Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 18 Jan 2012, 16:03 (Ref:3013524)   #51
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Only hope i see is that Peugeot returns in 2014!
Old 18 Jan 2012, 16:03 (Ref:3013527)   #52
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
https://twitter.com/#!/specutainment...66854003081216

Quote:
As we have been reporting the choice given to Quisnel was budget for this year OR for 2014 development NOT both. Strakka Wec champs?
I hope this means that there's still hope to see them back in 2014.
Old 18 Jan 2012, 16:05 (Ref:3013529)   #53
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
The Audi/Pug rivalry has been compelling over teh last few years. This is a massive loss. I'm gutted.
Old 18 Jan 2012, 16:06 (Ref:3013530)   #54
lms
Veteran

lms should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope they will be back in 2014
Old 18 Jan 2012, 16:06 (Ref:3013531)   #55
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
I am not sure you can run a Peugeot 908 so easily... If I was a privateer I would choose a customer-bound car like Oreca, Lola or Zytek, with adequate technical support. Pulling the plug on the programme will mean no further spares will be made for Peugeot. When Porsche retired the works Penske LMP2´s they still made them available to privateers, mainly because they had clients and there was an endurance racing programme active for 911´s, so with this department just producing spares they still had a competitive car running out there and winning-racing for Porsche. Peugeot seems to pull the plug completely, so it won´t support (hope not, but...) anyone..., well that´s what i think...
RLM is reporting that Quesnel was given a budget ultimatum:
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Specutainment
As we have been reporting the choice given to Quisnel was budget for this year OR for 2014 development NOT both. Strakka Wec champs?
Source: https://twitter.com/#!/specutainment...66854003081216

Which leaves them in an odd situation as far as staff retention issues/brain-drain is concerned.

EDIT: Beaten three times...
Old 18 Jan 2012, 16:08 (Ref:3013534)   #56
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Strakka Wec champs?
Does that imply that Audi might not do a full season either?!
Old 18 Jan 2012, 16:11 (Ref:3013536)   #57
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
big blow but lets hope they are able to get a lest one team on the grid as a private entry, perhaps Mr pesco could put something together
Old 18 Jan 2012, 16:13 (Ref:3013537)   #58
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Does that imply that Audi might not do a full season either?!
Or just that the thought was absurd 2 hours ago, and now it's them and Audi who will fight for the win.
Old 18 Jan 2012, 16:14 (Ref:3013538)   #59
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
big blow but lets hope they are able to get a lest one team on the grid as a private entry, perhaps Mr pesco could put something together
Doesn't look like Graham/DSC are holding out much optimism on that one. But I'm sure the ACO/FIA would extend any deadline if it meant getting a Peugeot on the grid.
Old 18 Jan 2012, 16:17 (Ref:3013541)   #60
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
if Mr P found the money in early June the chances are he will be there on the grid
Old 18 Jan 2012, 16:18 (Ref:3013542)   #61
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
There is just so many things NOT making ANY sense.

Why appoint Oliver Quesnel head of a team which get's the axe!?
- He's out of a job!
Citroen pulled out of the WRC a few years back to develop the C4, handing the Xsara's to a privateer, before returning.

Peugeot Sport as an organisation is an integral part of Peugeot, maybe the thinking is it's better to further develop the Hybrid and a new chassis for 2014, rather than dump a lot of money into a soon to be obsolete car, Hybrid's are only going to increase in importance in Peugeot's road car range.

Now this is out I guess it won't be long before we hear more about the immediate future of the 908's and Peugeot's longer-term plans.
Old 18 Jan 2012, 16:18 (Ref:3013544)   #62
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Tom908V12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm GUTTED, GUTTED, GUTTED, it's absolutely WHATEVER this decision from Philippe Varin in the last moment(everyone at Peugeot-Sport wasstill preparing 2012 today) !!!!
Old 18 Jan 2012, 16:22 (Ref:3013546)   #63
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
@Audi__Sport Audi Sport
Audi Sport is very sad to lose a great competitor in LMP1. We'll always remember the fierce battles we had with Peugeot. Bye-bye!
Bye-bye.
Old 18 Jan 2012, 16:26 (Ref:3013549)   #64
Plex
Rookie

Plex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe they will return with something completely looking different....
Old 18 Jan 2012, 16:39 (Ref:3013554)   #65
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
The 2014 bit is interesting. That was one of my main points for them not to pull out, because 2014 is the year to cash in on sports car racing's popularity.... I guess Quesnel has understood that.

If they really do built a car for 2014 they'll start preparations sometime in early 2013 I guess... so there isn't too much down-time involved.

Let's hope this is true... or it's a way to sweeten the exit for the employees and in 2013 when it comes to building a new car nobody will remember that promise...
Old 18 Jan 2012, 16:39 (Ref:3013555)   #66
pach233
Veteran

United States
Greenville, SC
pach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sad, the WEC must be reeling right now. This is a huge blow to everyone in the sport. Hopefully they'll be back in 2014. I've gotten used to Peugeot being around. Sebring and LeMans won't be the same without them this year.
Old 18 Jan 2012, 16:39 (Ref:3013557)   #67
höller
Rookie

höller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That´s bad news and a serious blow to the new established World Championship. Whereas Renault is hitting an all time-high on sales, the PSA obviously is in the s..... Alas, up to now, thank you, Peugeot squad for two legendary Le Mans performances and I hope we will see you back as soon as possible!!
At least, it would be absolutely desireable that Oreca and/or Pescarolo should take over the 908 for 2012.

Maybe one alternative could also be F1 in 2014. What if the PURE would become a Pug?? Would be pretty imo.
Old 18 Jan 2012, 16:41 (Ref:3013558)   #68
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
If they really do built a car for 2014 they'll start preparations sometime in early 2013 I guess... so there isn't too much down-time involved.
I supposse this could actually serve as a justification for keeping intact the infrastructure for privateer support for 2012/13.

Maybe not all hope is lost. And as JAG said they did something similar in WRC a couple of years ago when switching from the Xsara to the C4.
Old 18 Jan 2012, 16:42 (Ref:3013559)   #69
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
about audi, they for sure will run in the 2012 and surely also in 2013 WEC, but if they knew that peugeot partecipation was seriously in danger, they won't spent a lot of money with the 2012 updated r18 (i mean machine-aero update not hybrid engine) and dind't hire treluyer and lotterer. Withot peugeot, to take a third car to LM has not much sense anymore with no challengers, will be just a waste of money for just an internal audi battle. The consequences of peugeot leaving will be heavy for ACO too because peugeot was one of the main promoter for the WEC, LM race and outside europe races of WEC, is really easy to imagine that the 2013 WEC champ will have less "exotic" races and for sure less races at all.
Old 18 Jan 2012, 16:44 (Ref:3013561)   #70
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I didn't see this one coming, in fact I don't think anyone did. I am really shocked at this news. I guess tonight's Midweek Motorsport on RLM might be an interesting listing.
Old 18 Jan 2012, 16:51 (Ref:3013566)   #71
MJones94
Racer

United Kingdom
MJones94 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a rotten piece of news! Just as @barnettracing said: With the new World Championship we expected a brand new start but not an ending. The Audi/Peugeot duel was probably the closest head to head battle we have seen in the whole history of sportscars. What a loss...
Old 18 Jan 2012, 16:53 (Ref:3013568)   #72
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well its a downturn, and the expense of testing, coompeting and running at this the most extravagant of motor races must be horrific.

The Germas always have and always will out budget anyone in their chosen series, Porcshe, Mercedes, Audi, they all do it.

Leave em to it I say and watch something a little less tedious
Old 18 Jan 2012, 16:59 (Ref:3013571)   #73
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Three fewer diesels on the grid.

I think it's a shame to lose a manufacturer but what this effectively means is three noisy, petrol, proper sportscars taking their place at La Sarthe. So that's a plus.
Old 18 Jan 2012, 17:05 (Ref:3013574)   #74
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
The absolute BEST that could come from this is that Peugeot outsource their drivers/technicians/engineers to Pescarolo who then will run a de-facto Peugeot team until 2014.
This way we will still see a top performing Peugeot against Audi and Toyota.

However, this is not likely to be the case.
Old 18 Jan 2012, 17:08 (Ref:3013576)   #75
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
No it's not because Pescarolo would have to bankroll it themselves. I don't have any hope really, running these cars is very expensive and only a very few teams have the resources to pull it off.

Oreca would have been their best bet but now that they're off the market, I don't see anybody stepping in, especially not this late in the season.

I think we'll have to live without a Peugeot on the grid for the next two years at least.