Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 8 Apr 2003, 14:38 (Ref:562851)   #1
speedstar1000
Rookie

speedstar1000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will Davison

What's with all this bashing of Davison?
Surely the guy is allowed to have one bad race weekend without being written off! Hell, he was miles quicker than Speed (I still can't get over that surname!) and looked like he faught hard to pass somany cars in race two. I counted 6 or 7 on the first lap. NOt bad!!
Just wait as the rounds go by - I think you've written a very determined young dude off a tad early. Look at what he did in Renaults last year -0 4th in title in first year out of Oz, first Motaworld car and 2nd rookie behind Hamilton. The guy's got it.
Yeah I'm an Aussie and I';m biased but why sook about the British drivers not getting a push from PR people and the like as someone did in another thread? Poms have this thing about sooking at everything instead of doing the one thing they should be doing - getting on with it!! There's nothing stopping the Pommy drivers from getting some media relations stuff going on!
Davison for a podium finish during 2003. Any other takers?
Old 8 Apr 2003, 15:36 (Ref:562892)   #2
Extra Rib
Rookie

Extra Rib should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey Speedstar don't write all us Pom's off the same way. I followed Will last year and found him very personable. In any conversations I never found him up himself like some British arrogant drivers can be. I hope Will has his best year of racing yet.
Old 8 Apr 2003, 18:29 (Ref:563050)   #3
Gabrielle
Rookie

Gabrielle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Will was just having a shaky start, and will be back on form very soon. It must have been a nerve-wracking weekend for everyone involved, and once the first weekend dust has settled Will should be in the top ten, if not top five, and definitely on the podium at some point!!
Old 8 Apr 2003, 20:02 (Ref:563147)   #4
LP11
Rookie

LP11 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
couldnt agree more will has definetley got what it takes, give the guy a break.

One thing i have noticed already about this forum there are alot of knockers.

get a life guys!
Old 8 Apr 2003, 20:38 (Ref:563218)   #5
Francesca
Veteran

Ajman
Hampshire
Francesca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Will Davison

Quote:
Originally posted by speedstar1000
...Speed (I still can't get over that surname!)
I bet Autosport can't wait for him to get on the podium so they can think up a cheesey headline!

Quote:
Originally posted by LP11
...One thing i have noticed already about this forum there are alot of knockers.
Um, do ya wanna re-phrase that before Mr Jinx sees it!!!

Old 8 Apr 2003, 21:41 (Ref:563330)   #6
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Extra Rib
Hey Speedstar don't write all us Pom's off the same way. I hope Will has his best year of racing yet.
totally agree there !
Old 9 Apr 2003, 10:51 (Ref:563780)   #7
LP11
Rookie

It doesnt worry me who sees it mate its a fact
Old 9 Apr 2003, 11:51 (Ref:563827)   #8
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
chill out rarry...... your supposed to be retired old man

go will - tough weekend, that happens....
Old 9 Apr 2003, 11:59 (Ref:563839)   #9
LP11
Rookie

hey gomick larry's the name dude, get it right ya young buck.

GO GET EM DAVO!
Old 9 Apr 2003, 21:35 (Ref:564531)   #10
Mr Jinxx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Isle of Man
Mr Jinxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mr Jinxx was definitely going to comment on that one ... got beaten to it
Sit in a chair, lift your right leg off the ground, point your toes forward and draw CLOCKWISE circles in the air with your foot. Then raise your right hand and draw the number 6 in the air with your index finger. Your foot will change direction. If you can't even do this simple coordination task, how could you drive a racing car?
Old 9 Apr 2003, 23:36 (Ref:564641)   #11
Paul Rayner
Veteran

Paul Rayner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Will Davison

Quote:
first Motaworld car and 2nd rookie behind Hamilton.
Don't forget Jamie Green's achievement! He was also a rookie, and beat Hamilton. 2nd, 3rd and 4th were all rookies.

Quote:
Davison for a podium finish during 2003. Any other takers?
I'll take you up on that. Davison seemed a quick guy, and pretty consistent, in 2002. I never saw him be blindingly quick, but he did have a very good debut year in Britain, and put in some good performances, especially at Croft (missing out on pole by just 0.005 seconds).

After last year I'd be disappointed if Will doesn't at least make it to the third step of the podium, and could be a challenger next year. On top of that, I hope he does well, he seems like a bloody nice bloke.
Old 10 Apr 2003, 15:03 (Ref:565179)   #12
racingdick
Veteran

racingdick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
whatever you guys say bout him, he's got a nice looking motor
Attached Thumbnails
will.jpg  
Old 10 Apr 2003, 19:32 (Ref:565446)   #13
racingdick
Veteran

racingdick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
a few days in pembrey to sort the handling problems out this week.
surely though coming in to the pits in race is gonna loose you more time than just attempting to drive round the problem in Speeds case
Old 11 Apr 2003, 07:21 (Ref:565912)   #14
c.o.p.
Rookie

c.o.p. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On the technical side. How do you go from contender in testing one week earlier to mid pack in a week? I don't think Will drove slower. Is ADR out to lunch? Was last year a result of a slimmer field? Why no latest update kit for the car? What are they doing, saving money? I think they have a full budget. Do they? Someone please explain...
Old 11 Apr 2003, 07:49 (Ref:565929)   #15
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i was going to point out he was less that rapid at the weekend.... mind you, how long did it take will to get quick in formula renault?
Old 11 Apr 2003, 16:02 (Ref:566467)   #16
Mr Jinxx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Isle of Man
Mr Jinxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It took him some time in F Renault. For the first few months he was consistently the slowest. But to his eternal credit, he didn't go off into a monster sulk, as I would have done, but kept (externally) cheerful, and got onto the pace.
Sit in a chair, lift your right leg off the ground, point your toes forward and draw CLOCKWISE circles in the air with your foot. Then raise your right hand and draw the number 6 in the air with your index finger. Your foot will change direction. If you can't even do this simple coordination task, how could you drive a racing car?
Old 13 Apr 2003, 08:58 (Ref:567928)   #17
radracing
Rookie

radracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hear ADR believe they have got to the bottom of the handling problems that plagued them at Donington. It appears the refernce point they use (or used) for setting the front ride height has been moving, which started following a big 'off' over the first chicane at Rockingham on March 11 and has been getting progessively worse ever since. It seems the front of the car has been running far too low, upsetting the whole balance and probably accentuated by the slippery conditions at Donington

The problem was only discovered after the team returned from two days testing at Pembrey during the week. Although I understand Will was right on the money with the Carlin boys on his first visit to the circuit. Should be interesting to see how things go at Snetterton next weekend.