Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 29 Mar 2006, 23:32 (Ref:1564624)   #101
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat12-Aircool
First of all I'm not sure that people who moan about the noise from circuits should really be categorised as "Greenies", they're just plain and simple Miserable gits.

Secondly I think people shouldn't write Istanbul off just yet as a venue for LMS. Yes it's a bit far away for some but don't forget it's still a very new venue and should be given time to develop some support from the potential fan base in that part of the world. Let's reserve judgment until after this years race, because providing they've fixed some of those traffic conjestion problems I would expect more to attend than last year.

And IMO it's a pretty good circuit, certainly the best of all the Tilke efforts so far.
Istanbuls a great drivers circuit but even DTM, with many thousands of free tickets, only attracted one man and his dog.

Let's see if the locals will support any none F1 race's this year.
Old 30 Mar 2006, 05:36 (Ref:1564837)   #102
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
If the ACO struggle to find a venue they do of course have the fallback position of the Buggatti circuit where LMS all started over two years ago.
Old 30 Mar 2006, 06:08 (Ref:1564868)   #103
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
Well the choise is between people coming or people not, as mentioned above. Frankly they'd be stupid to cancel the Sportscar race for F1 whatever we may think.

Ferrari started racing single seaters first (Alfas). He priniciply made racing cars, whatever that may be. However overall he wanted to win GP. The Sportscar team often played second fiddle to the GP team in terms of drivers. Do well in Sporstcar and you might get a GP drive. Although it was not as clear cut as it was now and frequently the GP season would only get going after Le Mans. I suspect Enzo would chose the GP. Or at least the race he could win! He may be annoyed at the overall situation though.

And, off topic and irrelevantly, all my favourite Ferraris are Sportscars.
I was led to beleive that Monza were asked to drop the noiseist races ?

With respect to part 2 of my question , i stand corrected . Cheers
Old 30 Mar 2006, 07:48 (Ref:1564916)   #104
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
I was led to beleive that Monza were asked to drop the noiseist races ?
From this thread, I haven't seen it anywhere 'official', I get the impression they are only allow two noisey meetings. With noise complaints it is normally the number of or period of high noise that is the complaint, not the absolute level. As we are considering the noise pollution not the safety levels. Which is why the agreements are always concerning number of days or number of events rather than simply the absolute noise.

As for point 2, it is only my opinion
Old 30 Mar 2006, 10:56 (Ref:1565060)   #105
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal
If the ACO struggle to find a venue they do of course have the fallback position of the Buggatti circuit where LMS all started over two years ago.
I believe that the pit lane area will be under construction to expand it (the grandstands, garages, etc.) to accommodate 55 competitors for 2007, so the LM Bugatti circuit might not be available to them this autumn.

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 6 Apr 2006, 02:25 (Ref:1571873)   #106
GT-Eins
Veteran

Germany
Hannover, Germany
GT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
I....

Spa can pull in the crowds with decent weather, Nurburgring, given time, and promotion from Audi, Porsche etc. also deserves a round.

Can't say the for Monza or Istanbul.
Regarding Nürburgring I agree - it is the event with the largest tradition:
1st run 1953 (53 years ago)
since then 36 Races (in 1000km-Format)
from 1956-84 there were 28 races in a row - if you count also the 750km-race in 74 and the disrupted race in 1981 (due to the fatal accident of Herbert Müller)

Monza (24 such races) & Spa (20) have similar tradition
Istanbul is new