Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 28 Oct 2012, 09:20 (Ref:3158896)   #176
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Check Toyota's twitter; a fan in the stands was waiving a Toyota flag! They appreciated the gesture so much they invited him to their pit box.
Old 28 Oct 2012, 09:28 (Ref:3158903)   #177
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A good season and next year will be much better. One really annoying thing the audio on the tv coverage is really low so you turn the tv up loud to hear and then the tv coverage switches to adverts and it almost blows the speakers, not ideal at 3am in the morning.
Old 28 Oct 2012, 09:36 (Ref:3158905)   #178
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
It seemed awkward. Though there was cheering, presumably from the Toyota crew. There was also a lot of squeaking from the flag raising.
Squeeking ..... I was expecting an RSJ to land on the top of the podium at any second !!!

Excellant race , delighted for Toyota , Aston finish on a high note , just great .
Old 28 Oct 2012, 09:37 (Ref:3158908)   #179
ArnageWRC
Racer

UK-ROI
Nord Ouest Ingleterre
ArnageWRC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
A good season and next year will be much better. One really annoying thing the audio on the tv coverage is really low so you turn the tv up loud to hear and then the tv coverage switches to adverts and it almost blows the speakers, not ideal at 3am in the morning.
Ah MotorsTV, don't you just love it? And shown in PreHistoric LowDefinition....
However, we must be grateful for them showing it.
Old 28 Oct 2012, 12:59 (Ref:3158977)   #180
Scooter185
Racer

United States
Connecticut
Scooter185 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Last race of the season and I figure out that I can watch Audi.tv on my tv through my ps3. It was nice to not have to sit in front of my computer to watch it.
Old 28 Oct 2012, 13:56 (Ref:3158995)   #181
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Lotterer with a 1:48.9, very close to the Toyota's fast time. As posed on air, why couldn't Audi run competitive times in the race until now?
How full is the fuel tank at that point ?
Old 28 Oct 2012, 18:34 (Ref:3159125)   #182
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Into the final 45mins of the race now on my Sky+. Really not a thriller this one but you have to admire the way that Toyota just went out and broke the will of Audi right from the first lap.

Awesome to see Aston get the win and hopefully they can kick on next year, especially if they can secure that second pro car on the grid.
Old 28 Oct 2012, 19:01 (Ref:3159142)   #183
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Fassler has been off the pace at Fuji and it seems the same is going on here.
These are the average lap times of all the stints of the #1 Audi.
no driver laps average
1 Tréluyer 27 1:51.758
2 Tréluyer 28 1:51.604
3 Fässler 28 1:51.958
4 Fässler 27 1:51.891
5 Lotterer 28 1:51.844
6 Lotterer 28 1:51.194
7 Lotterer 25 1:52.015
Fässler had a similar average lap time as the first and third stint of Lotterer. However, Lotterer probably consolidated his position during his last stint.

A similar analysis for the #2 Audi.
no driver laps average
1 McNish 27 1:51.574
2 McNish 28 1:51.783
3 Kristensen 28 1:51.721
4 Kristensen 28 1:51.284
5 McNish 28 1:51.373
6 Kristensen 28 1:51.331
7 Kristensen 24 1:51.526

Finally, a similar analysis for the #7 Toyota.
no driver laps average
1 Lapierre 23 1:50.719
2 Lapierre 25 1:50.719
3 Wurz 25 1:50.714
4 Wurz 25 1:50.402
5 Lapierre 25 1:50.600
6 Lapierre 25 1:51.243
7 Wurz 21 1:50.983
8 Wurz 22 1:51.690
This shows that Toyota was gaining 1 second per lap during the first half of the race, which was more than enough to do the final splash. At the end of the race (from stint 6 on) the drivers just brought the car home.

The average sector times show where Audi was losing time to Toyota.
  sector 1 sector 2 sector 3 total
1 38.410 40.227 33.103 1:51.739
2 38.253 40.111 33.130 1:51.493
7 37.799 39.876 33.214 1:50.889

Last edited by gwyllion; 28 Oct 2012 at 23:05.
Old 28 Oct 2012, 21:27 (Ref:3159198)   #184
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Now I remember why I have stuck with the ALMS race threads. Just because one team does well with their chosen weapon doesn't make the others choice lesser. Can't be just be glad two are left to battle it out without ripping each to the minutiae of who is technically better and has a better future? Somehow the WEC, LMS and LM threads rip ALL of the enjoyment I get from sportscar racing right out and crap on it. I like to be able to read about what has happened or what teams may be making but apparently the forum is full of the SMARTEST automotive engineers of all time and I should just be grateful for their presence and genius.

Sorry but in describing the two cars to those people who buy and consider Audi, BMW, Lexus, MB (aka most of the race teams target audience) no one has ever asked which will win for the street or which is more advanced. Most have just been BLOWN away completely that they race for 24 hours and what the cars can do in corners and traffic, and yes the youtube app is a GREAT sales tool for getting new fans. And mostly being suburban Americans, the Toyota with a petrol engine is more their style as they just don't get diesels in cars. Although video with sound of an Audi coming around a corner with almost no noise has yet to thoroughly impress anyone that's seen it.
Old 28 Oct 2012, 22:45 (Ref:3159236)   #185
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Now I remember why I have stuck with the ALMS race threads. Just because one team does well with their chosen weapon doesn't make the others choice lesser. Can't be just be glad two are left to battle it out without ripping each to the minutiae of who is technically better and has a better future? Somehow the WEC, LMS and LM threads rip ALL of the enjoyment I get from sportscar racing right out and crap on it. I like to be able to read about what has happened or what teams may be making but apparently the forum is full of the SMARTEST automotive engineers of all time and I should just be grateful for their presence and genius.

Sorry but in describing the two cars to those people who buy and consider Audi, BMW, Lexus, MB (aka most of the race teams target audience) no one has ever asked which will win for the street or which is more advanced. Most have just been BLOWN away completely that they race for 24 hours and what the cars can do in corners and traffic, and yes the youtube app is a GREAT sales tool for getting new fans. And mostly being suburban Americans, the Toyota with a petrol engine is more their style as they just don't get diesels in cars. Although video with sound of an Audi coming around a corner with almost no noise has yet to thoroughly impress anyone that's seen it.
I'll admit some of the discussion does get a bit anal but you can't criticise fans just because they want to look deeper at what is going on. Strategy, stints and all the various factors are how you win an epic race like Le Mans.

Don't really get your point regarding sound. The Audi's are mighty impressive to watch from trackside - plenty of people who've seen them will attest to that. Stick to the ALMS if you like.
Old 29 Oct 2012, 20:31 (Ref:3159743)   #186
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
It seemed awkward. Though there was cheering, presumably from the Toyota crew. There was also a lot of squeaking from the flag raising.
Actually the whole flagpole fell off during the overall podium ceremony - that squeaking noise was dreadful
Old 30 Oct 2012, 01:11 (Ref:3159882)   #187
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I spent some time between Turns Six and Seven at Road Atlanta two years ago and I can tell you that the Audis were Very impressive. They would give no warning; they’d just Be There, and by the time your eyes could register them, they would almost be past.

You could hear the Peugeots a little; even though they were faster, they didn’t seem as fast because you could get ready for them. The Audis seemed to just appear in front of you without having covered the distance from the previous corner.

Impossible to photograph, but wonderful to try and watch.
Old 30 Oct 2012, 15:38 (Ref:3160179)   #188
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
...that squeaking noise was dreadful
And quite hilarious. The old stereotypical "Made in China" was the first thing that came to mind, just like when the Chinese F1 Grand Prix trophy fell apart in the hands of a winner a few years ago.