Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 18 Jul 2008, 16:45 (Ref:2253452)   #26
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
i thought I would have a play with a Mansell livery on the Lola. Its different to the Atlantic car, but that one didnt work very well

Old 18 Jul 2008, 17:21 (Ref:2253478)   #27
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA
...and thinking back to that TOCA meeting in '93, he was pretty much on the pace in the Mondeo, but did look a bit over-aggressive with the car at times (think it was his first outing in anything fwd), so maybe no great surprise when it ended in the wall- or rather the bridge- with a little help from Tiff Needell.... It was a typical Mansell performance- drama and action all the way.....

Autosport are suggesting the intention might be an ALMS outing later this year- probably PLM.....
Talking about drama and action...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-R665bquMg
Old 18 Jul 2008, 17:29 (Ref:2253486)   #28
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b
i thought I would have a play with a Mansell livery on the Lola. Its different to the Atlantic car, but that one didnt work very well

Would be a definate improvement on the yellow!Although Im not sure he would get the Red 5 number.
Old 19 Jul 2008, 00:28 (Ref:2253669)   #29
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe Vici would switch to #17 and 18 allowing the Mansell's to use #5.
Old 19 Jul 2008, 00:29 (Ref:2253670)   #30
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
So if we got the Chamberlain car over here for the last race or two, 4 out of the 5 existing Lola B06/10s would be here in the ALMS!

Last edited by WMUCarGuy; 19 Jul 2008 at 00:33.
Old 19 Jul 2008, 00:45 (Ref:2253677)   #31
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMUCarGuy
So if we got the Chamberlain car over here for the last race or two, 4 out of the 5 existing Lola B06/10s would be here in the ALMS!
I guess it's kind of like having 6 of the 8 C6Rs in Europe.

DK
Old 19 Jul 2008, 01:15 (Ref:2253683)   #32
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMUCarGuy
Who has the 5th?
Old 19 Jul 2008, 06:43 (Ref:2253739)   #33
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb
Who has the 5th?
Is it not RML?
Old 19 Jul 2008, 07:05 (Ref:2253746)   #34
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Presumably there's the Lola-Audi (sans engine of course) knocking around somewhere - is it still in Deletraz's possession?
Old 19 Jul 2008, 09:01 (Ref:2253773)   #35
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b

Andy- that's brilliant- those colours really look good on the Lola .

I don't suppose you've had a bit of inside info from anywhere, have you....?
Old 19 Jul 2008, 09:20 (Ref:2253785)   #36
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge
Presumably there's the Lola-Audi (sans engine of course) knocking around somewhere - is it still in Deletraz's possession?
That would account for it- excluding the new Coupe for Charouz, think there have been 5 LMP1 Lolas- Without getting into the question of whether they're B06/10 or B07/10, or specific chassis numbers I think the history is:

1x Chamberlain-Synergy (AER)- still with them
1x Dyson (AER)- sold to Intersport
1x Dyson (AER)- first sold to Velocity Motorsport who never raced it- (or is that the other chassis?) then Cytosport- it's now with Intersport anyway
1x Charouz (Judd)- now with Cytosport
1x Swiss Spirit (Audi)- presumably gathering dust in a workshop somewhere in Germany or Switzerland?

Assuming Cytosport appear with the ex-Charouz car, and this Chamberlain-Mansell deal happens, then the only one never to race in ALMS so far will be the Swiss Spirit chassis

All the others are LMP2:

RML 'MG' (Judd then AER)- they've used 2 chassis I think?
Binnie- (Zytek) still with the team, not raced this year
Chamberlain-Synergy (AER)- sold to ASM
Lista-Horag (Judd)- do they still have it?
Fernandez (Acura)- sold to Kruse-Schiller (Mazda)
BK Motorsport (Mazda)- again 2 chassis?
Old 19 Jul 2008, 11:10 (Ref:2253825)   #37
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
D'oh! Forgot RML were P2!

Must have been tired when I posted that!
Old 19 Jul 2008, 11:20 (Ref:2253829)   #38
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Mike Newton does still have 2 B05/40's which are #HU05 (the current car with AER engine in the back) and #HU03 (which had the Judd engine the back).
Old 19 Jul 2008, 18:11 (Ref:2254011)   #39
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
Actually, in theory, there are 2 more B06/10s, but no one seems to know anything about them.