Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

View Poll Results: #1 LMP1 Team Fandom of your choice?
Porsche Team 15 19.48%
Audi Sport Team Joest 18 23.38%
Toyota Racing 19 24.68%
Rebellion Racing 8 10.39%
ByKolles Racing Team 3 3.90%
*No strict favorite for me* 14 18.18%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Old 1 May 2016, 16:18 (Ref:3637560)   #51
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm feeling a bit simple. I just watch because I enjoy it. I support a team because I like them.
Old 1 May 2016, 16:41 (Ref:3637568)   #52
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
For the same reasons people become attached to teams/individuals of any sporting discipline - a sense of belonging or an attachment to a manufacturer from a significant event, be it within or outside motorsport. The only facet that doesn't translate particularly well is the locality of the teams, seeing as the manufacturers are global, corporate behemoths.

While you and I choose not to ascribe these feelings to any team I don't think it's hard to see why others do, especially for those who actively ignore the more popular team (i.e. ball) sports for chasing $£€s at the expense of the culture and fans.

At least it keeps the Audi/Porsche/Toyota threads ticking over nicely!
I see that, but I unless you do have a deep connection with these brands for whatever reason, I can't imagine how you'd get so attached to one brand over any of the others. It's not like major manufacturers represent a community.*

What I was getting at was fans who would rather their team completely blitz the rest of the field than see an exciting race. Or the "trash talking" of other teams - when the teams don't even do that themselves.

*but small teams can, like Pescarolo. They're sorely missed.
Old 1 May 2016, 16:43 (Ref:3637569)   #53
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, far better to "trash talk" an entire series
Old 1 May 2016, 16:45 (Ref:3637570)   #54
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Yes, far better to "trash talk" an entire series
We never do that! That's something F1 fans would do and that's why we're infinitely better than them.
Old 1 May 2016, 16:46 (Ref:3637572)   #55
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Old 1 May 2016, 17:02 (Ref:3637574)   #56
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Out of the current LMP1 teams, for me it's Toyota, Porsche and then Audi.

My two favourite brands are Ferrari (which I admit I am a big fanboy of) and Porsche, but for some reason I can't feel that attached to the 919 (livery?).

But I must say that I always found Japanese LMP designs to be pretty stunning (The Minolta Toyota in Gran Turismo, all the TS0X0 cars, the various Nissan prototypes and the Mazda 787B). So I'm currently rooting for Toyota, moreso because they have been far from victory lane for too long.

But most of all, I am looking forward to a 3 way battle for the lead, which hasn't really materialized as of yet.
Old 1 May 2016, 17:19 (Ref:3637575)   #57
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
We never do that! That's something F1 fans would do and that's why we're infinitely better than them.
totally agree but i still have that soft spot for Rebellion and whatever result they achieve, just hoping they get a good result at Spa
Old 1 May 2016, 17:34 (Ref:3637579)   #58
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
I don't find this particularly funny. The cliche argument that the most of the sportscar fans would think themselves as more pure and objective people than F1 fans in the first place is flawed.

I don't understand the need to bring up this F1 vs sportscars (WEC) topic again anyway.
Old 1 May 2016, 17:53 (Ref:3637583)   #59
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
I'm quietly confident that G4J wasn't being entirely serious with that comment.

Back on topic - yes, global manufacturers don't really represent communities (I actually typed this in my first reply).

Slightly off topic again - unlike the WEC F1 is a driver-centric series, so like every other high-level single seater series - and you can include MotoGP/WSB in there as well - it's easier to get attached to a single driver. Living things tend to make for better vessels of affection than inanimate objects, however technologically advanced they are.

Last edited by J Jay; 1 May 2016 at 18:00.
Old 1 May 2016, 17:55 (Ref:3637586)   #60
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
A couple of sarcasm meters need recalibrating it seems...
What? Of course it was crystal clear sarcasm, and my comment reflects on that.
Old 1 May 2016, 18:31 (Ref:3637597)   #61
Artur
Veteran

Artur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
The cliche argument that the most of the sportscar fans would think themselves as more pure and objective people than F1 fans in the first place is flawed.
We know very different F1 fans, then.

Most F1 fans that I know either approve or don't mind the tyre farce and DRS, or any other artificiality, that goes on there. Even more people like SC to come up on "boring" races to "spice things up"

On average, I think sportscar fans are far more against gimmicks than F1 ones.

/offtopic

As for the "trash talking" subject, at least around here, I think the typical behaviour is quite gentleman like. I usually see people praising Audi, or Porsche, for their recent achievements and I can't even remember really low level trash talk around here.
Old 1 May 2016, 18:56 (Ref:3637610)   #62
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd love the running order to be:
Audi
Toyota
Porsche
Rebellion
ByKolles/Lotus/WhatEverWeWantToCallItNowBecauseItDoesn'tMatter,We'reVeryUncompetitveAnyway
Old 2 May 2016, 02:00 (Ref:3637717)   #63
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I'd have to pluck for Porsche, closely followed by Toyota. Historical reasons - and the fact that absence makes the heart grow fonder.
Old 2 May 2016, 04:26 (Ref:3637729)   #64
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Porsche, there is no substitute.

Old 2 May 2016, 07:50 (Ref:3637759)   #65
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
According to the data so far, the real elitists are Kolles fans.
I should badge myself to distinguish from you commoners ;P
Old 2 May 2016, 08:44 (Ref:3637768)   #66
Deleted
Veteran

Truly, the Kolles fans, ie fans of the underground and all things niche, are the real cool kids in town.
Old 2 May 2016, 16:07 (Ref:3637876)   #67
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Nissan.
Old 2 May 2016, 16:11 (Ref:3637880)   #68
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Audi! The four rings! I must watch "Truth in 24" another 24 times in a row!

Black smoke? What black smoke?