Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 10 Oct 2003, 17:25 (Ref:746545)   #1
slicktoast
Veteran

slicktoast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Go Sato!!

Happy to see Sato P11-Q1. Fastest of the Hondas & Toyotas.
Hope he can keep it all together for Q2 and the race.
Old 10 Oct 2003, 18:06 (Ref:746585)   #2
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
yeah great job!!
Old 10 Oct 2003, 19:35 (Ref:746643)   #3
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yer.......Im with you all the way here !...BTW , i also hope Jenson does really well too !

Last edited by Sato san; 10 Oct 2003 at 19:37.
Old 10 Oct 2003, 20:11 (Ref:746675)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Sato san
yer.......Im with you all the way here !...BTW , i also hope Jenson does really well too !
you just don't get it do you? If you like one driver, you must hate the rest. tut tut and I thought you were an F1 fan.

Sorry.

He is going well and it is good to see. Irrespective of how he got there (which is no different to most of the other drivers to be fair).

Good stuff can't wait to see him through the quick ones...
Old 10 Oct 2003, 21:39 (Ref:746733)   #5
BARrouette
Racer

BARrouette should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sato in a bar = wont win... sato in a renault i bet you he is faster than Alonso...but will he go trought the demollition derby?
Old 10 Oct 2003, 21:50 (Ref:746745)   #6
high contrast
Retired
Racer

high contrast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Go Honda!
Old 11 Oct 2003, 03:38 (Ref:746938)   #7
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OMG!! A pro Sato thread and pro Honda too to boot!! Can this be?

Great job Sato now lets keep it togehter in the race!!
Old 11 Oct 2003, 03:42 (Ref:746939)   #8
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sato's done a great job so far, it'll be interesting to see if he can keep it going for the rest of the weekend.
Old 11 Oct 2003, 05:36 (Ref:746955)   #9
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
you just don't get it do you? If you like one driver, you must hate the rest. tut tut and I thought you were an F1 fan.
damm ...i forgot !...all the others are rubbish ...lol...thats better .

Last edited by Sato san; 11 Oct 2003 at 05:37.
Old 11 Oct 2003, 09:15 (Ref:747045)   #10
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well he went...................................... backwards!!! LOL.

He's not too far off the pace of Button so it bodes well for a bit of rivalry tomorrow. Both made errors on their laps but Sato's just looked ragged all the way round.
Old 11 Oct 2003, 09:28 (Ref:747056)   #11
Bobie
Racer

Bobie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lets be realistic here, Sato did well and beat Button on Friday for the following reasons otherwise on another cicuit it would have been different.

1. He could drive Suzaka blindfolded and do well (look at last year with Jordan)

2. He was last to go out so the track conditions were in his favour.

3. BAR would have worked all hours to ensure he did well and the set up was just rigth for him
Old 11 Oct 2003, 09:35 (Ref:747061)   #12
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
BTW. I'm not criticisng him (although I always enjoy a dig at Sato San). He's got into the car at a GP and put it just about where it should be relative to his team's top driver. Actually its about where the previous encumbent could be expected to put it.
Old 11 Oct 2003, 09:36 (Ref:747062)   #13
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think most teams do this for their drivers all the time. If not then why not. Why would a team be able to up their work a little harder and make a (big) difference - just shows they aren't working hard enough at hte other events.

Generally the tracks do improve through a session, but IMHO this happens most at the very begining rather than at the end. Does it explain the whole difference.

He was great at Suzuka last year, but that is a good thing. Also he didn't spend his early career punding around Suzuka he was in Europe.
Old 11 Oct 2003, 09:44 (Ref:747067)   #14
Bobie
Racer

Bobie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The team would put in the extra effort as they have a certain engine called Honda who needs impressing.
Old 11 Oct 2003, 10:06 (Ref:747075)   #15
NiceGuyEddie
Veteran

NiceGuyEddie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Like Adam, I think there's no such thing as 'extra' effort.

Sato's car was heavily oversteering through the Esses, but perhaps he likes it that way. I for one Im thrilled to see him back. Now lets hope he can keep this sort of driving up at every track.
Old 11 Oct 2003, 10:07 (Ref:747076)   #16
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally posted by Bobie
The team would put in the extra effort as they have a certain engine called Honda who needs impressing.
So they'll be pleased with Toyota then.
Old 11 Oct 2003, 18:42 (Ref:747471)   #17
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
I have to say though ...that even if Sato had a car with no Front wing , he could still make it oversteer !

...I really enjoyed watching his qualifing lap today ...more of the same next year please !....his 2nd sector was up on Button too ...not bad at all i think .

Also Adam is right ..Up until last year , Taku 's knowledge of Suzuka was very limited indeed. He completed in the Suzuka race school back in 96 ( i think ) but that was on the shortest circuit ....after that he moved to Europe and never went back to race until last year .

Last edited by Sato san; 11 Oct 2003 at 18:45.
Old 11 Oct 2003, 19:10 (Ref:747479)   #18
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
Quote:
Originally posted by Bobie
Lets be realistic here, Sato did well and beat Button on Friday for the following reasons otherwise on another cicuit it would have been different.

1. He could drive Suzaka blindfolded and do well (look at last year with Jordan)

2. He was last to go out so the track conditions were in his favour.

3. BAR would have worked all hours to ensure he did well and the set up was just rigth for him
Wrong on every point!

Last edited by neilap; 11 Oct 2003 at 19:10.
Old 11 Oct 2003, 19:28 (Ref:747486)   #19
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I just hope Sato retires on lap 1 so we can actually watch the other 19 cars in the race.
Old 11 Oct 2003, 20:32 (Ref:747545)   #20
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Yoong Montoya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by The Monster
I just hope Sato retires on lap 1 so we can actually watch the other 19 cars in the race.

Well, last year he was the only driver worth watching. And even if he does DNF early, it'll be all Toyota...
Old 11 Oct 2003, 20:40 (Ref:747555)   #21
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Have to say that in Free Practice in the early hours of this morning ......Sato had oversteer through the new 130R and just like last year he kept his foot flat and applied oppersite lock at about 160MPH......

Now , call me old fashioned ...but id say that was worth watching ...hehehehe

i do know what you mean .the Japanese director will probally be a bit biased !

Last edited by Sato san; 11 Oct 2003 at 20:41.
Old 11 Oct 2003, 23:09 (Ref:747664)   #22
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
It is fun. No doubt about it but it is also slooow. Still we'll see later if he can raise a smile.
Old 12 Oct 2003, 07:01 (Ref:747833)   #23
x_dt
Veteran

England
Manchester, UK
x_dt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
6th place - excellent result for starters.
Old 12 Oct 2003, 07:10 (Ref:747841)   #24
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
I hope this will curb some of the garbage being said about the man. He was much more composed this time around. Great race for BAR Honda on a whole. Again, like I predicted Toy were there to block, not to race.

Enough of that though. Its really a shame that BAR have not been able to race like this the whole year because of many different senarios. Congrats to MS (for the title) and to BAR for securing 5th.
Old 12 Oct 2003, 07:48 (Ref:747881)   #25
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally posted by neilap
I hope this will curb some of the garbage being said about the man.
Toatlly agree !

but i expect certain members will now find excuses to put down the very good drive Takuma put in today....

Taku handled the pressure he was being put under all throughout the race ...and wasnt moved by having the world champion behind him at all...

Excellent race Taku !

Last edited by Sato san; 12 Oct 2003 at 07:50.