Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 31 Mar 2006, 13:57 (Ref:1566127)   #1
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
LMS Rnd1: Istanbul 7-9 Apr 2006

The entry list is out for the Lms at Istanbul at LMSR.net .

I thought Bouchet had signed to drive the B racing Lambo . He is entered in the IMSA Racing 911 instead . Did I miss something ?

Nakano and Kurosawa are entered in the factory Courages .

Horag is missing !!!
Old 31 Mar 2006, 14:03 (Ref:1566128)   #2
Dauer 962
Veteran

Dauer 962 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
I thought Bouchet had signed to drive the B racing Lambo . He is entered in the IMSA Racing 911 instead . Did I miss something ?
He signed there for FIA GT, not for LMS. And to make confusion perfect, for Le Mans he signed for Cirtek.
Old 31 Mar 2006, 14:21 (Ref:1566146)   #3
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
ENTRY LIST

TIMETABLE

Live timing should be available on the the LMS website.
Old 31 Mar 2006, 15:00 (Ref:1566163)   #4
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
An interesting list on the LMS site, which I often found a bit hit and miss last year. A couple (well, three) of bits that sprang out were
- No Minassian in the Creation
- No Binnie Lola Zytek
- A lot of TBAs which I thought were done and dusted - e.g. Yoong in the Dome

Otherwise it's a small but potentially quite interesting grid. I'd imagine things should get a bit more substantive by Spa.
Old 31 Mar 2006, 15:19 (Ref:1566173)   #5
almzkid
Rookie

almzkid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Small? Try going to Mosport every year and seeing mid 20's entrants and then get back to me. The LMS draws more for its season opener then the ALMS does for its big show (Sebring), we should be so lucky as to have "small and interesting" grids like yours
Old 31 Mar 2006, 15:25 (Ref:1566179)   #6
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge
- No Minassian in the Creation
Nic is due to race in Istanbul. He will concentrate on setup and qualifying. They'll want him in the car for every round to give him a realistic chance of winning the drivers championship.
Old 31 Mar 2006, 15:53 (Ref:1566195)   #7
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by almzkid
Small? Try going to Mosport every year and seeing mid 20's entrants and then get back to me. The LMS draws more for its season opener then the ALMS does for its big show (Sebring), we should be so lucky as to have "small and interesting" grids like yours
Point taken - and please don't think I'm complaining too loudly.

The main thrust is that the grid is small, in particular in LMP1, compared to what might be in the offing come May or so. Realistically we can add the second Creation, a Zytek, the ProTran, the GroupBIO, and possibly an R10 after Le Mans - to say nothing of the mythical Lavaggi.

Equally in LMP2 we should see the arrival of the 2nd Rollcentre and the works Radical - both of which will be welcome sights - if for no other reason than seeing what a Bruichladdich livery looks like!
Old 31 Mar 2006, 16:12 (Ref:1566206)   #8
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just out of curiousity, how likley is it that we will see a second factory Zytek and a second Rollcentre entry now that both were left off the Le Mans entry list?
Old 31 Mar 2006, 16:13 (Ref:1566207)   #9
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Guess it's better to have a 'small' grid at Istanbul rather than the more interesting events at Spa, UK, Germany.
Old 31 Mar 2006, 16:22 (Ref:1566216)   #10
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen
Just out of curiousity, how likley is it that we will see a second factory Zytek and a second Rollcentre entry now that both were left off the Le Mans entry list?
The second Rollcentre car is a definite. Zytek, not sure but personally I'd now be surprised to see the second car built.
Old 31 Mar 2006, 16:43 (Ref:1566238)   #11
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Depends how much of the hybrid will be carried over to the new LMP1.
Old 1 Apr 2006, 20:40 (Ref:1567140)   #12
jross427
Racer

jross427 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oreca?
Old 2 Apr 2006, 11:11 (Ref:1567742)   #13
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Horag is gone very quite lately and No Binnie Lola , i thought they were delighted with their new engine and had committed to a full Lms calander ?

I reckon you place Gounon in a works Courage , im looking for ward to seeing how that will do , Mugen versus Judd , should be exciting .

Surprised that there no mentioned drivers for the PSI C5R yet !
Old 2 Apr 2006, 13:55 (Ref:1567904)   #14
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
.......im looking for ward to seeing how that will do , Mugen versus Judd , should be exciting .
You're right, the Mugen vs Judd battle should be very interesting. The Mugen deal with Courage is for three years. I reckon Mugen will be very pleased to see a Judd engined LC70 racing against them as a gauge to their progress.
Old 2 Apr 2006, 20:48 (Ref:1568445)   #15
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have the feeling that the entry list isn't really up to date with regards to drivers.

We have had solid indications of a number of driver lineups (Yoong joining Lammers, Nic for Creation, etc.) that aren't on that list.

The absence of the Binnie Lola, Horag Lola, Kruse Courage etc. is surprising and sad. 9 LMP2s is a lame-duck number after last season, though it would be exceptional here in NA!
Old 3 Apr 2006, 14:50 (Ref:1569115)   #16
Nick49
Racer

England
Hampshire, UK
Nick49 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello,

This is probably the wrong thread to put this post on but I see MOTORS TV are only showing highlights of the LMS Istanbul round on Sunday evening. Mind you it is 3 hours so not too bad I suppose. Does this mean there will be no live coverage of the championship this year or have I just missed the news of it?

Nick
Old 3 Apr 2006, 15:01 (Ref:1569127)   #17
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick49
Hello,

This is probably the wrong thread to put this post on but I see MOTORS TV are only showing highlights of the LMS Istanbul round on Sunday evening. Mind you it is 3 hours so not too bad I suppose. Does this mean there will be no live coverage of the championship this year or have I just missed the news of it?

Nick
There was a fair degree of wailing about this on Infoscourse a while ago. I think the basic thrust of it - and the particular issue with the Istanbul round is that it coincides with BTCC and DTM rounds, and as such having six hours of coverage would be tricky.

While it is disappointing it's considerably better than nothing. That said, given that I think there's an almost 100% level of overlap between the LMS and the BTCC this year it could be that Motors is going to have difficulty covering everything it wants to.
Old 3 Apr 2006, 15:43 (Ref:1569153)   #18
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i was about to comment on the fact that there was no live coverage on motors TV of the istanbul 1000km but a 3 hour highlight programme is good enough for me and this means i can watch DTM by day and LMES by night
Old 4 Apr 2006, 17:44 (Ref:1570690)   #19
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj choc ice
i was about to comment on the fact that there was no live coverage on motors TV of the istanbul 1000km but a 3 hour highlight programme is good enough for me and this means i can watch DTM by day and LMES by night
collosion with long beach gp
Old 4 Apr 2006, 18:05 (Ref:1570703)   #20
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I challenge anybody to find a way to show every motor race between April and September live and in full with no clashes!
It is a shame, but we do still get 3 hours (and the highlight show in the week is still 2 hours).
Old 4 Apr 2006, 18:09 (Ref:1570709)   #21
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hey, better than what we get over here! At best it's a ONE hour highlight show that is aired weeks (months) after the fact. Thank you Speed...

Old 6 Apr 2006, 19:48 (Ref:1572542)   #22
The Badger
Veteran

Im really looking forward to seeing how Johnny Kane goes in that Spyker , now I got 2 reasons to cheer for that car . Hope it leads to some more of that !!!
Old 6 Apr 2006, 19:48 (Ref:1572543)   #23
The Badger
Veteran

When are they showing the highlights on Motors TV ?
Old 6 Apr 2006, 19:56 (Ref:1572548)   #24
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
When are they showing the highlights on Motors TV ?
According to the MotorsTV website coverage in the UK is from 20:00 to 23:00 on Sunday (but they don't always stick to the schedule, so beware!).
Old 6 Apr 2006, 22:13 (Ref:1572642)   #25
The Badger
Veteran

The works Courage has a great line up , Nakano-Kurosawa-Gounon . Thats should be a quick car if it holds together . Hope so !!!

Anyone know why their second entry was withdrawn ?