Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 27 Apr 2004, 14:05 (Ref:953563)   #26
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Notice the 2003-spec wing.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 27 Apr 2004, 14:17 (Ref:953572)   #27
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
vandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridvandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
I think you could ask at the "Welcome" office for press officers... but I'm not sure...

Fab I can confirm this. I took a couple with me last Saturday!
Old 27 Apr 2004, 17:10 (Ref:953729)   #28
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Check the other thread where this is mentioned - if no-one comes up with the answer, I'll probably spill the beans tomorrow.
Old 27 Apr 2004, 19:46 (Ref:953857)   #29
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
I know the answer ...................................!!!!!

But seeing Ayse's wants to play games, I'll stay stoom too.
Old 27 Apr 2004, 22:15 (Ref:953940)   #30
Mags
Veteran

Mags should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
I looked for them when I was there last year and never saw one. Where can a person get an actual poster like that?
FORGET IT. We don't need ANY MORE RACING STUFF.

Mags.
"I have a tendency to let my mind wander a bit during some of the yellow flag conditions; I look around, check out people in the stands, things like that" Darren Law - Lizard Extrordinaire and he's gonna be GT Leader and Brumos Porsche driver!
Old 28 Apr 2004, 07:40 (Ref:954233)   #31
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve Tarrant
I know the answer ...................................!!!!!

But seeing Ayse's wants to play games, I'll stay stoom too.

Well you ought to know it Steve.......
Old 28 Apr 2004, 09:08 (Ref:954333)   #32
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
...... that I do.

Just noticed the official Le Mans website now has the race weekend picture available for downloading as an 800x600 jpeg file. It looks good as my wallpaper now!!!!
Old 28 Apr 2004, 12:30 (Ref:954567)   #33
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I've just heard from John Newman at Audi Sport UK Team Veloqx that there is no real secret at all about the numbering etc etc.

As has been guessed correctly already, the number 8 is supposed to be lucky as far as the Chinese are concerned, so 88, I guess is double lucky!

The reason the cars don't carry their race numbers is clearly largely superstition, in that cars depicted on the official posters have a habit of not winning the race!

Audi Sport UK asked the ACO if they could have 8 and 88 and although the 88 perhaps seemed unlikely, they got it nevertheless.
Old 28 Apr 2004, 13:01 (Ref:954619)   #34
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
...The reason the cars don't carry their race numbers is clearly largely superstition, in that cars depicted on the official posters have a habit of not winning the race! ...
they just had not to ask to be on the posters
Old 29 Apr 2004, 07:17 (Ref:955394)   #35
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Ah yes, but having your cars on the posters (albeit with fictitious numbers) still remains a great publicity coup......
Old 29 Apr 2004, 12:51 (Ref:955717)   #36
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Keep watching this thread if you fancy getting hold of a copy of the Test Day poster - more to follow........
Old 29 Apr 2004, 14:15 (Ref:955803)   #37
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
teasing, always teasing ...
Old 29 Apr 2004, 17:50 (Ref:955936)   #38
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Keep watching this thread if you fancy getting hold of a copy of the Test Day poster - more to follow........
BTW, I was surprised how it was easy this year to get copies of the official posters from the main welcome

Attached Thumbnails
posters.jpg  
Old 29 Apr 2004, 18:24 (Ref:955960)   #39
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
The way the cars are displayed is even stranger on the race one than on the PQs poster... :confused:

Notice that the real "Le Mans touch" is given by the Dunlop bridge...
Old 29 Apr 2004, 18:29 (Ref:955966)   #40
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I guess its not difficult if you're there, but for those who can't get there, keep watching this space...... Sorry to tease, but I need an answer to a question first......

Last edited by Aysedasi; 29 Apr 2004 at 18:36.
Old 30 Apr 2004, 00:01 (Ref:956263)   #41
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I never saw any posters at the actual Pre-Q. Not even on display.

Mag, we are getting a bigger apartment and will have lots of room for more racing stuff!
Old 30 Apr 2004, 05:15 (Ref:956375)   #42
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
I never saw any posters at the actual Pre-Q. Not even on display.

Mag, we are getting a bigger apartment and will have lots of room for more racing stuff!
Liz, I have one 2004' PQs poster in my car : I'll keep it for you, if you can't succeed to have it by the Journalists' Welcome...
Old 1 May 2004, 01:10 (Ref:957505)   #43
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yay! Fab, you are a prince!