Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 19 Jun 2012, 20:23 (Ref:3095098)   #26
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i'd rather quit jobs than miss lemans .. so i'll be there

Ciao Marco
Old 19 Jun 2012, 20:44 (Ref:3095109)   #27
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Silly question really, see you all again next year
thinking the same...
Old 19 Jun 2012, 21:25 (Ref:3095132)   #28
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
Elaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridElaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whoop whoop! i shall be there and hopefully get the other half back again, hes now moaning that he didnt get to go so i suppose i better let him along!
Old 20 Jun 2012, 19:00 (Ref:3095613)   #29
Number7
Racer

Denmark
Copenhagen
Number7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No doubt, I'll be there!
Old 21 Jun 2012, 08:00 (Ref:3095806)   #30
Flem
Rookie

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa
Flem should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm hoping to be there next year, my first Le Mans
Old 21 Jun 2012, 10:10 (Ref:3095864)   #31
Entr0py
Rookie

United Kingdom
The Shire
Entr0py should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
First time to Le Mans for me next year
Old 21 Jun 2012, 10:56 (Ref:3095886)   #32
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowyourenemy View Post
congratulations - on your 30th and first Le Mans!

Thanks for the advice - very helpful, i'll also let Mrs Enemy know the happy news about the camping!
thanks, it's not as scary as it sounds - being old, not the camping

and all you newbies, make sure you have time for the tenths meetup! it's really great to have people to compare your experience with so far and get some last minute suggestions about viewing spots. and it's kind of cool to see seasoned veterans as excited about the start as you are
Old 21 Jun 2012, 12:07 (Ref:3095916)   #33
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Upon saying our goodbyes when leaving the hotel on Monday, one of the guys said he has to start his 10 months of negotiations when he gets back, I just looked at the wife and asked if we were coming again next year, she gave me that look that said, are you being stupid or what. I took that as a yes

Plus we'll be at the Classic in a couple of weeks time.
Old 21 Jun 2012, 12:57 (Ref:3095928)   #34
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonGeoff View Post
Upon saying our goodbyes when leaving the hotel on Monday, one of the guys said he has to start his 10 months of negotiations when he gets back, I just looked at the wife and asked if we were coming again next year, she gave me that look that said, are you being stupid or what. I took that as a yes

For some it is clearly easier than for others..........
Old 22 Jun 2012, 00:15 (Ref:3096182)   #35
gregtummer
Veteran

gregtummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonGeoff View Post

What hotel did you guys stay at?

Are there any decent places close to the track? Any places have shuttles to the track?
Old 22 Jun 2012, 12:10 (Ref:3096378)   #36
knowyourenemy
Rookie

Scotland
Glasgow
knowyourenemy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post

and all you newbies, make sure you have time for the tenths meetup! it's really great to have people to compare your experience with so far and get some last minute suggestions about viewing spots. and it's kind of cool to see seasoned veterans as excited about the start as you are
will definately attend the tenths meetup...would be good to meet some of the forumers and share their experiences (and tips!)
Old 22 Jun 2012, 12:59 (Ref:3096389)   #37
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
Are you really saying 30 is old
Old 22 Jun 2012, 13:15 (Ref:3096399)   #38
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Are you really saying 30 is old
it is when you're almost totally convinced you're still 21, yes
Old 22 Jun 2012, 15:50 (Ref:3096456)   #39
johntt
Veteran

England
England
johntt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will be there in 2013 all being well

Will be my 13 time as well only years i've missed it since 1998 are 04, 06 and 2011
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." -Ayrton Senna
Old 22 Jun 2012, 19:25 (Ref:3096542)   #40
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
that was my 27th visit so in lemans years I am still under 30
Old 22 Jun 2012, 19:27 (Ref:3096544)   #41
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Was that your 27th as well Simon? Snap!
Old 22 Jun 2012, 19:32 (Ref:3096549)   #42
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
that means we can celebrate our 30th birthday together in 2015
Old 22 Jun 2012, 20:50 (Ref:3096582)   #43
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oh how do i feel young currently
Being aged 21, and 1 in Le Mans years.
(I'm saying this in fear of consequences )
Old 22 Jun 2012, 23:23 (Ref:3096614)   #44
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Oh how do i feel young currently
Being aged 21, and 1 in Le Mans years.
(I'm saying this in fear of consequences )
Wouldn't worry about consequences mate - I'm still a Le Mans kindergartener at 6 while considerably older than that in meatspace.

Flip it on its head and I think most of us are envious of what you'll get to really enjoy when we're all terribly decrepit.

Part of the magic of Le Mans is how there are themes you can really get to grips with over a long period, and how you that long view enables you to take things in your stride. The nadir (or rebirth?) of 1993 came round when I was 21, and just look at how much excitement we've had since then.

Last edited by isynge; 22 Jun 2012 at 23:23. Reason: grammar
Old 25 Jun 2012, 21:08 (Ref:3098047)   #45
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Started counting down the day I got back home. Planning for a whole week again next year.
Old 26 Jun 2012, 20:43 (Ref:3098640)   #46
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entr0py View Post
First time to Le Mans for me next year
Nice one lad. Beware visiting the Le Mans 24 hrs will get you infected with virus for live !

For me it'll be my 18th consecutive visit. 20th if one counts the 2 Classics I attended...

Still. when camping at Expo this year, we arrived in the early Wednesday morning and found an elderly english couple as our neighbours. They were perfectly happy being there with just the two of them. Turned out he'd never missed one since 1976...

Last edited by GTfour; 26 Jun 2012 at 20:52. Reason: Added text. ;-)
Old 27 Jun 2012, 12:52 (Ref:3098936)   #47
Alexander Matveev
Rookie

Russian Federation
Moscow
Alexander Matveev should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have my hopes to visit Le Mans quite often, so I'd say I'd like to be there in 2013, but more so in 2014.
Old 27 Jun 2012, 22:59 (Ref:3099194)   #48
Steptoe
Racer

England
10618 miles from Le Mans - NSW Australia
Steptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Alas unless the Lotto pays out my trips will be every two years so next year I will be relying on the internet / TV. But I will be there in spirit
Old 27 Jun 2012, 23:05 (Ref:3099197)   #49
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Matveev View Post
I have my hopes to visit Le Mans quite often, so I'd say I'd like to be there in 2013, but more so in 2014.
I will be attending next year for I don't know any better, but I too am looking forward to 2014. As it stands now, with any luck, we'll have the factories of Audi, Porsche, Toyota, Mazda and maybe even Nissan competing against eachother. '98, '99 all over again.
Old 28 Jun 2012, 11:04 (Ref:3099366)   #50
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour View Post
As it stands now, with any luck, we'll have the factories of Audi, Porsche, Toyota, Mazda and maybe even Nissan competing against eachother. '98, '99 all over again.
Definitely admire your optimism. You missed out the most likely second Japanese manufacturer in Honda but who knows.

I'd love to think that there is someone else just waiting in the wings ready to announce something.