Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

View Poll Results: Pick the champions!
Audi Sport Team Joest 79 50.32%
Toyota Racing 42 26.75%
Porsche 31 19.75%
Rebellion Racing 2 1.27%
OAK Racing 1 0.64%
The other guys... 2 1.27%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

Old 1 Feb 2014, 09:11 (Ref:3362852)   #276
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They almost have it like a football season now, could start in September at COTA and have Le Mans as the final race. And maybe add Sepang on 7th December
Old 1 Feb 2014, 10:32 (Ref:3362863)   #277
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ger80 View Post
They almost have it like a football season now, could start in September at COTA and have Le Mans as the final race. And maybe add Sepang on 7th December
If nobody cares about WEC title now, having LM as the last race would diminish it even more. Winter series is an interesting idea but there must good reasons why nobody apart from A1GP has tried it.
Old 1 Feb 2014, 10:57 (Ref:3362868)   #278
ArnageWRC
Racer

UK-ROI
Nord Ouest Ingleterre
ArnageWRC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
No, in the beginning of the year. Replace Silverstone with it. Move Silverstone to August or something.
Have to agree. Silverstone in April is not a great idea, the weather can still be 'iffy' and even wintry. Move Silverstone to the August Bank holiday weekend.

The ACO need help with drawing up a calendar. You do NOT have a 3 month gap after your best, most famous event. You're failing to capitalise on the added interest; by the time 3 months have passed, your casual fan/ media have lost interest.

I also think they need to start the season earlier than late April, what about Brazil in March?
Old 1 Feb 2014, 11:01 (Ref:3362870)   #279
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Only positive thing in the break I see that if there's going to be an additional European round (2015), it's pretty obvious where it is going to be put.
Old 1 Feb 2014, 13:05 (Ref:3362885)   #280
JoestForEver
Veteran

United Kingdom
New York
JoestForEver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There's also a huge gap between Red Bull Ring and Paul Ricard of ELMS, perhaps ACO's good old habit of 3 month summer vacation?
Old 1 Feb 2014, 15:04 (Ref:3362913)   #281
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Spain is a very bad idea. I doubt that even Barcelona would attract a decent crow, no matter the number of Audi, Toyota, Porsche and Ferrari factory entries.

I think that the extra race should be Germany or Italy.
Old 1 Feb 2014, 16:02 (Ref:3362927)   #282
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What about the Red Bull Ring?

Nevermind, forgot that the ELMS is already going there.
Old 1 Feb 2014, 21:11 (Ref:3363012)   #283
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Imola or monza would be awesome. Those are pretty easy to travel to for most Europeans.
Old 1 Feb 2014, 21:15 (Ref:3363013)   #284
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Or for a different WSPC throwback, if we need an Italian round and Monza has all these noise issues... Mugello?
Old 1 Feb 2014, 22:32 (Ref:3363040)   #285
SpikerJack
Racer

Italy
SpikerJack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Or for a different WSPC throwback, if we need an Italian round and Monza has all these noise issues... Mugello?
I wonder why this sound issue is valid for every series except F1...... Mmmmmh.... Strange...
By the way last year GT open and Elms were very quiet (even the 458 gte and the c6r ) so I don't think that sound will be an issue even with the addiction of Lmp1 cars..
Old 1 Feb 2014, 22:46 (Ref:3363049)   #286
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
The rescheduling of the Sao Paulo race also opens up the possibility of an extra race in North America, Road America late August would be awesome!
Old 1 Feb 2014, 23:04 (Ref:3363054)   #287
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think that Toyota is able to do it this year, with a strong experience and the best electrical hybrid system, in my opinion.
Old 1 Feb 2014, 23:14 (Ref:3363060)   #288
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
They will definitely have a lot of power, whichever option of 'MJ' they take (I believe 6MJ or 8MJ). Will be interesting to see which route Porsche and Audi take.
Old 2 Feb 2014, 02:29 (Ref:3363108)   #289
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikerJack View Post
I wonder why this sound issue is valid for every series except F1...... Mmmmmh.... Strange...
By the way last year GT open and Elms were very quiet (even the 458 gte and the c6r ) so I don't think that sound will be an issue even with the addiction of Lmp1 cars..
Aren't these noise issues usually related to the local laws that determine how many "noisy" days (=track activity) there can be in a year, so the actual decibels are irrelevant?
Old 2 Feb 2014, 08:32 (Ref:3363151)   #290
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NelisB View Post
Imola or monza would be awesome. Those are pretty easy to travel to for most Europeans.
I'll bet on Monza.
Old 2 Feb 2014, 08:50 (Ref:3363159)   #291
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Please be Monza
Old 2 Feb 2014, 09:14 (Ref:3363168)   #292
SpikerJack
Racer

Italy
SpikerJack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Aren't these noise issues usually related to the local laws that determine how many "noisy" days (=track activity) there can be in a year, so the actual decibels are irrelevant?
Maybe for both of them. I didn't find any specific document but from what I read there is also a 70db limit for the circuit but F1 had much much more. Maybe they have some "bonus" noisy days to spend in a year (e.g. F1)..
Old 2 Feb 2014, 10:33 (Ref:3363194)   #293
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
We seem to be trying to work out what the extra track is despite there being no indication that there will be one. I agree, to be honest, that the calendar looks really strange as is but there's no chance of an extra race this year and I'd say slim for next year, it'd just whack the costs for competitors up even further.

In my dreams they'd get rid of one of the end of season rounds to accommodate a more 'classic' circuit, but none of those looks likely to go anywhere (apart from maybe COTA, but the series needs a North American round). Anyway, that's one for the 2015 thread.
Old 2 Feb 2014, 10:42 (Ref:3363196)   #294
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I think 2015 needs at least 1 more round. Porsche Audi and Toyota (TMG) are ALL located in Germany, yet theres no German track on the list? That will probably change if I were to bet on adding races, but agreed on this year staying as-is.
Old 2 Feb 2014, 10:48 (Ref:3363197)   #295
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I think 2015 needs at least 1 more round. Porsche Audi and Toyota (TMG) are ALL located in Germany, yet theres no German track on the list? That will probably change if I were to bet on adding races, but agreed on this year staying as-is.
If they will host a race in Germany in 2015, it might be Nürburgring (GP Circuit).
Old 2 Feb 2014, 10:50 (Ref:3363198)   #296
Flo aus N
Rookie

Flo aus N should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Audi and Porsche want to have a German race. But the simple fact is, that the ACO doesn't care about this
Especially if you look at Monza and Germany, these 2 rounds would be way cheaper than for example Bahrain or Shanghai for the teams, because most of the teams are located in Europe and travelling costs are one major factor in WEC.... especially for the P2 and GTE-Am teams....
Old 2 Feb 2014, 11:15 (Ref:3363210)   #297
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Yes, but Audi also want Brazil, China and the US on there, Bahrain is suspected to pay the costs of its race and I can't see them giving up Japan whilst Toyota are around.
Old 2 Feb 2014, 11:20 (Ref:3363211)   #298
Pontlieue
Racer

Pontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One problem with a german round is that the Nürburgring is currently for sale. Don't know what the problem with Hockenheim would be, though.
Old 2 Feb 2014, 11:59 (Ref:3363228)   #299
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikerJack View Post
Maybe for both of them. I didn't find any specific document but from what I read there is also a 70db limit for the circuit but F1 had much much more. Maybe they have some "bonus" noisy days to spend in a year (e.g. F1)..
How far from from the circuit/track edge that 70db? Inside the circuit any race car is going to break that limit, maybe that's the general limit for a noisy day?
Old 2 Feb 2014, 12:18 (Ref:3363237)   #300
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo aus N View Post
Audi and Porsche want to have a German race. But the simple fact is, that the ACO doesn't care about this
"Simple fact" is that you pulled that claim out of a hat.

e.g. April 2013: http://www.motorsport-total.com/wec/..._13040401.html

Quote:
Especially if you look at Monza and Germany, these 2 rounds would be way cheaper than for example Bahrain or Shanghai for the teams, because most of the teams are located in Europe and travelling costs are one major factor in WEC.... especially for the P2 and GTE-Am teams....
How did this go from "additional round" to "replacing existing rounds"? The same manufacturers you said want German round also want that Chinese round.

And Bahrain: we know it's only there because they pay well, so it is beating a dead horse, lets just hope FIA-ACO puts the money in something other than cocktail parties.