Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 26 Mar 2006, 22:31 (Ref:1561675)   #26
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i prefer something that makes noise .. :lol:
a chainsaw

Ciao Marco
Old 26 Mar 2006, 22:55 (Ref:1561688)   #27
Flat12-Aircool
Veteran

United Kingdom
Stoke-on-Trent (The Potteries)
Flat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFlat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Enough of this Greenie bashing, what going to happen next?

Will it go to Imola, or are we looking at a circuit in a totally different country perhaps somewhere like Barcelona!
Old 26 Mar 2006, 23:08 (Ref:1561698)   #28
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It'll stay at Monza.
Old 26 Mar 2006, 23:17 (Ref:1561709)   #29
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxy mole
Don't give up hope just yet. According to Autosport.com the local Mayor has reached an agreement with the circuit on behalf of the residents. Click here for those who have access to that site.

If you want to sign the petition, just in case, go here. Enough of it is in English to be able to follow what you have to do.

the agreement should be infinite supply of ear plugs

Ciao Marco
Old 26 Mar 2006, 23:30 (Ref:1561715)   #30
gsmith2424
Veteran

United States
Maiden, North Carolina
gsmith2424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pink69
I say we all go round to these peoples houses and use our "powers of persuasion"
Anyone got any mofia connections?
Old 27 Mar 2006, 01:29 (Ref:1561809)   #31
Flat12-Aircool
Veteran

United Kingdom
Flat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFlat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
It'll stay at Monza.
And that opinion is based on what exactly?
Old 27 Mar 2006, 06:40 (Ref:1561964)   #32
Nick49
Racer

England
Hampshire, UK
Nick49 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello

IMO the Italians seem to have a good history of coming to "an agreement" over issues like this and no doubt an announcement will be forth coming to such an effect. Some sort of trade off probably.

Nick
Old 27 Mar 2006, 08:24 (Ref:1562046)   #33
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat12-Aircool
And that opinion is based on what exactly?
That this disagreement happens every few of years (last being 2001 and there are similar issues every now and again concerning trees). It was only a temporary ban by the Italian court. It was over the details of the agreement between locals and the track.

The locals never wanted to stop racing altogether. The argument was over whether the circuit was restricted to 75 or 60 days testing and racing each year. The circuit rejected the original proposal from the locals and the court stepped in to force the hand. That is not to say there isn't anything to be worried about.

So, as the locals aren't actually trying to stop racing there, I think, in my opinion, that it'll stay at Monza.

It was said in a short manner to enable it to emphasise that everyone will get in a tizzy (including myself), but it'll be alright in the end because, simply, it'll stay at Monza.

Do you disagree, or agree? And why?
Old 27 Mar 2006, 08:53 (Ref:1562077)   #34
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Let me give you the story according to the LMS organisers and DSC:

The LMS race at Monza is definitely, definitely off............(DSC)

Race has been cancelled because "the ecologists have got the better of Monza".........(LMS statement)

The LMS organisers are expecting to announce a replacement event by the time the series gets to Istanbul. (DSC)

I'd be very surprised to see the Monza race go ahead (in 2006 anyway).
Old 27 Mar 2006, 09:01 (Ref:1562084)   #35
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Thanks Bentley03.

Is there any chance that LMS are looking for an excuse to miss Monza (can't think why) and have a replacement? As there is a decent chance they could race there. Unless I am missing something in the agreement. For instance I have seen nothing of a two noisey race limit? Cheers.
Old 27 Mar 2006, 09:33 (Ref:1562113)   #36
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As I read in Italian magazine AutoSprint the legal cause was initiated by a family that moved there a few years ago (knowing they were moving next to a busy race track)...and has moved away since!!!! These people areonly looking for some money, now the Judge in charge of the cause sentenced something like "car races are damaging and unnecessary...." blah blah triggering the "greenie" profile of the matter. I hope they settle it, otherwise we need another venue...
Old 27 Mar 2006, 09:44 (Ref:1562125)   #37
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by brielga
now the Judge in charge of the cause sentenced something like "car races are damaging and unnecessary...."
A magistrate in Milan said that Motorsport is a "socially-useless activity". Probably true, but we are in danger of creating an extremely boring world here.
Old 27 Mar 2006, 11:31 (Ref:1562224)   #38
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Has anyone pointed out that LMP racing is at the forefront of alternative fuel technology?
Old 27 Mar 2006, 12:11 (Ref:1562269)   #39
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There's obviously more to the Monza cancellation, the threat to the circuit is more to about personal agenda's and $$$$.

It will be sorted, as these things always are. For a start, do you really believe the Italian government could allow the F1 GP to be cancelled without guaranteeing being voted out of office?

These green issue's will crop up increasingly in the next gew years, which is precisely why the ACO are impossing noise limitsd (which will become strictor over the years) and encouraging alternative fuels.

If 911 RSR's and Marcos can be quietened to the low levels needed to compete in the Britcar 24hrs at Silverstone, anything is possible.
Old 27 Mar 2006, 12:36 (Ref:1562306)   #40
hgb
Racer

hgb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is just ridiculous... It's about time for a petition.
Old 27 Mar 2006, 13:19 (Ref:1562338)   #41
Flat12-Aircool
Veteran

United Kingdom
It appears to me that the understanding the circuit and the Mayor have come to is that Monza keeps F1 & WTCC and everything else go's.

There is no more room for an agreement as I see it, its just plain OFF, OFF, OFF!

So I go back to my initial point of what happens next, as I'm now reading reports that an alternative venue will be announced during the first round of the championship in Istanbul.
Old 27 Mar 2006, 14:48 (Ref:1562379)   #42
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
Ask a bunch of people "do we need motorsport" and they'll say no. Most people vote no even if it is nothing to do with them. Fox hunting, smoking, horse racing, motor racing, etc... All minority activities are continuously threatened by the majority. Get ready to just sit in your white walled box drinking water and watching football.
i agree with what you say, what does motorsport do so wrong?, i went to a football match one time but it was between the local club and another small club and the noise a few people was generating was stupid!!, not just that all football is is full of chav's and lout's that are deep down rude, iggnorant and violent people and the fans are just as bad!, football fans are horrible people (most of them are anyway) they shout abuse at one another, start fighting with each other over nothing and it results in the police being called in to control the situation and people are killed and injured often because the fans cant control their feelings, football is crap in my opinion and as jonathon Ross once famously said "the reason why civilised people dont like football is because its a sport for common people" he may have been joking around but about 90% of what he said was true and motorsport is being called to loud and noisy, and yet nothing is said about 300,000 violent and vicious louts ina football stadium screaming at one another

thank you and good night
Old 27 Mar 2006, 15:33 (Ref:1562405)   #43
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Oooh....strong emotive post there

Your view of football may be clouded as you admit you believe "football is crap." I don't know of a football stadium that contains 300000 louts as you say.....remember not everyone is drunk louts either, there's children and people there too.

Back to the actual issue, motorsport doesn't do anything "wrong" but it's like anything - you can never win. There will always be people that move close to a circuit and know full well it's there, and then start kicking up about noise etc.
Old 27 Mar 2006, 17:57 (Ref:1562532)   #44
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I guess the difference with football is that you can't hear the crowd from 2 miles away...
Old 27 Mar 2006, 18:13 (Ref:1562546)   #45
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob
I guess the difference with football is that you can't hear the crowd from 2 miles away...
I don't agree with that...depends on how the wind is
Old 27 Mar 2006, 18:24 (Ref:1562554)   #46
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
italiens dont go to the stadion so much anymore, dont they? think it looks like if you watch primera division in tv. same story at some ucl games
Old 27 Mar 2006, 18:29 (Ref:1562556)   #47
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Wind .....thats what them greenies are full off !!!

If they can do this at Monza ..... they can do it any place they like .

This has set a precedent , no question about that in my mind .
Old 27 Mar 2006, 19:21 (Ref:1562588)   #48
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Wind .....thats what them greenies are full off !!!

If they can do this at Monza ..... they can do it any place they like .

This has set a precedent , no question about that in my mind .
The Monza problem has been ongoing for many years, it will be sorted in time, but the ACO cannot wait, for this year at least.

Monza is a local issue, seems to me there are issues going on behind the scenes.
Old 27 Mar 2006, 20:11 (Ref:1562639)   #49
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns16585.html

Seems the F1 race could well have been saved - now why can't they reach an agreement for LMS too...
Old 27 Mar 2006, 21:25 (Ref:1562729)   #50
Flat12-Aircool
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob
http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns16585.html

Seems the F1 race could well have been saved - now why can't they reach an agreement for LMS too...
Because the LMS event was the "sacrificial lamb".