Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

View Poll Results: Which track will be added to the 2016 WEC calendar?
Montreal 10 16.13%
Mexico City 9 14.52%
Monza 23 37.10%
Interlagos 14 22.58%
Other, .... [please name] 6 9.68%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 18 Aug 2015, 17:18 (Ref:3566717)   #1
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
2016 WEC Discussion

2016 calendar to be released at the next round at CotA:

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/2...eased-at-cota/

I'm expecting 9 races next season instead of 8 this year, with all current races (more than) likely to reappear. Which one will be added?
Old 18 Aug 2015, 17:25 (Ref:3566720)   #2
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
I would love to see Silverstone, COTA and Bahrain replaced with Monza, Montreal and Interlagos, but I suspect we'll see the same 8 again with no changes until 2017.

Can you edit the thread title to put WEC in please?
Old 18 Aug 2015, 17:25 (Ref:3566721)   #3
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Wishful answer: Montreal.

Realistic answer: Interlagos.
Old 18 Aug 2015, 17:26 (Ref:3566723)   #4
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
A mod needs to do that because of the restriction of this board.
Old 18 Aug 2015, 17:30 (Ref:3566729)   #5
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Probably wishful thinking, at least for 2016, but...

Road America, of course!
Old 18 Aug 2015, 17:55 (Ref:3566739)   #6
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I voted for Mexico City. Not because I want the WEC to race there, but because F1 is going to race there, and WEC seems to only want to follow their lead....

I alsochanged the title.
Old 18 Aug 2015, 18:00 (Ref:3566743)   #7
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
AFAIUI Interlagos was planned to return next season?
Hmm, WEC article says "could return".
Still voted for it, because I think that's the deal they have and if the paddock stuff is done, they'll return...
Old 18 Aug 2015, 18:10 (Ref:3566749)   #8
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I think Monza or Interlagos will appear, if not both, with every race currently run going forward.
Old 18 Aug 2015, 18:31 (Ref:3566757)   #9
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Thanks Joeb.
Old 18 Aug 2015, 18:34 (Ref:3566758)   #10
lms
Veteran

lms should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
roadatlantasebring
Old 18 Aug 2015, 18:34 (Ref:3566759)   #11
Coach Ep
Veteran

Voted Mexico City myself, fits in nicely with CotA combo, maybe 2 or 3 weeks prior to Lone Star Le Mans. It'll be a hot one..!
Old 18 Aug 2015, 18:38 (Ref:3566760)   #12
Coach Ep
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
I would love to see Silverstone, COTA and Bahrain replaced with Monza, Montreal and Interlagos, but I suspect we'll see the same 8 again with no changes until 2017.

Remarkable that a Brit wants his 'home' event being replaced by one in another country (although England is abroad for any Welshmen ).

I'm sure you'd prefer Brands or even Donington over a venue (even as historical as Monza) on the mainland.
Old 18 Aug 2015, 19:12 (Ref:3566768)   #13
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Remarkable that a Brit wants his 'home' event being replaced by one in another country (although England is abroad for any Welshmen ).

I'm sure you'd prefer Brands or even Donington over a venue (even as historical as Monza) on the mainland.
Haha, I'm British before anything else.

Regarding seeing an event in my homeland... I'm not so sure. My first preference would be to have the correct venues and races I'd want to go see; that's more important to me than their proximity to me personally.

Don't get me wrong, I'm blessed to live somewhere many international calendars visit, and close to a major Ryanair airport, but believe me that the WEC round at 'new' Silverstone isn't in the top 10 of my "things to do" when I choose them early in the year (Sportscars racing and rallying are my things). I've avoided the place completely this year, even the BES round.

I live nowhere near Brands and north of both Donington and Oulton, but it's genuinely more convenient for me to get to Spa, Monza, Nurburgring or Catalunya than Brands Hatch (If I drive to Brands, I'm over half way to Le Mans anyway!). Personally, I'd rather do Spa 24 and Nurburgring 24 in a year than 4 events at Silverstone in a year, and I can do the N24 total trip for cheaper than I could do the British GP.

But back to the main point, no, I'd rather see the series at the right venues than my local ones. I don't have much interest in championships, I just watch races that interest me, so if I don't want to watch it in the first place, I won't go to it anywhere in the world. If it's somewhere I like, I can save up and aspire to do it once.

Ideally for me, the season would be Sebring, Monza, Spa, Le Mans, Nurburgring, Interlagos, Road Atlanta and Fuji and be done with it, but that's not the world we live in, as Mr Neveu has made abundantly clear.
Old 18 Aug 2015, 19:13 (Ref:3566769)   #14
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Every single venue in UK is better than (post 2009) Silverstone. Maggots-Beggets section is still good but that doesn't save it.
Old 18 Aug 2015, 19:41 (Ref:3566777)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Works for me. But then I only go to Silverstone and Le Mans and the event is as much about touching base with my Le Mans pals as anything else. I thoroughly enjoyed my three days there this year. (I'd prefer it at some time other than April though..... ).
Old 18 Aug 2015, 19:52 (Ref:3566779)   #16
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Every single venue in UK is better than (post 2009) Silverstone. Maggots-Beggets section is still good but that doesn't save it.
I see your Silverstone and raise you a Rockingham!
Old 18 Aug 2015, 20:08 (Ref:3566781)   #17
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, this years race at Silverstone (apart from the awful shortcutting + laughable Audi penalty for doing the same as everybody else all the time) was amazing and one of the best in years. So even tracks I hate might produce something good. But I still wish you had something else.

As for the April weather, Tourist Trophy 2008 had the best view ever - the cowards today wouldn't even race on this

Old 18 Aug 2015, 20:23 (Ref:3566782)   #18
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I see your Silverstone and raise you a Rockingham!
Well... the roval is tolerable
Old 18 Aug 2015, 21:13 (Ref:3566790)   #19
Hingo
Racer

Australia
Canberra
Hingo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If they are unable to go to Monza, I'd love to see Imola on the calendar.
Old 18 Aug 2015, 21:19 (Ref:3566792)   #20
Deleted
Veteran

The question is why they dropped it in the first place after the solo ILMC showup. Looks quite good today after F1's decade long absence.

But it's surely just gonna be Monza with the first chicane irritating the Germans, and asphaltpolica blinding everyones eyes in the sunshine.
Old 18 Aug 2015, 21:56 (Ref:3566805)   #21
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
The question is why they dropped it in the first place after the solo ILMC showup. Looks quite good today after F1's decade long absence.

But it's surely just gonna be Monza with the first chicane irritating the Germans, and asphaltpolica blinding everyones eyes in the sunshine.
Can count on you remind us of runoff at every track Id prefer Imola over Monza, but Monza would see some LM package use.
Old 18 Aug 2015, 22:53 (Ref:3566816)   #22
Deleted
Veteran

Just to clarify I'd still prefer Monza over every current WEC track, except Le Mans (and maybe Ring)
Old 18 Aug 2015, 23:34 (Ref:3566826)   #23
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
I went with Monza. The Brazilian economy is a complete mess at the moment, which makes — or should make — Interlagos much less likely right now.

From Bloomberg:

Quote:
…inflation is above the central bank’s target and unemployment is at a five-year high. Moody’s Investors Service said in a report Monday the economy will contract about 2 percent in 2015. Brazil’s real is the worst-performing major currency in the world this year.
Old 18 Aug 2015, 23:40 (Ref:3566828)   #24
Deleted
Veteran

Also the alleged issues with Fittipaldi's people which were prob the real reason for fleeing in the first place.
Old 19 Aug 2015, 02:21 (Ref:3566855)   #25
pach233
Veteran

United States
Greenville, SC
pach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If they can add a 9th race at a half decent track and close up the gap between Le Mans and the first post Le Mans race I'll take it as a solid improvement.