Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 21 Jan 2004, 16:51 (Ref:845601)   #76
Hauptmann6
Rookie

Hauptmann6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by gttouring
....the windsor is a pushrod and the DOHC engine's size and geometry make it too big and too top heavy for a prototype"
you mean a DOHC Winsdor type?
No the DOHC Modular engine.
Old 21 Jan 2004, 17:05 (Ref:845611)   #77
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Waco Racer
I believe that the Olive Garden car won the pole for that Silverstone race. Wasn't that a round of the ELMS?
You're absolutely correct - It ran very well indeed but had a throttle cable snap - tragic!!

The Silverstone race was a predecessor of the ELMS and a truly wonderful event
Old 21 Jan 2004, 18:14 (Ref:845699)   #78
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Silverstone 2000: the Olive Garden car sat on the pole (1:37.030), set the fastest lap of the race (1:39.748) and finished 12th overall. Source: ALMS archives.
Old 21 Jan 2004, 18:24 (Ref:845707)   #79
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
How did they do in the rest of the ALMS season that year????

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 21 Jan 2004, 18:46 (Ref:845726)   #80
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I found the archive...

Olive Garden was 3rd at Charlotte in 2000, and a Lola B2K/10 was 2nd at Adelaide....

I would say that these results would move my consideration of the chassis up as a possible option on a "Shoestring," but I still think I'd lean toward the R&S MkIIIC based on recent head-to-Head comparisions...

Although there are probably more of the Lolas around than there are R&S MkIIIC's....that would factor into it as well...

Concerning the last "new" Lola B2K/10B that we'll see in LMES sometime after Monza per Graham's post:

I agree that a new chassis would not ba a worn and weary "road warrior," but the cost would have to be much higher than a used chassis and you're buying a car that has had some upgrades, but would still be a questionable "new" choice when compared to another, possibly more competitive chassis for similar $$$$...

Money is money....if the new one would cost a lot more than the used one, or more than let's say, the Dallaras that RollCentre bought, I'd buy the Dallaras...they have more potential for a beter price....

Even if the costs were about he same for the new Lola B2K/10 and the Dallara...I think I'd still buy the Dallara....or for that matter, the American Spirit R&S that AutoCon bought for that "Great deal" price....with aero upgrades already....

I just think that the potential is better with the latter two than with the Lola B2K/10...

Of course, I have no idea how much Lola sold that "new" chassis for, so it is all speculation...

But if Intersport's price for that used Lola would be in the range of some of the cars I listed in the "Shoestring" thread...$200,000 and under....Sure....I think it would be well worth a shot for a price like that....and the upgrade kits like they worked out for Taurus Sports last year would be money well-spent as well....up to the price of $200,000...the price that the American Spirit R&S was listed for last fall....

Old 21 Jan 2004, 18:46 (Ref:845728)   #81
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
ALMS archives lists them as 4th in the team championship for 2000. Top finishes were 3rd at Charlotte, 7th at Portland and 4th at Vegas. It doesn't appear that they repeated their Silverstone qualifying performance anywhere else. Mostly qualified in the 5th to 8th position range with one 3rd place qualifying I believe. Although I looked at this all very quickly. Why did they not run at the Nurburgring after Silverstone?

One side note. A Lola B2K10 with Ford power finished second in Adelaide that year.
Old 21 Jan 2004, 18:50 (Ref:845735)   #82
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Thanks for the additional results, jhansen...

I'm sorry for taking this thread off on a new track, but this raises some interesting issues for me, and for us in this "way too long" off-season chat...

But on the other hand, I started this thread...so why not....

Old 21 Jan 2004, 18:51 (Ref:845737)   #83
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
I think if someone could get their hands on the Doran Dallara that would be a great car for the coming year. I wonder how much that car could be had for with the Judd motor? If it was reasonable it would work perfectly with your "shoestring" concept. A quick car that has proved itself in the past and with the Judd power would go well with the ALMS sprint dominated schedule.
Old 21 Jan 2004, 18:58 (Ref:845750)   #84
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
The 5.0 Liter like Doran ran in it....

Absolutely...if the car is for sale...I've read on this forum that they would not sell it....

why???

I don't know....

Old 21 Jan 2004, 23:13 (Ref:846065)   #85
Vman
Rookie

Vman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Graham Goodwin
The difference is though that the Intersport cars have had a hard racing life and the factory car is unraced
I understand that, but when you have 2 teams interested in 1 car, someone is going to come away empty handed. I think we would all rather see the addition of 1 new and 1 used B2k/10 racing this year than just 1 new one. Lets hope we see both teams on the grid.
Old 21 Jan 2004, 23:23 (Ref:846074)   #86
The Treester
Racer

The Treester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Man, I miss looking at the Dallara!
Sweet looking car!
Old 22 Jan 2004, 14:10 (Ref:846847)   #87
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Supposedly, RollCentre has plans to enter Sebring...so you'll see them there when you are working in the paddock...

THose were the ORECA chassis from LM two years ago...they have a better and newer aero package than the Doran/Lista Dallara had...

Old 22 Jan 2004, 14:27 (Ref:846862)   #88
The Treester
Racer

The Treester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Northcutt
Supposedly, RollCentre has plans to enter Sebring...so you'll see them there when you are working in the paddock...

THose were the ORECA chassis from LM two years ago...they have a better and newer aero package than the Doran/Lista Dallara had...

Can't wait!
Old 27 Jan 2004, 08:16 (Ref:851939)   #89
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
They have just confirmed the driver line up for that car for their season , Sebring , LMES and LeMans which are Short-Barbosa-Barff . Should be a flyer !!!