Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 17 Aug 2023, 17:32 (Ref:4173124)   #126
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
I feel the continuation of the Shank Acura or a 3rd Caddy is wishful thinking at this stage.

Is it me or is the LMDh (GTP) momentum starting to stall already?
additional Porsche and Lambo coming in next season. Not sure if there are any other real possibilities
Old 17 Aug 2023, 17:41 (Ref:4173125)   #127
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I am a bit surprised to see the additional Taylor, he has been in GT focus for a bit with Corvette. Also wonder what Sims thinks about dropping the prototype side of things and focusing on GT?
Old 17 Aug 2023, 18:23 (Ref:4173132)   #128
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
additional Porsche and Lambo coming in next season. Not sure if there are any other real possibilities
Not seeing it myself, after the initial flurry of entries this is more subdued so far, but IMSA will almost certainly have more LMDh cars next year. Onwards and upwards.

Quote:
I am a bit surprised to see the additional Taylor, he has been in GT focus for a bit with Corvette. Also wonder what Sims thinks about dropping the prototype side of things and focusing on GT?
Jordan was arguably the better driver when he and Ricky were cleaning up together in DPi. A lot of drivers have mentioned the GT -> hypercar transition being relatively easy (compared to GT -> LMP1) so he'll be fine. Once he's up to speed, I reckon JT/Deletraz will be quicker than RT/Albuquerque.

Sims has done okay in LMDh, but as his results show, he's a much better GT driver. For him, going back to Corvette as a factory driver is too good to pass up.

Last edited by J Jay; 17 Aug 2023 at 18:29.
Old 17 Aug 2023, 19:13 (Ref:4173138)   #129
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, considering that there are 3 new LMDhs coming to the WEC next year, and that possibly 2 of them will be entering IMSA (Lamborghini, Alpine), it's not too bad.
Old 18 Aug 2023, 01:13 (Ref:4173172)   #130
v8supes
Veteran

v8supes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I feel the continuation of the Shank Acura or a 3rd Caddy is wishful thinking at this stage.

It just annoys me that the only people selling customer cars are Porsche. I thought the whole point of the rule set was that you could have factory teams and private teams battling each other. Other than that i still think there is plenty to be excited about. Im worried about costs though, it cant be cheap.
Old 18 Aug 2023, 01:39 (Ref:4173176)   #131
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Beginning of the end. We can't have new cars every race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8supes View Post
It just annoys me that the only people selling customer cars are Porsche. I thought the whole point of the rule set was that you could have factory teams and private teams battling each other. Other than that i still think there is plenty to be excited about. Im worried about costs though, it cant be cheap.
It aint cheap, but it has been dearer.
Old 18 Aug 2023, 08:11 (Ref:4173188)   #132
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8supes View Post
That was one of the goals of LMDh, but the biggest priority was keeping the costs down for the manufacturers by avoiding an escalating arms race , hence the BoP-based regulations. IMSA shouldn't need privateers for a healthy top class, I think that's asking too much.

With one notable exception, every "super team" that realistically could afford an LMDh entry has one, or will do so when the car is ready. Hopefully more come along, but if the factories keep coming or even maintain their current level of participation, that's more than enough.
Old 22 Aug 2023, 00:48 (Ref:4173599)   #133
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
Who claimed the dinosaurs went extinct?! https://www.dailysportscar.com/2023/...d-gtd-pro.html
Old 22 Aug 2023, 13:46 (Ref:4173629)   #134
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Who claimed the dinosaurs went extinct?! https://www.dailysportscar.com/2023/...d-gtd-pro.html
Pretty exciting Pro class prospects for next season after relatively low numbers this. I had no expectations of an LMP2 entry either! Sounds like they know they have an entry if they already have a car to test with and a new Oreca on order. How many of these have Oreca produced now???
Old 22 Aug 2023, 15:58 (Ref:4173649)   #135
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
Well over a 100 I'd say.

Maybe the limited ability for support in WEC has opened the door to additional in IMSA.
Old 22 Aug 2023, 16:07 (Ref:4173651)   #136
tomcug
Veteran

tomcug should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
How many of these have Oreca produced now???
A lot 99th car was delivered in May 2022 so I suppose well over 100.
https://www.dailysportscar.com/2022/05/24/oreca-07.html
Also Keating switching to United:
https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/k...sports-lineup/
Old 22 Aug 2023, 16:10 (Ref:4173652)   #137
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
There's no such thing as a sure bet, but Keating at United (whose top series will be IMSA) is a formidable combination.
Old 22 Aug 2023, 16:21 (Ref:4173653)   #138
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcug View Post
A lot 99th car was delivered in May 2022 so I suppose well over 100.
https://www.dailysportscar.com/2022/05/24/oreca-07.html
Also Keating switching to United:
https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/k...sports-lineup/
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
There's no such thing as a sure bet, but Keating at United (whose top series will be IMSA) is a formidable combination.
The competition will be tougher next season, but no, i wouldn't bet against Ben!

They mention the co driver as Alex Quinn, can't say I have any knowledge of him, but he must be a silver?
Old 22 Aug 2023, 16:31 (Ref:4173654)   #139
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
The competition will be tougher next season, but no, i wouldn't bet against Ben!

They mention the co driver as Alex Quinn, can't say I have any knowledge of him, but he must be a silver?
He's in the car for the enduros with Ben in IMSA this season. 22 yo Brit from formula cars and British GT.
Old 22 Aug 2023, 16:41 (Ref:4173657)   #140
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Also wonder if the Pro entry could be the end of the plaid Pfaff program after Petit? Does Porsche want to run 2 Pro cars but guess if AO can fund it Porsche could have some drivers out there
Old 22 Aug 2023, 16:51 (Ref:4173659)   #141
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
JT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

He is indeed a young silver driver.

https://us.motorsport.com/imsa/news/...ason/10510260/
Old 22 Aug 2023, 17:36 (Ref:4173668)   #142
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
Quote:
Now I'm questioning myself, is a Bronze/Silver combo the best way forward in the class? Or are they really only going to try and get the award for best Bronze?

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Also wonder if the Pro entry could be the end of the plaid Pfaff program after Petit? Does Porsche want to run 2 Pro cars but guess if AO can fund it Porsche could have some drivers out there
I think Pfaff said they will be back in pro, so i'd guess 2 Porsches just split between the teams.
Old 22 Aug 2023, 19:04 (Ref:4173691)   #143
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Did you really call Ben a Bronze though? Maybe tarnished Silver is a thing
Old 22 Aug 2023, 21:09 (Ref:4173705)   #144
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Ok, have to assume this is 24 or 25 debut but why?

https://racer.com/2023/08/22/mazda-m...-martinsville/

MX-5 on Martinsville?? I mean I'll watch but really?
Old 24 Aug 2023, 10:11 (Ref:4173817)   #145
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's something different. Good on them for trying it, and I hope it comes to fruition.

Back-to-back weekends with VIR makes the most sense.
Old 24 Aug 2023, 13:28 (Ref:4173836)   #146
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Ok, have to assume this is 24 or 25 debut but why?

https://racer.com/2023/08/22/mazda-m...-martinsville/

MX-5 on Martinsville?? I mean I'll watch but really?
I'd watch it!
Old 27 Aug 2023, 17:28 (Ref:4174228)   #147
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:

Quote:
He's in the car for the enduros with Ben in IMSA this season. 22 yo Brit from formula cars and British GT.
So it looks like Ben is saying he's been retained as the third driver and not the full season. Full season partner to be announced soon according to S365 notebook for the ViR weekend
Old 30 Aug 2023, 09:15 (Ref:4174580)   #148
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Inter Europol close to confirming its entry for full 2024 IMSA season.

Not much to comment other than it's the logical choice, and good luck to them next year.
Old 30 Aug 2023, 11:54 (Ref:4174587)   #149
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Think it's Thurs or Fri of Petit that will be a busy night for writers with the confirmed full season entry list announced.
Old 7 Sep 2023, 12:37 (Ref:4175538)   #150
Coach Ep
Veteran

No Jota next season: https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...imsa-campaign/

There probably wouldn't have been room on the grid anyway.