Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 20 Jun 2012, 15:50 (Ref:3095527)   #26
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
So long as they don't give away tickets to WSR, I'm happy!
WEC at my home track, always good. Hopefully I can manage some decent images this time... Hopefully they'll have the access around The Loop open, so we can all get a look in there. Some good photo spots in there.
Old 20 Jun 2012, 16:04 (Ref:3095534)   #27
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
they run this meeting from the new pits and startline, don't they?

tim, when you say access to the loop, which bits of the spectator areas are you talking about?
Old 20 Jun 2012, 16:14 (Ref:3095540)   #28
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
WSR sounds promising. Apart from the classics, I've felt the supports in recent years have been disappointing.
Old 20 Jun 2012, 16:21 (Ref:3095546)   #29
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
the noise is superb for a single seater. think autogp/a1gp cars in a bad mood, with a shotgun, and ridiculously quick round the corners. there's a couple of very seriously experienced drivers who bring it in terms of racecraft, and some outrageously fast rookies.

also there's quite a few fr3.5 graduates from recent years in the wec field (ok, i can think of two), so there's a nice link there too

i think wec cars are such beasts that any support race has a lot to live up to. smaller single seaters like bf3 don't really bring it. what are the other supports?
Old 20 Jun 2012, 18:43 (Ref:3095605)   #30
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Last year almost every stand was open & the shuttle bus around the track ran every 5 minutes (sitting on a double decker going through the middle of becketts mid race is one of the strangest viewing experiences I've had).

WSbR is as good a support as you could get really - much improved on the 9 ashmatics sucking through a straw that is F3; I take it SPEED baby prototypes will be there too?
Old 21 Jun 2012, 07:06 (Ref:3095775)   #31
MJones94
Racer

United Kingdom
MJones94 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ah I am so gutted I cannot go! I just hope it is a good day for it and plenty of people turn up.
Old 21 Jun 2012, 08:52 (Ref:3095824)   #32
littleman
Veteran

littleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridlittleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
For me, WSbR means empty beer cans in your garden, McDonalds cartons strewn around the local woods and No Parking cones stuck on the roof of your car!

Chavvy morons on mass - love pretty much every event up the track except this one!
Old 21 Jun 2012, 10:49 (Ref:3095883)   #33
Thaw Daggerslash
Racer

Thaw Daggerslash should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleman View Post
For me, WSbR means empty beer cans in your garden, McDonalds cartons strewn around the local woods and No Parking cones stuck on the roof of your car!

Chavvy morons on mass - love pretty much every event up the track except this one!
Weirdly, this race isn't about WSbR - as the title of the thread suggests, it is about the WEC.
Old 21 Jun 2012, 13:13 (Ref:3095938)   #34
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So, for the second time - back on topic please.....
Old 21 Jun 2012, 13:15 (Ref:3095941)   #35
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
I was planning to come to this race, but funding shortfalls curtailed that. Plus it's a nightmare to organize transport and lodging considering my location.

Oh well... hopefully some other time. I'll be watching though.
Old 21 Jun 2012, 13:34 (Ref:3095949)   #36
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
what are the other supports?
I've tried to find out, but there's no trace of any timetables yet. I assume it'll be the classic endurance racers as usual.
Quote:
Originally Posted by courageous View Post
WSbR is as good a support as you could get really - much improved on the 9 ashmatics sucking through a straw that is F3; I take it SPEED baby prototypes will be there too?
They're down to support the ELMS at Donington and have no Silverstone date on their website thankfully.
Old 21 Jun 2012, 13:45 (Ref:3095956)   #37
tje23
Rookie

United Kingdom
Staffordshire, UK
tje23 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm really looking forward to it, and I may go to ELMS at Donington too, especially if some of the rumoured GTE/GT3 entries are added. The ELMS never matches the pure enjoyment of the WEC though (especially with the possibility of two Vantage GTEs), and I'm looking forward to that more, and hopefully we'll soon know if the ELMS/WEC Silverstone grid merger will actually happen! I'd like to hear your opinions on the ILMC event last year, if any of you were there, as I thought the support races and events on Saturday were a little dry - what did you think?
Old 21 Jun 2012, 13:46 (Ref:3095958)   #38
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
So, anyway, back to WSR.

The field is really strong this year................
Old 21 Jun 2012, 13:48 (Ref:3095959)   #39
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Amusing.

The next one gets a warning.

I'm sure there must be a home on Tenths here somewhere for West Surrey Racing.... sorry, WSR.
Old 21 Jun 2012, 13:56 (Ref:3095963)   #40
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Amusing.
Old 21 Jun 2012, 16:57 (Ref:3096040)   #41
MJones94
Racer

United Kingdom
Does anyone know the attendance figures for the Silverstone 6 hours last year? I wonder if the figure will be bigger this year since it is a world championship and with FIA backing.
Old 21 Jun 2012, 17:01 (Ref:3096045)   #42
tje23
Rookie

United Kingdom
Staffordshire, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJones94 View Post
Does anyone know the attendance figures for the Silverstone 6 hours last year? I wonder if the figure will be bigger this year since it is a world championship and with FIA backing.
I saw them somewhere! Eurgh, this is going to annoy me now! I'll have a look!
Old 21 Jun 2012, 17:12 (Ref:3096047)   #43
tje23
Rookie

United Kingdom
Staffordshire, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJones94 View Post
Found it! According to the LeMans website, it was 40,000 spectators, but Silverstone seem to have a tendency to count everyone as 'spectators', apparently including drivers and caterers on occasion! 40,000 seems a bit steep, I don't think (from being there) that there were anywhere near that amount of people.

I also think it'll fall this year, as the LMS aren't there, and looking at a lot of fans last year, a large proportion were supporting LMS teams, but then again, Donington is actually more expensive in my case...
Old 21 Jun 2012, 17:20 (Ref:3096048)   #44
MJones94
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by tje23 View Post
Found it! According to the LeMans website, it was 40,000 spectators, but Silverstone seem to have a tendency to count everyone as 'spectators', apparently including drivers and caterers on occasion! 40,000 seems a bit steep, I don't think (from being there) that there were anywhere near that amount of people.

I also think it'll fall this year, as the LMS aren't there, and looking at a lot of fans last year, a large proportion were supporting LMS teams, but then again, Donington is actually more expensive in my case...
Ah thanks for that!
Old 21 Jun 2012, 17:47 (Ref:3096056)   #45
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by tje23 View Post

Is that over the 3 days? If so, I'll take it.......

Were so many supporting LMS teams? I think most were just supporting sportscars, weren't they?
Old 21 Jun 2012, 18:07 (Ref:3096060)   #46
MJones94
Racer

United Kingdom
I wish more people could realise that a 6 hour race is much better value for money than a grand prix with much more action! Surely I'm not the only who feels like this?
Old 21 Jun 2012, 18:18 (Ref:3096064)   #47
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
No argument from me! It's a no-brainer....... But you have to free yourself from the indoctrination that motor racing = F1......
Old 21 Jun 2012, 18:50 (Ref:3096074)   #48
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
As well as people who will only turn up if they're guaranteed crashes.

I like the fact it's not too busy. You can pick your spot and it's a nice way to spend 6 hours, just walking round the circuit backwards (so you can see the cars without having to look the other way) and sitting at various points.
Old 21 Jun 2012, 18:54 (Ref:3096078)   #49
tje23
Rookie

United Kingdom
Staffordshire, UK
Quote:
Were so many supporting LMS teams? I think most were just supporting sportscars, weren't they?
Quite a few people had last year's LMS teams/series' merchandise, but I would agree, the majority were there for the race regardless. I just think that if ELMS goes ahead at Donington, quite a few will consider that over WEC, especially as WEC has a limited grid too! Perhaps 40 cars for Silverstone? That's 30 for the WEC and a few wildcards (the 2nd Aston, the 2011 Gulf Vantage GT2, another Toyota?)
Old 21 Jun 2012, 18:56 (Ref:3096079)   #50
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
Quote:
No argument from me! It's a no-brainer....... But you have to free yourself from the indoctrination that motor racing = F1......
as a sprint race circuit monkey, it's more having to free yourself from the need to sit in front of the racing for the entire length of the race that i find difficult