Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 25 Jun 2023, 19:12 (Ref:4165414)   #2451
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnoyedMoose View Post
You can download all previous seasons from Duke Video for a modest cost. I've got everything and some I got for no cost because of the points you build up.
But only the 3 hour season reviews - I think?
Old 26 Jun 2023, 09:22 (Ref:4165517)   #2452
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
But only the 3 hour season reviews - I think?
I don't remember when the change over came but later ones are over 7 hours. Even with the shorter ones there's still a lot of racing. Don't think full videos of every race in the 90's will come out anywhere.
Old 26 Jun 2023, 09:24 (Ref:4165518)   #2453
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2007 was the season they gave up editing them. Definitely a case of less is more, I miss being able to watch a season in a single sitting.
Old 26 Jun 2023, 10:07 (Ref:4165522)   #2454
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnoyedMoose View Post
I don't remember when the change over came but later ones are over 7 hours. Even with the shorter ones there's still a lot of racing. Don't think full videos of every race in the 90's will come out anywhere.
Well they have to exist as they would be the BBC highlights, so even those weren't full races. Would be nice to have those. When I worked at the BBC I tried to get some sent to me, but got a reply from a BBC archiver "why do you want these", and I bottled it and cancelled the request... They were all stored on Digibeta so they would have been needed to be transferred to either VHS or DVD anyway.
Old 26 Jun 2023, 10:18 (Ref:4165524)   #2455
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
You can find a few old BBC highlights around. They did enough. I actually have a few still on video. The BBC don't seem to care about what they do with them, so it's good job some still have them. You can find a few on YouTube, but there aren't all up there. So getting the full archive would be harder, unless someone has built it up
Old 2 Jul 2023, 12:05 (Ref:4166275)   #2456
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RIP Steve Neal... Quite shocking and very saddening news, didn't expect it at all.
His touring car legacy will not be forgotten, that's for sure.
Old 2 Jul 2023, 13:33 (Ref:4166285)   #2457
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RIP Steve Neal

rather ironic the timing just when his outfit exited the BTCC
Old 3 Jul 2023, 05:23 (Ref:4166455)   #2458
touringcarnut
Veteran

India
Hyderabad, India
touringcarnut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sadly it's also not looking rosey for Rimstock the former family business. Overdue accounts and only prevented from a strike off from the company register due to an objection from HMRC. That means HMRC want their slice of pie.
Old 3 Jul 2023, 08:17 (Ref:4166470)   #2459
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringcarnut View Post
Sadly it's also not looking rosey for Rimstock the former family business. Overdue accounts and only prevented from a strike off from the company register due to an objection from HMRC. That means HMRC want their slice of pie.
I'm not really sure what your point is. Rimstock hasn't been a family business since it was sold as 2016. That has no connection to Team Dynamics.
Old 3 Jul 2023, 09:09 (Ref:4166481)   #2460
touringcarnut
Veteran

India
Hyderabad, India
touringcarnut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
I'm not really sure what your point is. Rimstock hasn't been a family business since it was sold as 2016. That has no connection to Team Dynamics.
Matt had an official role at Rimstock that only ended about a year ago. It flagged up co incidentally on a credit warning today.

Anyway, RIP to Steve Neal and best wishes to his family.
Old 3 Jul 2023, 09:18 (Ref:4166485)   #2461
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I know Matt's been keeping busy business wise, it would be good if the team can make a comeback next year.

Sad news about Steve Neal, but he's done a lot for motorsport and let's hope Matt can help continue the legacy and get things back on the road
Old 4 Jul 2023, 08:54 (Ref:4166640)   #2462
SSmith
Veteran

SSmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's the Goodyear BTCC test today.

A few driver changes for the test at Team HARD. Daryl DeLeon in place of Thompson and Nathan Harrison in place of Butel. No running for Edwards.
Old 4 Jul 2023, 09:51 (Ref:4166646)   #2463
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Doesn’t look like the Hondas are there either, or at least haven’t ventured out so far, but there’s nothing about the test day on their social media.
Old 4 Jul 2023, 10:37 (Ref:4166653)   #2464
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Doesn’t look like the Hondas are there either, or at least haven’t ventured out so far, but there’s nothing about the test day on their social media.
I don't believe One had planned to take part in the test at all.
Old 4 Jul 2023, 15:26 (Ref:4166706)   #2465
Millvi
Racer

Millvi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
I don't believe One had planned to take part in the test at all.
Is this a 1 or 2 day test? I see Creesy there today posting pictures on his socials. I wondered if he’d be in a car tomorrow if it was a 2 day session….
Old 4 Jul 2023, 15:29 (Ref:4166708)   #2466
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millvi View Post
Is this a 1 or 2 day test? I see Creesy there today posting pictures on his socials. I wondered if he’d be in a car tomorrow if it was a 2 day session….
It's a 1-day, non-official Goodyear test day.
Old 4 Jul 2023, 15:59 (Ref:4166716)   #2467
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmith View Post
It's the Goodyear BTCC test today.

A few driver changes for the test at Team HARD. Daryl DeLeon in place of Thompson and Nathan Harrison in place of Butel. No running for Edwards.
DeLeon put on a good showing, though of course everyone won’t be running at qualifying pace. Wonder then if he might get a full drive soon, not sure what his budget is like and he’s still young, but can envision Hard being keen to have their scholar in the hot seat!

Good to see Harrison back as well, dropped off the radar a little bit with some fluctuating results in Porsches, and not sure if he’s been racing at all this year.

I presume she missed the test because of budget, but wouldn’t be at all surprised if that was it for Edwards. Perhaps strange they didn’t run the sixth car at all.
Old 4 Jul 2023, 16:22 (Ref:4166720)   #2468
Millvi
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
It's a 1-day, non-official Goodyear test day.
Thanks for the info.

I wonder what’s next for Creesy.
Old 4 Jul 2023, 17:55 (Ref:4166740)   #2469
SSmith
Veteran

SSmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
DeLeon put on a good showing, though of course everyone won’t be running at qualifying pace. Wonder then if he might get a full drive soon, not sure what his budget is like and he’s still young, but can envision Hard being keen to have their scholar in the hot seat!

Good to see Harrison back as well, dropped off the radar a little bit with some fluctuating results in Porsches, and not sure if he’s been racing at all this year.

I presume she missed the test because of budget, but wouldn’t be at all surprised if that was it for Edwards. Perhaps strange they didn’t run the sixth car at all.
Completely agree! DeLeon seems quick in pretty much anything (Radicals, GB4, and various HARD-run Britcar machines) so it would be great if he got a shot in the BTCC. Harrison is a name that I was pleasantly surprised to see - always quick in Minis so maybe he's refocusing on tin tops.

Edwards it seems is in a very similar position to what Parfitt had last year. Lower budget and thus no testing at all.

It's sad that this year she's just had no luck at all, including in Britcar where she's been very quick but the car has let her down. Fingers crossed things will improve after the break.
Old 4 Jul 2023, 18:58 (Ref:4166748)   #2470
Spanner monkey
Racer

England
Norwich
Spanner monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Thanks for the info.

Maybe an exhibition bout with KSI or Tommy Fury ?
Old 5 Jul 2023, 07:15 (Ref:4166777)   #2471
Millvi
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmith View Post
Completely agree! DeLeon seems quick in pretty much anything (Radicals, GB4, and various HARD-run Britcar machines) so it would be great if he got a shot in the BTCC. Harrison is a name that I was pleasantly surprised to see - always quick in Minis so maybe he's refocusing on tin tops.

Edwards it seems is in a very similar position to what Parfitt had last year. Lower budget and thus no testing at all.

It's sad that this year she's just had no luck at all, including in Britcar where she's been very quick but the car has let her down. Fingers crossed things will improve after the break.
Hopefully Jade's car is stripped down and being carefully re-assembled ready for Croft. She deserves a fair crack of the whip.
Old 5 Jul 2023, 07:21 (Ref:4166779)   #2472
Millvi
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanner monkey View Post
Maybe an exhibition bout with KSI or Tommy Fury ?
Yep, don't rule anything out!!!
Old 5 Jul 2023, 08:58 (Ref:4166791)   #2473
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Thanks for the info.

Just to expand - teams can also carry out one testing day (or 2 halfs) at a General Test Day hosted by a circuit during the season.

This must not be at a configuration which largely consists of that which is used in the championship until after the meeting.
Old 5 Jul 2023, 11:33 (Ref:4166807)   #2474
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
This must not be at a configuration which largely consists of that which is used in the championship until after the meeting.
It's not just testing where that restriction applies. Ash Sutton did some demo laps in the Focus at Brands Hatch Super Touring Power event last weekend. He was allowed to do that on the Indy circuit on Sunday but not on the GP circuit on Saturday. He wasn't even allowed to drive the Subaru Levorg on the GP circuit - it might be non-hybrid and no longer eligible for the series but was deemed not allowable as it was still NGTC spec.
Old 5 Jul 2023, 12:13 (Ref:4166812)   #2475
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
It's not just testing where that restriction applies. Ash Sutton did some demo laps in the Focus at Brands Hatch Super Touring Power event last weekend. He was allowed to do that on the Indy circuit on Sunday but not on the GP circuit on Saturday. He wasn't even allowed to drive the Subaru Levorg on the GP circuit - it might be non-hybrid and no longer eligible for the series but was deemed not allowable as it was still NGTC spec.

IIRC, the regulations consider any form of testing or competing, in any form of car, as being a breach if the series is still to visit the circuit later in the year. I'm assuming that Hill applied for (and received) dispensation to compete on the GP circuit? Or has he opened himself up to a complaint from other teams later in the season?

I had a look to see if Crees would be affected by his time in GT3. I think the Silverstone circuit would be considered different enough when he raced there to be permitted.

I do wonder if the Donington Park National circuit is deemed to be close enough to the GP layout that testing outside of the Goodyear test would be prohibited?

Last edited by crmalcolm; 5 Jul 2023 at 12:18.