Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 1 Mar 2009, 11:37 (Ref:2406564)   #126
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
That being said, #103 was very heavily pranged by Jiri Janak in practice at Zolder(?). Has it ever been properly repaired?
Oh yeah, totally forgot about that crash.

It was Nogaro by the way.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6y...ston-mart_auto

And how do you know it was #103?

Tom.
Old 1 Mar 2009, 16:29 (Ref:2406722)   #127
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
I would imagine they would use the chassis that in the best shape. Wasn't one of them found to be deficient last year?

L.P.
More like the drivers I reckon. Wendlinger and Sharp were a great duo, and usually much faster than the other two. It would be great to see those two back in the car for LM.
Old 2 Mar 2009, 01:43 (Ref:2407026)   #128
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346 View Post
Oh yeah, totally forgot about that crash.

It was Nogaro by the way.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6y...ston-mart_auto

And how do you know it was #103?

Tom.
#105 raced after at Zolder for Wendlinger/Sharp (who also raced it all season long).
Old 2 Mar 2009, 08:08 (Ref:2407166)   #129
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
As I suspected . Lucas Lichter-Hoyer is conformed as the first driver for the JatAlliance car .

Thats finished that cars chances as a front runner ..... oh dear !!!
Old 2 Mar 2009, 21:38 (Ref:2407631)   #130
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Autosport has an interview with Tonio Luizzi in which he says he is looking for a drive at Le Mans this year any speculation as to where it may come from -

3rd Audi?
3rd Aston?
Pescarolo?
Porsche Spyder?
http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns21217.html

But I wouldn't count too much on that since it claims Charouz would run all of the three Astons...
Old 3 Mar 2009, 22:27 (Ref:2408480)   #131
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Out of the list of 55, are there any which people think might drop out? We know the AMR Eastern Europe is iffy right now. Is Creation still trying to scrounge money or are they going to abandon ALMS for a run at Le Mans?

I think it'd be nice to, at the very least, get Team Seattle and China Endurance into the race.
Old 4 Mar 2009, 00:47 (Ref:2408556)   #132
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The359 View Post
Out of the list of 55, are there any which people think might drop out? We know the AMR Eastern Europe is iffy right now. Is Creation still trying to scrounge money or are they going to abandon ALMS for a run at Le Mans?

I think it'd be nice to, at the very least, get Team Seattle and China Endurance into the race.
I'm not sure it's a one or the other thing with Creation. Keep in mind that backers may be interested in one but not the other. Sometimes that works against an LM run (Tafel with Bell Micro in '08) but sometimes it works in its favour. Or, alternatively, it may be much simpler to get a gentleman or 2 interested in funding an LM drive than anything in ALMS P1 right now...

I personally would be happy if nobody dropped out because, IMO, the list is stronger now than it would be with any of the current cars replaced by the first 2 reserves.
Old 4 Mar 2009, 14:17 (Ref:2408841)   #133
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I sincerly hope that nobody drops out , cuz next reserve is another bloody Fiat !!!

Last edited by The Badger; 4 Mar 2009 at 14:17. Reason: spelling check
Old 4 Mar 2009, 15:03 (Ref:2408874)   #134
canam
Veteran

canam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The359 View Post
I think everyone is on the scrounge: GM, Ford, Aston Martin, Jaguar, Chrysler as well as Larry Flynt! ...and those boys are asking for huge wedge. Toyota, Nissan, Honda, Peugeot et al are looking around for what they can get. I would suspect that some of the privateers on the grids are in better financial condition than the big boys (GM etc.)--who are most likely technically insolvent if not bankrupt.
Old 4 Mar 2009, 15:18 (Ref:2408884)   #135
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
I sincerly hope that nobody drops out , cuz next reserve is another bloody Fiat !!!
Crewed by a bunch of charitable gentlemen. No serious threat for the win against the 3 strong Porkers, don't worry. Though I still worry that the lack of entry for that car may relieve us of a chance at an all-pro AF Corse car like in '08. Even you, Badger, would surely like more pro GT2 cars - even Fiats!
Old 4 Mar 2009, 17:17 (Ref:2408952)   #136
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...focus-281.html
...and it will be driven by McDreamy - interesting that the release doesn't mention at all that they're on the reserve list.
Old 4 Mar 2009, 21:10 (Ref:2409135)   #137
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Even you, Badger, would surely like more pro GT2 cars - even Fiats!
Yeah , I have no problem with that . But I do find the odd's unfair , and personally find it disgusting , especially when you take into account , what Le Mans would have done in the lean years without Porsche . And no , there wasnt a whole lot of Fiats in Gt racing .

What in hell did Porsche do wrong to the ACO to warrant such unfair odds for two years on the trot ?

And nobody can argue that they are arnt unfair .

I just cant understand it .
Old 5 Mar 2009, 12:56 (Ref:2409528)   #138
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is this more down the lack of Porsches being selected as chariots of choice by the "better" teams rather than the ACO selecting more Fezzas than Porkers?

After all this is not works teams against rival works teams...
Old 5 Mar 2009, 13:34 (Ref:2409559)   #139
Dunlop Corner
Racer

Dunlop Corner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree. Most of the strong teams have picked Ferrari. Even a team like Farnbacher has gone from the trusty Porsche to Fiat.

Risi is the only GT2 team with two cars, and they have two auto invites. The rest of the teams get only a single entry.
I would argue that a second IMSA or Felbermayer car would be more worthy than JMB or Krohn, if nothing else just to equalise the field a bit. But Krohn of course continues to get in on Risi's auto invites.
Old 5 Mar 2009, 19:16 (Ref:2409786)   #140
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Speculation at DSC over the Vitaphone RS Spyder and whether it's a real runner.

To be honest, with the way things might shake through the 5th on reserve list that WR ended up with (a travesty incidentally) might, if they still have the enthusiasm, see them into the race.
Old 5 Mar 2009, 19:34 (Ref:2409793)   #141
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
Quote:
Yeah , I have no problem with that . But I do find the odd's unfair , and personally find it disgusting , especially when you take into account , what Le Mans would have done in the lean years without Porsche . And no , there wasnt a whole lot of Fiats in Gt racing .

What in hell did Porsche do wrong to the ACO to warrant such unfair odds for two years on the trot ?

And nobody can argue that they are arnt unfair .

I just cant understand it .
A lot of those Ferraris are on auto-entries, so the only people to blame are the teams themselves for being successful, and maybe Porsche AG for not doing a better job supporting 997 teams to knock them down. I don't believe the latter is a big deal, but if you need someone to vent at...
Old 5 Mar 2009, 19:34 (Ref:2409795)   #142
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Speculation at DSC over the Vitaphone RS Spyder and whether it's a real runner.

To be honest, with the way things might shake through the 5th on reserve list that WR ended up with (a travesty incidentally) might, if they still have the enthusiasm, see them into the race.
The phrase 'real runner' may be a bit unfair. They want to run it, but the deal is not done yet. That is true for more than one car on the grid. Welcome to 2009, year of the on-spec entry.
Old 5 Mar 2009, 22:12 (Ref:2409939)   #143
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
The phrase 'real runner' may be a bit unfair. They want to run it, but the deal is not done yet. That is true for more than one car on the grid. Welcome to 2009, year of the on-spec entry.
Sorry - perhaps improper use of slang 'real runner' - referring exactly to CMK's point rather than any suggestion that it was vapourware.
Old 5 Mar 2009, 23:12 (Ref:2409982)   #144
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunlop Corner View Post
I agree. Most of the strong teams have picked Ferrari. Even a team like Farnbacher has gone from the trusty Porsche to Fiat.

Risi is the only GT2 team with two cars, and they have two auto invites. The rest of the teams get only a single entry.
I would argue that a second IMSA or Felbermayer car would be more worthy than JMB or Krohn, if nothing else just to equalise the field a bit. But Krohn of course continues to get in on Risi's auto invites.
While Krohn certainly embarrassed himself last year, don't forget that 2 years ago it was his car that provided Ferrari with it's best GT2 finish (2nd) ever until the other Risi car won last year. Thus, I don't really see why someone else would be that much more deserving.

DK
Old 5 Mar 2009, 23:39 (Ref:2409993)   #145
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1 View Post
While Krohn certainly embarrassed himself last year, don't forget that 2 years ago it was his car that provided Ferrari with it's best GT2 finish (2nd) ever until the other Risi car won last year. Thus, I don't really see why someone else would be that much more deserving.

DK
Was that the last time the Krohn car actually finished
Old 6 Mar 2009, 00:19 (Ref:2410005)   #146
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
Was that the last time the Krohn car actually finished
Well, since Krohn has only had three entries at Le Mans, that's a 33% finishing rate. Probably better than many others I would venture.

DK
Old 6 Mar 2009, 07:31 (Ref:2410095)   #147
The Badger
Veteran

[QUOTE=cmk;2409793]A lot of those Ferraris are on auto-entries, so the only people to blame are the teams themselves for being successful, and maybe Porsche AG for not doing a better job supporting 997 teams to knock them down. QUOTE]

I suppose thats a fair comment ..... I wonder what has changed from last year to this year ?
Old 6 Mar 2009, 09:18 (Ref:2410151)   #148
Dunlop Corner
Racer

Dunlop Corner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well last year it was 6 Ferraris against 3 Porsches, so not much has changed.
Old 6 Mar 2009, 09:44 (Ref:2410176)   #149
The Badger
Veteran

lol ..... im talking about Porsche development progress .

I reckon we will see a big differance , after all the negative comments that were aimed at the Porsche customer support services department .
Old 6 Mar 2009, 18:28 (Ref:2410520)   #150
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1 View Post
Well, since Krohn has only had three entries at Le Mans, that's a 33% finishing rate. Probably better than many others I would venture.

DK
And Jorg binned the Porsche one of the other years.

Tags
2009 le mans entries