Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 27 Jun 2004, 14:09 (Ref:1017531)   #1
alesi95
Veteran

alesi95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Moto gp: who will win races this year?

Sete and Vale are having their way at the front this year. so who do you think will also win races this year or do you think they will do what Troy and Colin did in Superbikes in 2002 and domminate.

I think Barros and Biaggi will squeeze at least one piece.
Biaggi at Brno especially.

Maybe Melandri or Checa too.
Old 27 Jun 2004, 14:36 (Ref:1017556)   #2
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think Biaggi will win one or two, and I wouldn't rule out Edwards or Hayden either - they've definately go tthe pace. Melandri seems more likely than Checa, and I can see him taking at least one win later on in the season. Ducati aren't out of the hunt either.
Old 27 Jun 2004, 16:22 (Ref:1017600)   #3
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i can't see anybody beating both Sete and Rossi .. they could separate them . but not more ..

Ciao Marco
Old 27 Jun 2004, 16:30 (Ref:1017604)   #4
300kph
Racer

300kph should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope Loris can have one win before the season ends...
Old 27 Jun 2004, 16:42 (Ref:1017612)   #5
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'd put Checa and Melandri in for a win, Biaggi is past it and should go back where he belongs in the 250's.
Old 27 Jun 2004, 16:46 (Ref:1017616)   #6
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If Biaggi can regain confidence in his machine, then he'll bag a couple of wins by seasons end. Barros should already be on the winners list - why he hasn't won yet on a works Honda is beyond me. No other Honda really has a look in, unless Tamada can nick one...

As for Yamaha, Melandri is getting more confident with each race. He could spring a surprise if the opportunity arose.

I'd like to say Ducati could win, but it's looking increasingly doubtful.

No wins, but Kawasaki will crack a podium by seasons end.
Old 27 Jun 2004, 17:06 (Ref:1017642)   #7
x_dt
Veteran

England
Manchester, UK
x_dt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Biaggi - it'd be a surprise if he didn't win at least once at some point or other.

Melandri - on current form he looks good for a win or two.

Barros - should win races; could have won Assen.

Edwards - possible winner if he gets the bike to his liking.

Tamada - he had potential race winning pace in the Mugello race. Assuming Bridgestone avoid a repeat of their tyre problems there will be races that suit them and then Tamada will be well placed to win.

Checa/Hayden - outside chance.

Works Ducatis - outside chance if they find their form.

Everyone else - wins unlikely unless they have a lot of luck.

Old 27 Jun 2004, 22:39 (Ref:1018196)   #8
alesi95
Veteran

alesi95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry to say but Ducati look like they're just carrying on from their Cagiva days..........Bring back John Kochinski!
Old 28 Jun 2004, 06:11 (Ref:1018360)   #9
TheMan
Racer

TheMan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Biaggi struggling for confidence, what a joke. It is simple as I have said all along, He is not good enough. He whinged at Yamaha when he was there that he didn`t have the bike, Get me on a Honda he cried and then I will show you what I can do. Well Max you are showing us, and we are so impressed. I almost feel sorry for him.

On the question of race wins, I beleive that Barros will definately win, If he can stay on the machine.

Maybe Melandri can win, If he keeps chipping away at the podium like he is at the moment then a win will come with that.

Checa maybe, But I think unlikely.

Hayden was fast at Assen for a short period, We are yet to see if he can put a whole race together, I think highly unlikeley.

The rest I think only Tamada has proven that he can race with these guys this year, maybe Edwards, Caporossi etc, but highly unlikely.

I also agree with f1manoz, that Kawasaki may just slip a podium in this year. What an awesome turn around of speed for them. They must be delighted. If they can get there race pace sorted then it is a possibility.

Last edited by TheMan; 28 Jun 2004 at 06:13.
Old 28 Jun 2004, 06:54 (Ref:1018379)   #10
Winther
Racer

Winther should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah a Kwak may rise this season, Nakano is great!!
Melandri will defently do something this year, a few of the older riders should get the boot now, some of those new 250 riders looks like they have the goods to deliver next season!!

Last edited by Winther; 28 Jun 2004 at 06:55.
Old 29 Jun 2004, 18:28 (Ref:1020433)   #11
x_dt
Veteran

England
Manchester, UK
x_dt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To widen the discussion somewhat ; who will win races in the 125 and 250cc classes that hasn't done so already?

250s:
Pedrosa and the 2 Aprilia riders to have won so far (de Puniet and Porto) on current form will probably carve up most of the remaining races between them.
Elias beat de Puniet in Assen; possibly he will yet win this year. Hiroshi Aoyama hasn't been on the winning pace so far though he could be a factor in any wet races (going on his all too brief Jerez performance) and could be up there at his home race (Motegi).
Not to say that Poggiali won't win though he hasn't looked like doing so yet and who would have predicted that this year?

125s:
Possibly there will be a few more winners before the season is out. Of those Casey Stoner would be a good bet to win 1 race minimum. Pablo Nieto as well; possibly Jenkner.
Old 29 Jun 2004, 20:39 (Ref:1020620)   #12
Tweed
Veteran

Wales
North Wales
Tweed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If we get conditions like Mugello then Xaus has more chance of winning than the works boys.

Tamada at Motegi, and hopefully Checa somewhere!
Old 29 Jun 2004, 20:54 (Ref:1020654)   #13
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
All that's really stopping Kawasaki challenge for the podium is their awful starts (for both bikes). Tamada has a chance if we reach a Bridgestone-favouring track
Old 30 Jun 2004, 05:19 (Ref:1020968)   #14
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
MotoGP:

Biaggi is the best of the rest, so if someone is going to grace us with a non-VR-SG win is him. Of the rest a win would be a fluke. But flukes exist!, so if there is a suitable wet race Barros or Checa can win.

Melandri is doing well, but basically he has done well in the last two races. I don't think in pace he can win over Sete and Vale this season, so he needs a specialized scenario to win, but I don't think what type of circuit/weather can favour him.

For the title everithing is Vale-Sete.

250cc:

Pedrosa, Puniet and Porto are in a different level respect the rest. The exception is Elias, who is quick and brave. He can join the other three at least in some races. He is my main "bet" for another winner. Of course Rolfo is already a winner, he could repeat in another wet race.

For the title it is very close among Pedrosa, Puniet and Porto.

125cc:

In this "mad" category many things can happen, but I think the rider who has more numbers in the lottery is Stoner. Other reasonable shots are Jenkner and even Pablo Nieto (in Valencia?).

Title race looks to be for Dovizioso and Loca, but I don't discount yet Barbera. He is fast and relatively experienced, and as most of spaniards and italians riders, he is very determined when fighting in a race.
Old 30 Jun 2004, 13:50 (Ref:1021464)   #15
Pitbabe
Racer

England
Grove, Oxfordshire
Pitbabe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In MotoGP, maybe Melandri has a chance and perhaps Biaggi or Barros. Other than that, I can't really see anyone getting in on the Vale/Sete double-act.

In 250cc, I hope the Pog manages a win or two, and in 125cc, Stoner.
Old 1 Jul 2004, 13:20 (Ref:1022512)   #16
Bleu
Veteran

Finland
Espoo, Finland
Bleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, I think we got 1 or 2 more winners in MotoGP. Barros could win if he stays on the track, as will Max. Melandri is best of the Yamahas if not including Rossi. Possibly we see Sete and Vale taking each other out in some race?

In 250s Honda has been better this year compared to last year, so that can bring Elias on top. On a track like Sachsenring he could have a chance. Poggiali has been biggest disappoitment of the season including all categories. Possibly he will win one or two. De Angelis could also win if he has luck.

In 125 I think Stoner will win at least one race, Jenkner, Nieto and Kallio are in the group that I believe at least one will win. Then a wet race can bring some surprise winner also, like it did in Australia last year.