Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 4 Jul 2011, 10:11 (Ref:2917822)   #451
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by arakis View Post
Proton Competition excluded from the race, Long stayed to long in the car. Pun intended
I wonder if the different maximum driving times in Pro & Am caught them out?

Tom.
Old 4 Jul 2011, 10:32 (Ref:2917827)   #452
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Rebellion were on the 4th step of the podium as winners of the LMS.

Fantastic setting for a race & a huge crowd - Hindy mentioned the grandstands around the track weren't full - that was probably because a good half of the track is viewable from the public park (and I don't mean just about if you peer through the trees and squint).

Very 1960-1970s feel to the place, made me think of what crystal palace might have been like when circuit racing was still going there.
Old 4 Jul 2011, 11:44 (Ref:2917864)   #453
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Somewhere i must go, one day. I always fancied it back in the 80s.
Not sure how I'd react to a CHICANE named Villeneuve, though!
Old 4 Jul 2011, 11:47 (Ref:2917867)   #454
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What was the attendance, on TV you couldn't see many people.
Old 4 Jul 2011, 12:22 (Ref:2917890)   #455
brifred
Rookie

brifred should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hindy spoke about the crowd early in the broadcast. he commented that the front grandstands were well filled, but not the ones on the back of the track. From my own experience, most sportscar fans dont park in the grandstands, but prefer to move about and view different sections of the track. Also, considering that motorsports fans had Moto GP at Mugello, WTCC in Portugal,and FIA GT at Navarra to chose from this weekend, the crowd seemed pretty good. Hindy also mentioned that the weekend ticket was only like 15 pounds. ($22)
Old 4 Jul 2011, 14:43 (Ref:2917980)   #456
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
€15 for 3 days access anywhere but pits (open paddock though)
But as I say, the following you could see for free because it is a public park:

1st kink
Tamburello
Villeneuve
Entry of Tosa
Entry of Aqua Minerali
The run out of Aqua Minerali down to the entry of Rivazza 1 (including Variente Alta)

Plus you have the houses INSIDE the track (nimbys would keel over) & tower blocks overlooking various parts

All in all, it would be impossible to say how many people were at the track - but it was busy! (can't imagine what it would've been like with better cross-series scheduling)
Old 4 Jul 2011, 15:23 (Ref:2918002)   #457
ianroke
Rookie

United Kingdom
South Yorkshire
ianroke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennen View Post
You must having been sleeping during the night, that's when the Pug went really well!
In RLM's interview with Ant he did mention that they struggled to get and keep heat in their tyres. Was that a heat issue or a compound issue?
Old 4 Jul 2011, 15:39 (Ref:2918012)   #458
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346 View Post
I wonder if the different maximum driving times in Pro & Am caught them out?

Tom.
Oh dear ..... a right cock up !!!

What is the differance ?
Old 4 Jul 2011, 16:13 (Ref:2918033)   #459
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianroke View Post
In RLM's interview with Ant he did mention that they struggled to get and keep heat in their tyres. Was that a heat issue or a compound issue?
He explained why too It was a heat issue from the cars being so trimmed out that there wasn't enough downforce to warm the tires and the cool conditions at night exacerbated the problem.
Old 4 Jul 2011, 17:34 (Ref:2918071)   #460
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Oh dear ..... a right cock up !!!

What is the differance ?
4 hours in Pro, 3:30 in Am. Long apparently did about 3:45.
Old 4 Jul 2011, 18:11 (Ref:2918093)   #461
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchZ06 View Post
He explained why too It was a heat issue from the cars being so trimmed out that there wasn't enough downforce to warm the tires and the cool conditions at night exacerbated the problem.
The problem was a bit more subtile.

The main problem was with the medium tyre compound. During the day it was quite cool (compared to Spa and Imola where Peugeot was dominant), so they could not get temperature into the tyre (because of less aero and less torque than in the previous years). When they went of the racing line, the tyres cooled down which is why Audi was much better in traffic.

During the night they could use the soft tyre compound, which did not suffer from the said heat issues. That is when the Peugeot showed superior performance over Audi, who stuck to the medium compound.

Davidson also said that Peugeot was better in the wet. Remember that in those conditions Lotterer had to weave his car to get the necessary heat into his tyres.
Old 4 Jul 2011, 18:21 (Ref:2918100)   #462
vlad1977
Rookie

Romania
Oradea, Romania
vlad1977 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where can you find a video replay of the race?
Old 4 Jul 2011, 21:40 (Ref:2918202)   #463
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Some statistics about the length of stints:
  • Audi #1: (Fassler) 29 laps 30 laps (Bernhard) 30 laps 30 laps (Fassler) 30 laps 30 laps (Bernhard) 11 laps 29 laps
  • Audi #2: (McNish) 27 laps 29 laps (Kristensen) 30 laps 30 laps (McNish) 28 laps 29 laps (McNish) 30 laps 16 laps
  • Peugeot #7: (Bourdais) 30 laps 31 laps (Davidson) 31 laps 32 laps 33 laps (Bourdais) 20 laps 31 laps 12 laps
  • Peugeot #8: (Montagny) 29 laps 31 laps (Sarrazin) 31 laps 32 laps 32 laps (Montagny) 30 laps 32 laps 2 laps
Peugeot was able to tripple stint their tyres, while Audi could not.

Also note that without the punctures Peugeot might have been able to complete the race with one pitstop less than Audi. Impressive strategy.

Peugeot had better pace, better tyre wear and better fuel economy.
Old 4 Jul 2011, 23:44 (Ref:2918263)   #464
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
nvm
Old 5 Jul 2011, 19:49 (Ref:2922466)   #465
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Bourdais never looks happy, i dont think he likes being a racing driver...
You all missed it didn't you!...When Seb passed Jorg Muller's #55 BMW on the straight...Muller inexplicable steered his right front into #7 left rear! Smashing the Pug's wheel rim...loosing Seb the lead! By sheer chance the #8 car got a puncture too which restored #7 the lead! ...Which made Bourdaise a VERY HAPPY Racing Driver!

P.S: Good Stats Gwyllion!
Old 5 Jul 2011, 20:14 (Ref:2922481)   #466
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Audi Racer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennen View Post
You all missed it didn't you!...When Seb passed Jorg Muller's #55 BMW on the straight...Muller inexplicable steered his right front into #7 left rear! Smashing the Pug's wheel rim...loosing Seb the lead! By sheer chance the #8 car got a puncture too which restored #7 the lead! ...Which made Bourdaise a VERY HAPPY Racing Driver!

P.S: Good Stats Gwyllion!
Good call. i nver saw this.. iwas in and out watching the wimbledon final and imola. thats seems strange.

Those Gt cars are creating quite a name for themselves lol..
The felbermayr porsche's were Audi's worst nightmare at imola....Anything from Italy was Audi's worst nightmare at Lemans...
Old 5 Jul 2011, 20:26 (Ref:2922489)   #467
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audi Racer View Post
Good call. i nver saw this.. iwas in and out watching the wimbledon final and imola. thats seems strange.

Those Gt cars are creating quite a name for themselves lol..
The felbermayr porsche's were Audi's worst nightmare at imola....Anything from Italy was Audi's worst nightmare at Lemans...
just had to add,

Gooooo Djokovic, my countryman is #1 in tenis singles and Champion of bouth Wimbeldon and Australian open of 2011, he'll probably become as famos as Tesla for my country
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 5 Jul 2011, 20:37 (Ref:2922497)   #468
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Quote:
just had to add,

Gooooo Djokovic, my countryman is #1 in tenis singles and Champion of bouth Wimbeldon and Australian open of 2011, he'll probably become as famos as Tesla for my country
Yeah i'm a huge Djokovic fan. his fan all my life...Its about time... and he deserves it.

how was it in Serbia, Everybody must have been unemployed for a day lol. thats great. Have you met him before?....i have to hear it all.
Old 5 Jul 2011, 20:46 (Ref:2922506)   #469
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
there was like a 100.000 people in front of the Parlament house where a congradulatory meting was held. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCfiQ41zI6M
BTW, no I heven't met him, Belgrade has a population of >2.000.000. but I heard that he is a really down to earth kind of guy, from a friend of his.
P.S. the funny thing is that when he tried out for a national Club in his youth, the trainer said, nothing will come off him! So he didn't get any National support at all, his family preatty much sold everithing they had and enroled him in foreign tenis schoos.
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 5 Jul 2011, 21:45 (Ref:2922542)   #470
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Quote:
there was like a 100.000 people in front of the Parlament house where a congradulatory meting was held. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCfiQ41zI6M
BTW, no I heven't met him, Belgrade has a population of >2.000.000. but I heard that he is a really down to earth kind of guy, from a friend of his.
P.S. the funny thing is that when he tried out for a national Club in his youth, the trainer said, nothing will come off him! So he didn't get any National support at all, his family preatty much sold everithing they had and enroled him in foreign tenis schoos.
Yeah ive seen videos...very funny guy...Well im glad he showed that trainer...His parents really did give him their all . i heard that the older one, Marko?, is coming to play College division I tennis in America?.\

Well i hope you run into him one day...i hope i do to...Ill be at the US. Open.

I was really annoyed at all the people who kept saying Nadal would win that final...saying that djokovic couldn't keep up in a best of 5 sets...

Hard courts are his favorite surface so he;s going to be an even bigger threat at the US open...wow he;s on a roll

I guess we should get back on topic lol.

Last edited by Audi Racer; 5 Jul 2011 at 21:52.
Old 6 Jul 2011, 06:36 (Ref:2922671)   #471
mirkob
Veteran

Italy
Rome
mirkob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Racingworld Photo Gallery (my shots from page 5 to page 12):

http://www.racingworld.it/foto.php?i...s_imola_italia
Old 6 Jul 2011, 19:15 (Ref:2923003)   #472
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hahaha...this threads turned into a Tennis one!...If it hasn't got WHEELS on I havn't got the faintest idea what the hecks going on!
Old 6 Jul 2011, 19:24 (Ref:2923006)   #473
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Yep, weird indeed. I mean, I love tennis as much as the next guy but this isn't exactly the right forum
Old 6 Jul 2011, 19:31 (Ref:2923010)   #474
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audi Racer View Post

I guess we should get back on topic lol.
already been said...read ma post.lol
Old 22 Jul 2011, 14:47 (Ref:2929811)   #475
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Tom908V12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now can't wait for Silverstone, next appointment of ILMC