Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 19 Apr 2014, 17:44 (Ref:3395143)   #101
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
That bit of commentary about the Team Ukraine and SMP Ferrari in GTC was absolutely brilliant.
And team Ukraine beats team smp in class
Old 19 Apr 2014, 17:54 (Ref:3395147)   #102
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Fantastic race!
The 2014 ELMS season is going to be great.
Old 19 Apr 2014, 17:58 (Ref:3395150)   #103
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That was an awesome race
Old 19 Apr 2014, 18:42 (Ref:3395168)   #104
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Hindy on Twitter: https://twitter.com/specutainment/st...89492787187712

Quote:
Midweek Motorsport ‏@specutainment 2m
From Elms. Simon Dolan checked and released from medical centre.
Phew. Best bit of news today from Silverstone.
Old 19 Apr 2014, 18:46 (Ref:3395172)   #105
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Indeed so Victor - good news
Old 19 Apr 2014, 18:58 (Ref:3395179)   #106
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Although I don't like this new incarnation of Silverstone the race was stunning! And, frankly, the stream has been flawless in 720p for me.
The 4h format works really well too. Good decision.

Quote:
That bit of commentary about the Team Ukraine and SMP Ferrari in GTC was absolutely brilliant.
I missed that. What was it about in a nutshell?
Old 19 Apr 2014, 19:03 (Ref:3395180)   #107
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
Something about Team Ukraine being ahead, and because of that SMP planning to annex the pit garages.
Old 19 Apr 2014, 19:11 (Ref:3395182)   #108
Gil Abobeleira
Veteran

Gil Abobeleira should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Something about Team Ukraine being ahead, and because of that SMP planning to annex the pit garages.
Old 19 Apr 2014, 19:23 (Ref:3395191)   #109
nasdriv87
Veteran

Brazil
Brazil
nasdriv87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Old 19 Apr 2014, 19:35 (Ref:3395198)   #110
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Good to see the news about Simon Dolan.
Old 19 Apr 2014, 19:44 (Ref:3395201)   #111
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

+1
Old 19 Apr 2014, 19:46 (Ref:3395202)   #112
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
And then ignore penalties saying they don't even have a car in the race))
Old 19 Apr 2014, 19:48 (Ref:3395203)   #113
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That was a fantastic race!

Great run by Chris Dyson, Tom Kimber-Smith and Matt McMurray.

The Zytek wreck was scary, really thankful no one got hurt.
Huge testament to how well the P2's are designed in regards to safety, tub and crash structure really did their job!
Old 19 Apr 2014, 20:13 (Ref:3395219)   #114
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I walked the Hangar Straight about half an hour before Dolan's accident, and I was thinking with my inner circuit designer that those concrete walls along the fastest part of the circuit looked like a rather nasty thing to hit.

I am thoroughly relieved to hear he's okay. I was extremely worried. The commentators were talking about everything else in a manner they only do when they have concern for a driver. It wasn't nice to hear the team ask RLM if they knew anything.

Great to see all the safety features do their job.
Old 19 Apr 2014, 21:03 (Ref:3395244)   #115
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, I was worried when no news at all was coming through. It brought back some unpleasant memories.....
Old 19 Apr 2014, 21:08 (Ref:3395245)   #116
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Same here, I immediately thought back to other events when seeing the replay of the accident. Thankfully the chassis and the crash structures took the brunt of the impact (as they're supposed to do), and we can talk now about a driver who'll be really sore and bruised tomorrow morning, but should be back in action at Imola next month.
Old 19 Apr 2014, 21:33 (Ref:3395259)   #117
outnumbered
Racer

United Kingdom
Reading
outnumbered should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Enjoyed this a lot at Silverstone today, despite freezing my nuts off for hours until the sun came out. More clothes and hats tomorrow !

Class battles were sometimes hard to follow with no position lights and the commentary tending to talk about driver names rather than car numbers.

Good to see Dolan is OK, I don't blame the Ferrari at all, it's the prototypes job to make a safe pass, and the Ferrari was on his normal line.
Old 19 Apr 2014, 21:38 (Ref:3395261)   #118
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

Really great to hear!
That was a very scary wreck.
Old 19 Apr 2014, 23:15 (Ref:3395297)   #119
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Having run the Half Marathon around Silverstone a few weeks ago, I managed to convince my wife to watch some of the race to spot places we'd recognise. It brought back some great memories and actually the racing was good too.

From my Half Marathon memories would suggest you don't walk barefoot in the kitty litter by the old start/finish line nor under the trees near Becketts. I think other runners found the WCs busy.

Anyway.....
Old 20 Apr 2014, 03:09 (Ref:3395319)   #120
rwindle
Rookie

United States
Dallas, Texas
rwindle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
An excellent start to the ELMS season.

The streaming video on the website was excellent ... had to refresh once during the 3 hours and 45 minutes I watched the race on a MacBook ... had Live Timing and Scoring up on a Windows laptop and that worked great the entire event. Kudos to ELMS.

Good to hear that Simon Dolan is only bruised and sore.

Regarding the 5 race season comment ... some ELMS teams will also race Le Mans and that equals six regular season races.
Old 20 Apr 2014, 03:30 (Ref:3395321)   #121
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post

"Team Ukraine is in the lead, but the Russian Ferrari is looking to annex that territory within the next 8 minutes."
Old 20 Apr 2014, 09:55 (Ref:3395454)   #122
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not sure if it's already been covered - but do the people trackside think the race was a lot louder than last year? Seems like they turned the sound back up in the ELMS and it was awesome. 458s that sounded like a wet fart last year sounded monstrous again.
Old 20 Apr 2014, 10:10 (Ref:3395465)   #123
SpikerJack
Racer

Italy
SpikerJack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wasn't at silverstone yesterday but Blancpain at monza last week was a lot louder than 2013 in my opinion.
Old 20 Apr 2014, 15:00 (Ref:3395718)   #124
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
"Team Ukraine is in the lead, but the Russian Ferrari is looking to annex that territory within the next 8 minutes."
Ha haa .......

Any free streams up ?
Old 20 Apr 2014, 15:09 (Ref:3395727)   #125
Ginaro Zukovsky
Racer

Ginaro Zukovsky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ELMS was yesterday - I presume you mean a replay of the race?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAnOeDoobII
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhqTNpbRKDA