Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 26 Jul 2012, 14:34 (Ref:3111663)   #101
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by formerf1champ View Post
No, it pretty much answered it fully.

Monaco is not cherished anymore, but Le Mans is? Mainstrean cultural relevance to the opposite side of the Atlantic, or anywhere, is not important. As a hardened motorsport fan from Australia, overall, the Indy 500 has the edge over Le Mans. Also, while people may not appreciate Americans FIGJAM attitude. UK/Europeans have to understand one thing, "you" come across as motorsport snobs. But I'll save that for another thread.
Your opinion is your own and your intitled to it ..... but dont be decieved into convincing yourself that you know it all . Your very far removed from reality to be honest as many top manufacturers , drivers and team owners readily step up and say that Le Mans is the most important race in the world , as well as an International survey from National Geographic .

Oh no , thats no good enough for you !!! Youve got to pipe up and throw insults around to try and prove your point ............

But you seem to know more , and then you label us with the word snob ..... I think you have a bloody cheek to be honest .

What would you know about popular motorsport in the outback blue ? You have a nice little championship down there with your touring cars ..... suggest you leave proper racing to us , and get on with your little homegrown series .

European ..... isnt that what you were basically , or did you forget your history of what a real Australian is ?

I notice from your name it includes the F1 trademark , I suggest you stick to watching your high speed percession and stop sticking your finger into a series your not interested in and clearly know bollicks all about .

Dont bother replying to this , cuz I wouldnt wasnt my time on you , cuz Im one of those European snobs .

Last edited by The Badger; 26 Jul 2012 at 14:42.
Old 26 Jul 2012, 14:35 (Ref:3111664)   #102
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
See where I am from that couldn't be further from the truth. No one has a clue what Le Mans is or what it entails. Outside of hardcore sportscar fans in America. When you say motorsport they laugh and say you watch Nascar...That is there only concept of Motorsport. You could even ask the guys at ABC or Fox news and they probably have no idea what Le Mans is.

In Europe having gone there the average Joe has a good idea of what you are watching when he shows up in the hotel lounge.

Here evern Nascar viewership is dying. ALMS and Le Mans is such a niche in America.

In the same way Americans have a understanding that Nascar exist. Germans are aware of DTM, Europeans of Le Mans and N24 probably.
Sadly, this is so true I remember telling my friends that I was watching a car race (Sebring) and they all instantly thought of Nascar. Then I explained to them that it was nothing like Nascar, that the GT cars actually look like the street car and they didn't believe me. I also remember one time I was watching an Indycar race and my friends thought I was watching Formula One

Here in Ontario, I'd say more people know about the Indy 500 because it is on TV and in the newspaper the next day. Actually the Indy 500 makes the front page every year.
Old 26 Jul 2012, 14:39 (Ref:3111665)   #103
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
In reality, going by the same standards that ranks any other type of world sporting events the "BIGGEST RACE IN THE WORLD" is whatever Formula 1 race gets the highest television ratings. Which is typically Canada because of TV times in addition to 300,000 attending over the weekend.

Canada wins again.
YAY To be honest, the Canadian GP is far more exciting then the Monaco GP. Monaco's excitement on the track has dwindled for many years now while other GPs are still very fun to watch.
Old 26 Jul 2012, 14:41 (Ref:3111667)   #104
lms
Veteran

lms should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamus View Post
Sadly, this is so true I remember telling my friends that I was watching a car race (Sebring) and they all instantly thought of Nascar. Then I explained to them that it was nothing like Nascar, that the GT cars actually look like the street car and they didn't believe me. I also remember one time I was watching an Indycar race and my friends thought I was watching Formula One
thats sad and funny at the same time.
Old 26 Jul 2012, 14:42 (Ref:3111668)   #105
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by formerf1champ View Post
No, it pretty much answered it fully.

Monaco is not cherished anymore, but Le Mans is? Mainstrean cultural relevance to the opposite side of the Atlantic, or anywhere, is not important. As a hardened motorsport fan from Australia, overall, the Indy 500 has the edge over Le Mans. Also, while people may not appreciate Americans FIGJAM attitude. UK/Europeans have to understand one thing, "you" come across as motorsport snobs. But I'll save that for another thread.
After the 1992 Bathurst 1000 and the rules that followed, "butthurt rednecks" could be used for Australian racing fans, however I'm not one to generalize.