Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 20 Apr 2014, 22:07 (Ref:3395987)   #126
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Yeah ..... I got a bit confused ..... but thanks for a good watch .

Im delighted to see that the ELMS has turned into something exciting to watch .

Last edited by The Badger; 20 Apr 2014 at 22:17.
Old 21 Apr 2014, 06:11 (Ref:3396055)   #127
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Something about Team Ukraine being ahead, and because of that SMP planning to annex the pit garages.
Ok, Ok. And I was told not to mix politics and sports. Quad liced Jovi? That double standards are very funny indeed.
Old 21 Apr 2014, 08:39 (Ref:3396101)   #128
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
well back from silverstone now and for all those not there on saturday you missed a great race, plenty of good clean racing and exciting right up to the end.
Old 21 Apr 2014, 12:58 (Ref:3396198)   #129
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yep, I watched most of it on an excellent stream.
Old 21 Apr 2014, 13:45 (Ref:3396217)   #130
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
"Yep, I watched most of it on an excellent stream."

Don't want to say, "Fixed that for you," because I don't know your situation but ..

I watched it on an excellent Free, Non-Pirated, Official stream.
Old 21 Apr 2014, 14:35 (Ref:3396235)   #131
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
The stream has been excellent indeed. 720p with no hiccups at all!

And the race was good in all the classes. So refreshing after all the frustration with TUSCC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by helgi View Post
Ok, Ok. And I was told not to mix politics and sports. Quad liced Jovi? That double standards are very funny indeed.
It was an innocent joke really...

Besides it's waaay beyond politics in this case. For many it's life and death matters. And for some, like SMP, being (indirectly) funded by unsuspecting Russian population, it's also a matter of racing or not. The situation may be similar at Team Ukraine... not much hard facts on where their funding is coming from, but there's an alleged Yanukovych jr. connection.
Old 21 Apr 2014, 16:44 (Ref:3396276)   #132
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
"Yep, I watched most of it on an excellent stream."

Don't want to say, "Fixed that for you," because I don't know your situation but ..

I watched it on an excellent Free, Non-Pirated, Official stream.
So did I
Old 22 Apr 2014, 13:09 (Ref:3396693)   #133
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If anything the ELMS race was more exciting than the WEC race, especially the last half hour.

Having said that it would probably have been a stroll for Tinknell in the Jota car if not for the accident.
Old 22 Apr 2014, 13:11 (Ref:3396695)   #134
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Yes, I was worried when no news at all was coming through. It brought back some unpleasant memories.....
I felt a little like that, especially when we walked past the Jota pit and all you could see was the whole team huddled around the monitors at the very back of the garage. Very relieved to hear Simon was ok.
Old 22 Apr 2014, 14:13 (Ref:3396723)   #135
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
If you were able to watch motors tv, it was live on tv there.
Old 22 Apr 2014, 14:20 (Ref:3396732)   #136
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
I was quite close to where the incident happened, although I was looking the other way (as always).

I got onto the scene quite quickly and Simon was very still in the car which sent shivers down me. Thankfully he started moving and I could hear him speaking to the marshals. They quite rightly took their time extracting him from the car and I didn't mind at all when they hid the area from view with sheets to repel us rubber-neckers.
Old 22 Apr 2014, 14:42 (Ref:3396744)   #137
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Yeah ..... I got a bit confused ..... but thanks for a good watch .

Im delighted to see that the ELMS has turned into something exciting to watch .
it was pretty good at the end of last year too - the 3 races that shared with the world series by renault were all excellent. i think sometimes people are blinded by numbers rather than looking at the races themselves and seeing how good a story was being played out on track.

the top 3 all agreed that the traffic was particularly difficult to deal with at silverstone, citing the high speed nature of the track. after watching some of the lmp2 cars try and scythe through the slower cars it's not really a surprise to hear...!

great news to hear dolan is ok. jota seem to have some pretty rubbish luck in general - they were ridiculously quick last year too, and yet it didn't really come together for them in the middle part of the season. at least there's a decent gap before imola to sort the car out.
Old 23 Apr 2014, 04:21 (Ref:3397045)   #138
GT-Eins
Veteran

Germany
Hannover, Germany
GT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We added in our report-page some LMP2-data from the ELMS to allow analysing the race:
http://www.gt-eins.de/Berichte2014/w...al=Statistiken

Old 23 Apr 2014, 13:21 (Ref:3397210)   #139
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It appears that the Morgan has slightly faster top end speed, especially with the Judd in the back. Didn't expect to see that given Nissan's popularity.
Old 23 Apr 2014, 13:48 (Ref:3397239)   #140
GT-Eins
Veteran

Germany
Hannover, Germany
GT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Morgan-Nissan of TDS was even faster, but I think the main learning from the Charts is that the fastest teams in Silverstone (eg. Race-Perf. Jota, Murphy) weren´t the ones with the highest Top-speed, which supposes that a high downforce-setup was more helpful in the traffic.
The exception was TDS, which won, but had difficulties in overtaking the slower (in means of Topspeed) Race-performance-car. It needed Gommedy and a mishap in the traffic for the swiss Oreca to do so.
Old 28 Apr 2014, 05:45 (Ref:3399052)   #141
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/lemans...7644357354912/

Sorry , bit late ELMS Pics are uploaded
Old 28 Apr 2014, 10:39 (Ref:3399141)   #142
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Koenigsegg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
It appears that the Morgan has slightly faster top end speed, especially with the Judd in the back. Didn't expect to see that given Nissan's popularity.
Not a surprise to me that the Judd engined cars have a higher top speed. Judd engined cars also had a higher top speed at Le Mans last year.
Old 28 Apr 2014, 11:19 (Ref:3399148)   #143
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
does anyone have any thoughts about the michelin tyres? granted, signatech alpine lost a day at ricard to get to grips with them (no pun intended) but the other 2 cars weren't exactly on it either.
Old 28 Apr 2014, 11:33 (Ref:3399151)   #144
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koenigsegg View Post
Not a surprise to me that the Judd engined cars have a higher top speed. Judd engined cars also had a higher top speed at Le Mans last year.
The Judd and Honda engine both have more power at high rpm.
The Nissan engine has a nice torque distribution over a wider rpm range, so it's a lot more forgiving if you get the corner wrong, so preferred by Am drivers...
Old 30 Apr 2014, 03:54 (Ref:3399889)   #145
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Awesome race 4 hours flew by.
Tell me about it! It did at the circuit and it did last Sunday too when I sat down to watch it on TV. I was so engrossed in it all over again that although I had initially intended to watch maybe an hour of it before going off to do something else, I ended up watching the lot in one sitting.

Last edited by cg7aa; 30 Apr 2014 at 03:59.
Old 30 Apr 2014, 03:55 (Ref:3399890)   #146
cg7aa
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemansfan View Post
https://www.flickr.com/photos/lemans...7644357354912/

Sorry , bit late ELMS Pics are uploaded
Better late than never! Thanks for sharing. I love the vivid colours in your shots. Keep up the good work.
Old 30 Apr 2014, 03:59 (Ref:3399891)   #147
cg7aa
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I for one I'm very happy to see Judd properly back in the game, some of the best sounds I ever heard from Le Mans when I was going religiously from 2002 to 2012 were from Judd engines!
Old 30 Apr 2014, 04:05 (Ref:3399893)   #148
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-Eins View Post
We added in our report-page some LMP2-data from the ELMS to allow analysing the race:
http://www.gt-eins.de/Berichte2014/w...al=Statistiken

No offense, but for future graphs can you flip the values on the axis? Really strange seeing the higher top speeds on the left...
Old 30 Apr 2014, 13:18 (Ref:3400008)   #149
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg7aa View Post
Better late than never! Thanks for sharing. I love the vivid colours in your shots. Keep up the good work.
Thank you , I will try my best