Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 4 Feb 2010, 15:07 (Ref:2626564)   #51
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
Paul Van Splunteren
He drove #61 at Spa 24H '09 didn't he?

Tom.
Old 4 Feb 2010, 15:09 (Ref:2626566)   #52
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346 View Post
He drove #61 at Spa 24H '09 didn't he?

Tom.
He did.
Old 4 Feb 2010, 15:15 (Ref:2626573)   #53
hoppelemine
Racer

England
Dorset, UK
hoppelemine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by arakis View Post
So far I see only one serius Ferrari entry in gt2, Risi/Melo one, all otheres have ether Gentelman drivers or not works drivers.
I wouldn't under estimate the AF Corse Ferrari, Perez Companc, Russo and Bruni (if he is 3rd driver this year, he is teamed with Risi in ALMS for '10) are fast and they ran very well at Sebring and finished 2nd, and came 5th or 6th at Le Mans.
Old 4 Feb 2010, 15:18 (Ref:2626575)   #54
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just discovering the entrant list: think it's a good program, just one mistake JLOC
Old 4 Feb 2010, 15:21 (Ref:2626580)   #55
CarolK
Racer

United States
Texas
CarolK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How does the Acura LMP1 car qualify to run in LMP2, other than this comment....."Even though we earned an LMP1 entry after winning the ALMS, given the fact that a petrol-powered car can't really compete against diesels at Le Mans, it made sense for us to take our current chassis and contest LMP2," said Dayton.

"This will be our first flyaway frace, our first time in Europe and our first time at Le Mans, so we have a lot to learn. We're not under any false pretences regarding the size of the challenge ahead.

"Tackling an LMP1 victory at Le Mans was not realistic for us this year, but we're very keen to challenge for the LMP2 win.
Old 4 Feb 2010, 15:24 (Ref:2626588)   #56
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolK View Post
How does the Acura LMP1 car qualify to run in LMP2, other than this comment....."Even though we earned an LMP1 entry after winning the ALMS, given the fact that a petrol-powered car can't really compete against diesels at Le Mans, it made sense for us to take our current chassis and contest LMP2," said Dayton.

"This will be our first flyaway frace, our first time in Europe and our first time at Le Mans, so we have a lot to learn. We're not under any false pretences regarding the size of the challenge ahead.

"Tackling an LMP1 victory at Le Mans was not realistic for us this year, but we're very keen to challenge for the LMP2 win.
It doesn't, they applied for the P2 entry.
Old 4 Feb 2010, 15:30 (Ref:2626594)   #57
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by trahsub View Post
Still not a fan of these GT1 frankencars, but what can you do.

I'm happy to see the BMWs in there, but they are going to have a hard time on the long straights with their wide, blunt front ends. Can't wait for June!
That's what everyone said before Road America too and they won.
Old 4 Feb 2010, 15:32 (Ref:2626597)   #58
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMUCarGuy View Post
That's what everyone said before Road America too and they won.
Only because IMSA gave them a restrictor break from Road America on, doubt the ACO will give them the same break.
Old 4 Feb 2010, 15:35 (Ref:2626600)   #59
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Based on the Highcroft entry, if LMP2 is Pro/Am now, I suppose its safe to assume Simon Pagenaud will be in one of the Peugeots.

Also, I wonder if 4 ALMS regulars will fill the other seats in the BMW entries?
Old 4 Feb 2010, 17:09 (Ref:2626653)   #60
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canam View Post
What statements don't hold water? 'cos they don't say much unless they are ready to do it.
There was "news" that they'd do 2009. Then "news" that they'd do PLM and Laguna.... Clearly they still don't have the funding, or they would have made some sort of announcement on their website by now.
Old 4 Feb 2010, 18:09 (Ref:2626697)   #61
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMUCarGuy View Post

Also, I wonder if 4 ALMS regulars will fill the other seats in the BMW entries?
I hope so, they are all more than qualified.
Old 4 Feb 2010, 18:30 (Ref:2626706)   #62
canam
Veteran

canam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
There was "news" that they'd do 2009. Then "news" that they'd do PLM and Laguna.... Clearly they still don't have the funding, or they would have made some sort of announcement on their website by now.
'News', 'Bear news' or statements by the team? According to the website, they were clear in not doing PLM and Laguna last year. I don't believe they ever stated that they would do a full season in 2009.

As for this year, who knows. I would like to see them return with the re-designed car. You may be right about funding or they may just want to announce a development when they choose to.
Old 4 Feb 2010, 18:37 (Ref:2626709)   #63
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I have to say that my overwhelming feeling is utter disgust at seeing JLOC on the entry list again. Whatever may have happened since Le Mans last year, they should have been banned by the ACO from the race for life after the mockery they made of their entry last year.
Old 4 Feb 2010, 19:22 (Ref:2626746)   #64
Yakuncha
Racer

Ireland
Dublin,Ireland
Yakuncha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I have to say that my overwhelming feeling is utter disgust at seeing JLOC on the entry list again. Whatever may have happened since Le Mans last year, they should have been banned by the ACO from the race for life after the mockery they made of their entry last year.
At Okayama Asian LMS they had a Reiter car which would be a tad better than the 'fast road car' they had previously sellotaped together to enter with, but who knows. They dont seem too competitive in Super GT either (12th,15th and 19th in the 2009 teams championship) despite the car being strangled by air restrictors

Hopefully the Reiter car will be brought to Le Mans
Old 4 Feb 2010, 20:25 (Ref:2626800)   #65
undoz
Rookie

Romania
Romania
undoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a pleasant surprise. I think this is one of the best entry lists from the last years. LMP1 and GT2 look hot.

Can't wait to see the dirty white Dome in the morning and hear the Ford GT roar!
Old 4 Feb 2010, 20:39 (Ref:2626814)   #66
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakuncha View Post
At Okayama Asian LMS they had a Reiter car which would be a tad better than the 'fast road car' they had previously sellotaped together to enter with, but who knows. They dont seem too competitive in Super GT either (12th,15th and 19th in the 2009 teams championship) despite the car being strangled by air restrictors

Hopefully the Reiter car will be brought to Le Mans
I just don't see how a team whose woeful state of preparedness and willingness to effectively dump a car (it has been suggested for provenance) after 1 lap can be allowed back again when other entries are not afforded a place. For me - it beggar's belief.
Old 4 Feb 2010, 21:00 (Ref:2626826)   #67
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Very interesting entry list:

- They kept the GT1 class at the expense of a part of P2. Could this decline have a negative effect on P2 entries in LMS?

- As already question, what rules will GT1 go by? Part of the field isn't entered in the FIA GT championship.

- Despite their preference for manufacturers, the selection of Jaguar basically means Gentilozzi paraded a car around for half a year, dragged it out for Laguna and gets into Le Mans. I have doubts, like others, that it will last, but Sebring and Laguna will be good tests

- Quite a few good Ferrari teams have been left out (CRS, Extreme Speed) and a few Porsche teams (Falken Tire, possibly the 2nd Porsche)

- The laughing stock of GT1 is back: bravo JLOC. For ACO's sake, I hope they don't pull another showcase 1 lap car

- Because of the short number of Porsche cars, each of them will be again slightly handicapped against the other teams, like Corvette. The only one that can get by pretty ok is Narac so I hope they stick Henzler and Pilet in that car, if they can't get Bergmeister or Long in there!

- Nice to have the Spyker in there but why did the ACO pick the car with Tim Coronel in it? I'm sure we'll see Tom move in there if the 2nd one doesn't get in so I guess it might end up being Janis and the Coronels

- We could end up seeing Alesi and Fisichella in some of the other Ferraris, if not in the AF Corse car if Bruni is put into the Risi car with Melo.

- After the fake Asian GT2 team last year, they've really invested in Asia.... in the reserves list.

Withdrawal risks?
- Pescarolo? So little has been heard. How bad could their financial problems be?
- Luc Alphand? Like Pescarolo
- Jaguar
- Larbre
I can't really see any others at the moment.

We should have:

- a terrific race in GT2
- 2 terrific races in P1 (the 6 factory diesels and then the rest).
- a pretty good mini race in P2
- a free for all in GT1

Looking forward to June but the 4 prologues (Sebring, Paul Ricard, Laguna Seca, Spa) should be great!
Old 4 Feb 2010, 21:20 (Ref:2626836)   #68
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
On the whole I happy with the list. I with Ayse on the JLOC Lambo they should not be let anywhere near Le Mans ever again after there last 2 efforts. I was very suprised to see the Jag in GT2. It looks like a cracker.
Old 4 Feb 2010, 22:17 (Ref:2626878)   #69
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewF31 View Post
After the fake Asian GT2 team last year
You on about Team Hong Kong Racing?

Tom.
Old 4 Feb 2010, 22:42 (Ref:2626902)   #70
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I notice Dailysportscar's interpretation of the entry list has JLOC using a new Murcielago R-SV. Assuming this is accurate, I don't think we'll see a repeat of '09.
Old 4 Feb 2010, 22:48 (Ref:2626906)   #71
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346 View Post
You on about Team Hong Kong Racing?

Tom.
The Thierry Perrier Endurance Asia team.
Old 5 Feb 2010, 02:04 (Ref:2626990)   #72
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I still don't understand why do team owners have to drive at Le Mans, seriosly wouldnt it mean more to them for their car to win the dam thing! This way every one loses, it was painfull to watch Bergmaister and Overbeek give it everything just to see Naiman drop 10 sec a lap every lap.

I agree that Narac is one of the better gentelmen drivers, he is fast enough to be compared with pro drivers, but he still lacks the speed of, Westbrook, Colard, Bergmailster, Lieb, Henzler, even lietz.

By the way anyone know the minimum time a driver can drive at le mans?

My prediction is that the first 6h in GT2 are going to be apsolutly brutal, probaly going to be the best race ever, BMW, Corvette, Porsche Ferrari will all be within a few sec of each other...........its going to be awsome! and thats why i dont care how, I am going there no matter what
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 5 Feb 2010, 02:08 (Ref:2626991)   #73
hoppelemine
Racer

England
Dorset, UK
hoppelemine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will make a very bold prediction and say the JLOC will not only make the race they will make it to the end and see the chequred flag.
Old 5 Feb 2010, 03:10 (Ref:2627017)   #74
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Just going through the entrylist, I'm impressed with it but with some exclusions.

LMP1-Audi v Peugeot. Should be a good fight. Wonderful to see Dome and Pescarolo back.

LMP2-small field, no Porsches. Highcroft should be strong.

GT1-No Maserati? Wonder why Vitaphone chose not to enter? Odd.. JLOC in-for crying out loud! I know they had auto entry but going on last year's performance they're not deserving. If they bring the new Murcielago SV based car and give it a good shot, all will be forgiven but if they repeat last year's farce then they should be ignored by the ACO. Nice to see Larbre and the ACO have kissed and made up. Hopefully Bouchut drives the Saleen. Good to see LAA on the list-they should win. And finally the Ford GT returns to Le Mans, fantastic.

GT2-This will be as good as LMP1. Awesome. A number of cars that could win the race. Should be nothing short of all out war between Porsche, Ferrari and Corvette, I'm not totally convinced that BMW will at the pointy end though. What's the Jag doing there? I'm all for new manufacturers but I'd rather take a second AF Corse/Spyker then them. And BMS entering a Porsche? What a shame....
Old 5 Feb 2010, 03:51 (Ref:2627026)   #75
Flyin Ryan
Veteran

United States
Carolina del Norte
Flyin Ryan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppelemine View Post
I will make a very bold prediction and say the JLOC will not only make the race they will make it to the end and see the chequred flag.
Careful. Even the best racing Lamborghinis have traditionally had reliability problems.