Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 26 Apr 2009, 10:31 (Ref:2449792)   #276
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's strange that no official communication has been made since the news on DSC and Autosport. Could Bartels be trying to 'provoke' Porsche into supporting them? I wonder why they didn't have support from the beginning. I would think if they were buying the van Merksteijn car, which won last year, Porsche would be interested in supporting them.
Old 26 Apr 2009, 10:42 (Ref:2449798)   #277
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
The van Merksteijn car went to Team Goh - The Vitaphone effort was looking set to use one of the ex Horag chassis
Old 26 Apr 2009, 10:48 (Ref:2449803)   #278
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My bad! Thanks for the correction.

I remember seeing Horag on the initial entry list for the LMS with Didier Theys but that was a long time ago.
Old 26 Apr 2009, 10:55 (Ref:2449811)   #279
KSM86
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
KSM86 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
hmm maybe Vitaphone has a trick up there sleeve or somthing who knows, maybe they still trying to work somthing out with porsche. I hope they are.
Old 26 Apr 2009, 14:12 (Ref:2449906)   #280
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
This looks pretty bad !!!

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...i_Lola_Acc.jpg

Whats the word on this ?
Old 26 Apr 2009, 15:27 (Ref:2449989)   #281
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
This looks pretty bad !!!

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...i_Lola_Acc.jpg

Whats the word on this ?

Pretty sure it will polish out.
Old 26 Apr 2009, 16:10 (Ref:2450027)   #282
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
Epsilon - Money

On Dome - no factory deal and then got involved in a privateer deal that promised a lot and delivered 11 tenths of b***er all - then too late to make alternative plans
Shame, that.
Old 26 Apr 2009, 16:15 (Ref:2450028)   #283
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So then, we wil only have 54 cars on this year's grid?

Surely, the ACO will let a Reserve in if its a Prototype?
Old 27 Apr 2009, 01:28 (Ref:2450316)   #284
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM86 View Post
hmm maybe Vitaphone has a trick up there sleeve or somthing who knows, maybe they still trying to work somthing out with porsche. I hope they are.
Hope so, I'd expect better from a highly professional team like Vitaphone unless something happened that was out of their control that is.
Old 27 Apr 2009, 13:46 (Ref:2450687)   #285
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Vitaphone are definitely out, apparently to be replaced by the second IMSA Porsche.

More rumour..........
There now appears to be a degree of doubt regarding the second LAA Corvette.
Old 27 Apr 2009, 14:56 (Ref:2450745)   #286
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Its out !!!

http://www.lemans.org/24heuresdumans...te_invites.pdf

No Saleens and 2 for Oak !!! ..... and a Vitaphone RS Spyder .

Oh yeah .... and 2 Porsche against 9 Fiats !!! ..... and no Dome either
2 Porsche's? I count four... And not the most shabby teams either!
Old 27 Apr 2009, 14:59 (Ref:2450748)   #287
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Vitaphone are definitely out, apparently to be replaced by the second IMSA Porsche.

More rumour..........
There now appears to be a degree of doubt regarding the second LAA Corvette.
Yeah! Another RSR! Bring on them fiat's!
Old 27 Apr 2009, 15:44 (Ref:2450788)   #288
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Still nothing on the ACO website, but heard the LAA Corvette romour elsewhere so chances are it's correct.
Old 27 Apr 2009, 15:55 (Ref:2450795)   #289
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour View Post
2 Porsche's? I count four... And not the most shabby teams either!
5 now , 2 IMSA , Felbermyer, Flying Lizard and Endurance China. 10 fiats though.....
Old 27 Apr 2009, 16:45 (Ref:2450836)   #290
Chewie-1990
Racer

United Kingdom
Chewie-1990 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Team ORECA Matmut lineup confirmed:
#10 Stephane Ortelli/Bruno Senna/Tiago Monteiro
#11 Olivier Panis/Nicolas Lapierre/Soheil Ayari
Old 27 Apr 2009, 19:23 (Ref:2450972)   #291
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewie-1990 View Post
Team ORECA Matmut lineup confirmed:
#10 Stephane Ortelli/Bruno Senna/Tiago Monteiro
#11 Olivier Panis/Nicolas Lapierre/Soheil Ayari
That number 11 car has the stronger endurance lin up but I wouldn't bet against either of the number 10 crew putting that Oreca ahead of the Astons, dare I say it some of the deisels. I also reckon the number 11 car will be right up there at the begginning - but will either run into a Spyker or a concrete wall (same difference at that speed).
Old 28 Apr 2009, 17:36 (Ref:2451722)   #292
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post

If it's definitely definite, I wonder why the ACO haven't updated their list yet? Once a withdrawal is definitely confirmed as definitely definite, they normally update pretty quickly.
Old 28 Apr 2009, 18:30 (Ref:2451751)   #293
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd say that Vitaphone haven't officially withdrawn yet, as you say, the ACO are usually quick off the mark in releasing details of any withdrawals and their replacements
Old 28 Apr 2009, 19:35 (Ref:2451774)   #294
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
EI are reporting of a possible GT1 withdrawl !!!

Who have we :

Corvette Racing - Wouldnt surprise me with the GM financial problems ?
LAA - Somehow cant see that as all seems healthy in their camp .
JLOC - Its a possible .
IPB Spartak - Its a possible .
JetAlliance - Cant see that withdrawing either , as their 2009 plans are Spa and Le Mans only with their DBR9 .

Barazi is the next reserve .

I wonder will we have a WR in after all ? ..... still 5 weeks to go .
Old 28 Apr 2009, 19:42 (Ref:2451779)   #295
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
At this rate, they'll be entering Formula Le Mans cars and brand them as Courages and stick wings on GT4 cars to make them look like GT1 cars, to fill up the field lol.
Old 28 Apr 2009, 21:10 (Ref:2451839)   #296
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
Many have mentioned above that one of the Luc Alphand entries are in doubt. That would be sad and another show of reality. You wouldn't expect a Luc Alphand-run car to quit after so many years in there.

In the meantime, Endurance-info has a news piece confirmin Manuel Rodrigues in the 99 JMB Ferrari. He's raced for them in Catalunya and is racing a Hexis Aston Martin in GT3 this season.
Old 29 Apr 2009, 00:58 (Ref:2451914)   #297
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
I'm guessing its one of the LAA vettes or possibly JLOC. Cant see anyone else pulling the pin. Its a shame that his happens to the smallest class in the race.
Old 29 Apr 2009, 12:19 (Ref:2452175)   #298
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
How do you guys think the Porsches will be distributed?

Looking at the line-ups so far this season, quite a few of the works drivers have run in multiple cars:

Flying Lizards - 1 car - Bergmeister, Long, Lieb (for Sebring), van Overbeek, Law and Neiman - someone's gonna miss out here

IMSA - 1 car (+ 1 likely) - Narac, Pilet / in the 2nd car for Spa Belloc, Lecourt, Belandras

Felbermayr - 1 car - Lieb, Lietz, the Felbermayrs (Reid and Cruz Martins in the 2nd car)

And then there's the Endurance China car and, if things go terribly wrong within the next month, a 2nd Felbermayr car is on the reserve list.
We also have at least 2 Porsche spyders already filled by 2 works drivers. If Bartels ends up going, there's probably many candidates.
And then there's a few other good Porsche drivers (works even) driving on other teams like Richard Westbrook, Baseng and Henzler.

With all that, how do you think they'll pan out?

My wild guesses are:

Flying Lizards - Bergmeister, and 2 of Overbeek/Law/Neiman
IMSA 1 - Narac, Pilet, Long
IMSA 2 - Henzler
Felbermayr - Lieb, Lietz, one of the Felbermayrs
Endurance China - Westbrook, Basseng

One of Lieb or Lietz could end up on another team if Felbermayr only has 1 car.
Old 29 Apr 2009, 13:49 (Ref:2452229)   #299
The Badger
Veteran

Flying Lizards - Bergmeister-Henzler-Van Overbeek ... If their serious .
Imsa - Pilet-Long-Westbrook .
Imsa- Belloc-Narac-Le Court
Felbermayr - Lieb-Lietz-Felbermayr ..... but Felbermayr wont drive if the car is in with a chance .
End China - O'Young-Hesanault-TBA

Imsa should have one fast car and one steady car , if serious .

Nieman should take a step down from the Lizards car , if their serious . But he is a partner !!!

Felbermayr wont drive if the car is in with a chance , like last year . Unless they get their 2nd car in , then one fast car and one plodder .

End China is anyones guess !!!
Old 29 Apr 2009, 19:03 (Ref:2452374)   #300
The Badger
Veteran

Vitaphone has been officially withdrawn according to the ACO . Reason given is that they couldnt come to an agreement with Porsche .

I find that hard to believe . Of all the European RS Spyders , the 2 that had the factory blessing last year were the Horag and Van Merksteijn cars . I heard from a reliable journalist that Essex didnt even want RS Spyder on the nose of their car , and that peed Porsche off .

So , A German team with a German sponsor couldnt find an agreement with Porsche , and the car was owned by Horag ..... tall stories are abound !!!

Racing Box have withdrawn their 2nd enrty too .

And End China will be run by Thierry Perrier .

News compliments of DSC .

Tags
2009 le mans entries