassis, engine etc. That's the Toyota way.
Old 5 Oct 2011, 06:08 (Ref:2965944)   #141
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
You think they'll use a Dome chassis? I think they were using it for testing and evaluation purposes. If they go back, they'll make their own chassis, engine etc. That's the Toyota way.
They may well design there own chassis but they may outsource its construction, as I believe Audi do.
Old 5 Oct 2011, 07:14 (Ref:2965966)   #142
TF110
Veteran

United States
I don't see a point in doing that, seeing as how the facilities they have are capable of doing it. I think they'll do it all in-house.
Old 5 Oct 2011, 07:53 (Ref:2965981)   #143
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I don't see a point in doing that, seeing as how the facilities they have are capable of doing it. I think they'll do it all in-house.
Indeed when you're able to build a F1 car in house you can probably build a LMP car in house.
Old 5 Oct 2011, 14:39 (Ref:2966123)   #144
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
It will be down to cost and resources including personnel and you may well be right, but they could go either route.
Old 5 Oct 2011, 21:41 (Ref:2966310)   #145
TF110
Veteran

United States
Mr Mike has said that personelle were called back to TMG, this must mean one thing, they built it themselves. It's probably already done in terms of chassis planning and development direction. The building process could well be underway!
Old 6 Oct 2011, 02:23 (Ref:2966408)   #146
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Hmmm... how about this: use a customer chassis like the Dome for 2013 for team building and start with an inhouse all new new-rules car in 2014?
Old 6 Oct 2011, 06:44 (Ref:2966494)   #147
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
That makes sense . Seems a bit late in the day to expect an all new Toyota for 2012 .

But first we got the solar flares to contend with !!!
Old 6 Oct 2011, 10:12 (Ref:2966565)   #148
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
That makes sense . Seems a bit late in the day to expect an all new Toyota for 2012 .

But first we got the solar flares to contend with !!!
When using a updated s102 with a toyota engine they should be able to enter in 2012 I think. In the mean time they can work on their own car and uprated engine.
Old 6 Oct 2011, 10:41 (Ref:2966578)   #149
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think Toyota is going to go racing unless they think they have a very good shot at winning. Also, I'm sure they will want as much of the credit for wins as possible. Hence, I'm guessing you won't see them running some sort of customer car or modified customer car. Plus, I don't think they plan on racing in 2012 anyway. I could be wrong, but we'll see what is happening (if anything).
Old 6 Oct 2011, 15:53 (Ref:2966708)   #150
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NelisB View Post
When using a updated s102 with a toyota engine they should be able to enter in 2012 I think. In the mean time they can work on their own car and uprated engine.
It's suggested the new Toyota has already tested and was presented to the ACO last summer. Whether it's 100% in-house TMG or uses a Dome chassis is open to question.

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20110617/ALMS/110619866