Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 1 May 2021, 18:57 (Ref:4049070)   #151
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The tank is as it was when the car was a Rebellion. The BoP was only set recently. They probably wouldn't even have known it was going to be smaller than permitted.
Old 1 May 2021, 18:58 (Ref:4049071)   #152
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The race was better to follow than I expected. Good race for the brand new Toyota, congratulations to Philippe Sinault's team and to the crew of the Oreca-Gibson #36.
I liked the confirmation of the United team and Estré-Jani.
Old 1 May 2021, 19:05 (Ref:4049074)   #153
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
The tank is as it was when the car was a Rebellion. The BoP was only set recently. They probably wouldn't even have known it was going to be smaller than permitted.
I guess. I'm surprised if it caught them completely off guard. ?????

Would love to know if they have plans to sort.
Old 1 May 2021, 19:09 (Ref:4049076)   #154
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, just finished watching the full 6 hours (I started a bit late....). I really enjoyed that. Some great racing all over the place. As might have been predicted, Toyota won, but a much closer affair than we've had for quite a while. I bet Rebellion wish they hadn't thrown in the towel....
Old 1 May 2021, 20:12 (Ref:4049080)   #155
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
New rules, status quo remains, although it’s good to know it was tougher for them than previous seasons. And yes I too would have loved to see how Rebellion would have done
Old 1 May 2021, 20:20 (Ref:4049083)   #156
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I guess. I'm surprised if it caught them completely off guard. ?????

Would love to know if they have plans to sort.
I would be curious how they could fix it. Would if there is room in the chassis for a larger bladder or if they have the budget to make the changes if they can within the homologation. I guess the ACO could cut Toyota's capacity to bring "balance" to the regs based on chassis limits but is it really Toyota's fault the R13 was already built?
Old 1 May 2021, 21:25 (Ref:4049089)   #157
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I’m not really for shorter stints. I agree on the Toyota point.

I’d like. To think that this could be outside the homologation. Could depend on what else needs to be changed.

I guess the tank is between the engine and the cockpit/driver?
Old 1 May 2021, 22:23 (Ref:4049093)   #158
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
would be interesting to see how or if things will change with the 007 debut, according the specs that car has a 110L fuel tank, even if it has to be considered that unlike toyota the 500-520kw power will come only from ICE, so it should consume more anyhow
Old 2 May 2021, 06:43 (Ref:4049129)   #159
Napolis
Veteran

Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
would be interesting to see how or if things will change with the 007 debut, according the specs that car has a 110L fuel tank, even if it has to be considered that unlike toyota the 500-520kw power will come only from ICE, so it should consume more anyhow
Our fuel system will give us both range and re-fueling speed we need. Total non issue.
Old 2 May 2021, 07:50 (Ref:4049133)   #160
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's not about refueling speed, it's about how long a 007 stint could be compared to the alpine because of larger fuel tank.
Old 2 May 2021, 08:35 (Ref:4049138)   #161
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Where can you usually watch the race(s) live?
Old 2 May 2021, 09:41 (Ref:4049149)   #162
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
https://www.lequipe.fr/Directs (no ads)
But I don't know if you can access to this site from your location.
Old 2 May 2021, 09:52 (Ref:4049155)   #163
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I watched the whole thing, uninterupted and ad-free on Eurosport Player, with great commentary by Martin Haven, Graham Goodwin and Allan McNish (who I thought was terrific).
Old 2 May 2021, 09:59 (Ref:4049159)   #164
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
It's not about refueling speed, it's about how long a 007 stint could be compared to the alpine because of larger fuel tank.
That was answered - they have the range - and Napolis gave us a small bit of extra info.
Old 2 May 2021, 10:17 (Ref:4049163)   #165
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I watched the whole thing, uninterupted and ad-free on Eurosport Player, with great commentary by Martin Haven, Graham Goodwin and Allan McNish (who I thought was terrific).
That's odd. So Eurosport player had the official WEC app comms team but Eurosport on the telly had the usual Eurosport comms team (which is not good).

I watched on TV and the app, with comms from the app.
Old 2 May 2021, 10:28 (Ref:4049165)   #166
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
That's odd. So Eurosport player had the official WEC app comms team but Eurosport on the telly had the usual Eurosport comms team (which is not good).

I watched on TV and the app, with comms from the app.
I just went straight for the player as it said it was uninterrupted coverage (not the first two and last two hours), so I didn't check anything else out.
Old 2 May 2021, 11:05 (Ref:4049171)   #167
Napolis
Veteran

Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Everyone will have the same range period.
If you need larger tanks you can have them but as they take longer to fill it is about refueling times. Our refueling times will be fine.
Old 2 May 2021, 12:27 (Ref:4049181)   #168
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I just went straight for the player as it said it was uninterrupted coverage (not the first two and last two hours), so I didn't check anything else out.
I watched it on Youtube with live feed from the WEC. Same for ALMS and ELMS.

Not been able to get on here to post for a while as I messed up my password and when try8ing to reset it the sytem just gave an error message. I tried to set up a new account with a different email address, but that just gave the same message for the past month.

Sean
Old 2 May 2021, 12:35 (Ref:4049184)   #169
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Glad you made it back in Sean!
Old 2 May 2021, 12:59 (Ref:4049186)   #170
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I never thought about that. I just chose the non-stop ad free coverage on Eurosport player.

I haven’t got the WEC app coverage this year, because I have Eurosport (and get Tour de France, snooker, and other stuff).

I switched the sound RLM for a bit, but it didn’t really do it for me. Which I found quite disappointing. It was like listening to people scrabbling around in the dark. And the sound quality was dreadful.

The Eurosport ad free was top notch quality. The commentary grates for me after a bit, but then it is six hours of the same people. It it’s good stuff.
Old 3 May 2021, 09:48 (Ref:4049360)   #171
Badlands99
Racer

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Badlands99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why do Eurosport always screw their TV coverage up?
If you are going to bothered to show it at all, at least show the start!
and please, please ..... no more Tom Gaymor! He is awful!
Very annoying commentary style and just not up to speed with regulations, participants and history of the series.
The official feed was much better and, with Allan McNish, they have an excellent communicator who has actually 'been there and done it'.
Eurosport - really not good enough!
Old 3 May 2021, 10:00 (Ref:4049363)   #172
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I really would love it if everyone could pull together and tell Eurosport this. Heaven knows why they spend money on making the coverage worse.
Old 3 May 2021, 14:12 (Ref:4049409)   #173
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I know Motorsport.TV have highlights of it, although you would need to subscribe, but hey there’s plenty of good content on there
Old 3 May 2021, 18:56 (Ref:4049490)   #174
Lutzvic
Racer

Lutzvic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
did anybody recognise the pace of the Chevy? is it a well planned sandbagging for an advantageous BoP for LM (till there no appearance in the WEC) or simply it is as it is......? over the big pond they sweep victories....
Old 3 May 2021, 21:35 (Ref:4049507)   #175
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Earlier in the thread it was suggested they ran on IMSA tyres not WEC tyres.