Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 20 May 2004, 19:58 (Ref:976940)   #1
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"Clearly, Davidson deserves consideration." - Head

Autosport

Junqueira and Davidson at Williams next year?
Old 20 May 2004, 20:14 (Ref:976953)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I agree, but I doubt we'll see him at Williams next year. Positive words from Head helps his case.

The best quote is from AD himself "I would really love to be driving here for the rest of the weekend". Proper bloke, who loves motor racing. Good luck to him.
Old 20 May 2004, 20:20 (Ref:976958)   #3
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
yeap . he does ..so does all the drivers on the grid . exept Baumgartner

Ciao Marco
Old 20 May 2004, 20:29 (Ref:976972)   #4
Raven
Veteran

England
You're probably right Adam, too good to be true eh.
Old 20 May 2004, 20:30 (Ref:976973)   #5
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ant must be busy he hasn't answered any of my messages today! Oh well I enjoyed following his progress on the F1 data live...then watched practice on the German DFS channel.

It was kinda of wierd watching him going around this track which throws up so many images of the great drivers we have seen over the years there.

I hadn't seen that Head comment, so thanks.

Funny isn't it I was having to text lap times and positions to 2 differant friends there who were lucky to be there spectating.
Old 20 May 2004, 20:30 (Ref:976974)   #6
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Give the kid a seat I say........he's clearly something special.

I thought he was solid in his two Minardi races but didn't think him anything special.

I'm happy to have been proved very wrong!
Old 20 May 2004, 20:41 (Ref:976990)   #7
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks knowlesy...seems funny to me that people judged those two Minardi outtings...which seemed like the right thing to do at the time...but in hindsight were a mistake!

I just wish people saw some of his amazing race drives in his karting years and in cars...especially that pole and win in F3 at PAU in 2001...he just left everybody behind and had never seen the place before.

Was marshall Steve Green the only one of you who witnessed his race long defence of his lead at the 2000 FFFestival?
Old 20 May 2004, 20:48 (Ref:976998)   #8
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, I mean I had been impressed by him in F3, but others have been impressive in that category and not progressed much further......hence I judged him on his Minardi drives. The thing about F1 is, no matter what you may have achieved in the feeder categories and what have you, you can be soon forgotten if you have a couple of retirements....so I was worried for Ant. Luckily the test roles the drivers can get nowadays are very much in the limelight and he can confirm his talent in full view of the powerful people in the sport!
Old 20 May 2004, 21:08 (Ref:977025)   #9
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
On the American feed both David Hobbes and Steve Matchett expressed that Davidson and Zonta should be receiving serious consideration for race seats at Williams and Toyota.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 20 May 2004, 21:09 (Ref:977027)   #10
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think two young guys in the two Williams' is a bit too much to hope for, due to their lack of experience. But maybe one of them, I think.
Old 20 May 2004, 21:12 (Ref:977032)   #11
grumpy1
Veteran

grumpy1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Word has it that Davo is being looked at for a starting drive next year but until my informer confirms this I will keep the team to myself.Its not just Patrick Head he is impressing though.

The Grumpy1

Last edited by grumpy1; 20 May 2004 at 21:13.
Old 20 May 2004, 21:43 (Ref:977063)   #12
esorniloc
Veteran

esorniloc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: "Clearly, Davidson deserves consideration." - Head

Quote:
Originally posted by Raven
Junqueira and Davidson at Williams next year?
Why Bruno Junqueira? He came so close to a drive there in 2000, but unfortunately he lost out then.
Old 20 May 2004, 22:07 (Ref:977092)   #13
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1
Word has it that Davo is being looked at for a starting drive next year but until my informer confirms this I will keep the team to myself.
I hope its not Jaguar for his sake. he is flourishing at BAR because they have the resources and the correct attitude to go racing.
Old 20 May 2004, 22:18 (Ref:977100)   #14
Raven
Veteran

England
Re: Re: "Clearly, Davidson deserves consideration." - Head

Quote:
Originally posted by esorniloc
Why Bruno Junqueira? He came so close to a drive there in 2000, but unfortunately he lost out then.
Frank said when Montoya leaves, he wants a driver with as much talent to replace him. Therefore by the powers of deduction, it must only mean that the immortal Bruno Junqueira will be taking over the reigns at Williams, returning them to the halcyon days of the 90s.
Old 20 May 2004, 22:33 (Ref:977109)   #15
esorniloc
Veteran

Re: Re: Re: "Clearly, Davidson deserves consideration." - Head

Quote:
Originally posted by Raven
Frank said when Montoya leaves, he wants a driver with as much talent to replace him. Therefore by the powers of deduction, it must only mean that the immortal Bruno Junqueira will be taking over the reigns at Williams, returning them to the halcyon days of the 90s.
I wanted BJ to get the drive at Williams for 2000 (remember he had a test-off with Button - BJ was quicker I think!), but I don't think he'll come back to F1 now. Anyway his goal at the moment has to be to win the Indy 500.
Old 20 May 2004, 23:34 (Ref:977152)   #16
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Well lets just hope 'whoever' they have imagination...Ant has been exclusively driving F1 cars now for nearly 3 years, and rarely if ever has had the chance to 'show off' at a test with the benefit of low fuel and new tyres as many other drivers of more influence get to do.

See www.BARf1.com "Exclusive interview with Dave Richards"
Old 21 May 2004, 06:01 (Ref:977289)   #17
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I won't mind seeing Webber and Anthony in the Williams...it would make for a very quick and well balanced line-up.
Old 21 May 2004, 07:07 (Ref:977315)   #18
Led ZeppF1
Veteran

Indonesia
Jakarta, Indonesia
Led ZeppF1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Re: "Clearly, Davidson deserves consideration." - Head

Well, actually Head not that impressed with AD. He said, their test drivers, Marc Gene and Antonio Pizzonia, when they're testing they produce lap times to the exact same level and sometimes quicker than the two race drivers.

"So it's actually quite difficult to take somebody out of a testing position and ask 'are they going to perform well in a racing position?".

http://www.grandprix.com/race/r719fripc.html
Old 21 May 2004, 07:19 (Ref:977326)   #19
esorniloc
Veteran

Gene did OK, when he replaced Ralf at Monza last year.
Old 21 May 2004, 07:24 (Ref:977329)   #20
esorniloc
Veteran

Gene did OK, when he replaced Ralf at Monza last year.
Old 21 May 2004, 08:25 (Ref:977378)   #21
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surely Davidson is doing very well; of course it has to be considered that, not having to save the engine fot the race, 3rd drivers can push it to the limits, differently from others.
Nonetheless, I repeat, he's doing an excellent job, as it is showed by the fact that he's being consistently fast on every kinda track, some of them surely unknown to him.
Old 21 May 2004, 08:26 (Ref:977380)   #22
skyblue
Racer

United Kingdom
Oxford
skyblue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Davidson awesome at Monaco Friday

Just had the privilege of watching Davidson for two hours yesterday in the BAR....awesome!

Schumacher had to seriously work hard to beat his time, although when he did it was 4/10ths. But in the meantime Schumy had to push so hard that he made mistakes on 3 of the 5 laps he had to pip Anthony.

What was very impressive about AD was that he ran pretty much a race distance and his times were extremely consistent, he missed nothing and was only at the mercy of fuel load and tyres.

Some other observations from swimming poll complex:

Honda are Back...big time, that engine sounds like a rotax
Ralf and DC are over
The Jordans are simply dangerous, rear end snap on every downchange.
BMW motor overfuels and burns it in exhaust on every lift
The Jags look like a crash waiting to happen on every corner

AND NOW THE "REAL DRIVER" TEST
Drivers who 'rolled in' to Rascasse;
Ralf
DC
Klein
Pantano
Heidfeld
Barrichello
Sato
All Minardis
Panis
DaMatta
Trulli

Drivers who turned in on the brakes
M Schum
Monty
Raikk
Zonta
Button
Davidson
Fisi
Alonso
Old 21 May 2004, 08:28 (Ref:977384)   #23
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting info skyblue, many thanx!
Old 21 May 2004, 09:10 (Ref:977435)   #24
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And don't forget it was Davidson's first ever time at Monaco.
Old 21 May 2004, 11:36 (Ref:977580)   #25
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When AD drove the two races he did I made the point that he would have done better to finish the races. I was not knocking his abilities but instead stating the obvious. In some ways he is better off now. People are seeing that he is talented and does not need to buy a drive. I wonder how things would be if he was in Sato's seat? After all, Sato does well but JB is leaving him behind. Experience is on JB's side but still...

On the political side of things, would BAR Honda want two British drivers?

DR said about Ant
Quote:
...on only his first visit to Monaco, was clearly the star of the day.
. This coming from a man that is so high on Button is IMO a big deal.

Yes, I hope he gets a drive. BAR will have lost a talent if they let him go but I dont think anyone would give up a decent race seat to be a test driver.

Ant has been nothing short of impressive all year. The team has had nothing but good things to say about him. JB and Sato admit that their pace on race day and in qualifying has a lot to do with Ants consistency and feedback.