Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 17 Feb 2014, 09:44 (Ref:3369292)   #1426
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
it will not attract financial backing
Name me one LMP1 privateer who currently is running a team with any real sponsorship and not money from their own endeavour outside of motorsport.

The fact that they made it this far is surprising, and his team's run in the 2011 24 Hours of Le Mans before the crash at the Porsche Curves is something to behold. Henri has no Swiss watches or Muscle Milk to sell and is not a real estate mogul, and the sponsor he had difficulty with has now pulled out of the sport all together along with Oreca's program in LMP1.

Not to mention France itself isn't exactly in it's finest position right now especially if you're trying to run any kind of business that doesn't involve government contracts.

Last edited by FordCosworthPanoz; 17 Feb 2014 at 09:51.
Old 17 Feb 2014, 10:08 (Ref:3369297)   #1427
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
i agree most teams are running without huge backing but even the limited backing requires something in return and careful management something that Henri was not able to do, that is why he struggled IMHO
Old 17 Feb 2014, 10:20 (Ref:3369301)   #1428
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
Creation Autosport
Charouz Racing Team
Epsilon Euskadi
Dome Racing
Signature Plus
Kolles Audi
De Ferran Motorsport
Rollcentre Racing
Autocon Motorsport
Intersport Racing
Highcroft Racing
Drayson Racing
Team LNT
Beechdean
Aston Martin Racing
Matmut Oreca
Peugeot Sport Total
Quifel ASM
Strakka Racing
JRM Motorsport
Dyson Racing
Muscle Milk Pickett Racing
Pescarolo Sport

Any bets on who gets added to this list next? My bet is the new Lotus team.

Sad day but an expected one.
You could add Jan Lammers' Racing for Holland on that list as well....
Old 17 Feb 2014, 10:50 (Ref:3369308)   #1429
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You could write big lists for any of the classes.

Unless you are works-backed it is very hard to stay in the game over a long period of time.

The difference is a lot of those listed teams were adaptable and still exist. There seemed like there was a bit of an 'all or nothing' mentality at Pescarolo.
Old 17 Feb 2014, 12:54 (Ref:3369334)   #1430
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post

The difference is a lot of those listed teams were adaptable and still exist. There seemed like there was a bit of an 'all or nothing' mentality at Pescarolo.
Well, I do agree with you there. Never understood why Henri was so content on running in LMP1 when he very clearly didn't have the budget to do so. P2 seems like it should have been such a bigger attraction for that team but I guess stubborn ol'Henri wanted to play with the big dogs in the F1 Lites class for the overall victory. Perhaps his close loss in 2005 drove him to attempt to win Le Mans as a team beyond realistic expectations?

As for list sizes, in other classes teams come and go. For the most part in LMP1 post-2008, teams go.
Old 17 Feb 2014, 13:51 (Ref:3369345)   #1431
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
In LMP1 only Audi and Rebellion are left
Old 17 Feb 2014, 15:17 (Ref:3369360)   #1432
Pontlieue
Racer

Pontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sure, since 2008, many LMP1 teams have left. But on the other hand, 9 LMP1 on track at Silverstone will be the highest number of LMP1 cars competing in a race since Le Mans 2011. And those numbers are likely to grow in 2015. I think the class is slowly recovering.

Some poeple, including me, were a bit over-optimistic when all those new projects were announced, but 9 full-season entries are already a huge improvement over the just 4 LMP1 cars at Sao Paulo last year.

With Nissan likely joining next year, the only thing LMP1 lacks are 1-2 additional privateers, in my opinion.
Old 17 Feb 2014, 16:10 (Ref:3369369)   #1433
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah if we could get Nissan to push the button, some form of HPD programme, a Perrin and maybe OAK revisiting their car - we'd be in dreamland.

It's always a big IF year-on-year that the manufacturers stay, but the sun is breaking through the dark clouds I'd say.

Not that it's any comfort to Pesca.
Old 17 Feb 2014, 17:14 (Ref:3369385)   #1434
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
I realize that, the point I was trying to make is that Henri is not alone in his issues and actually did better than most with a similar finances, and not that LMP1 is doomed or whatever. It's just you can't expect to run an LMP1 team off real sponsorship any more and Henri's traditional model of such is a dying practice that is now completely absent from the grid.

With two VAG squads essentially guaranteed for now, the class should be fine until the next inevitable global financial crisis.
Old 25 Mar 2014, 23:45 (Ref:3384407)   #1435
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
http://www.motorsport-total.com/wec/...-14032401.html has an interview with Henri Pescarolo.
Old 16 Jan 2022, 09:38 (Ref:4093971)   #1436
blankfile
Racer

blankfile should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So during the virtual le mans broadcast there was some information from team Pescarolo that is participating in that. They are intending for a full time WEC entry from next year on!

No idea how or if Henri is involved.
Old 16 Jan 2022, 15:28 (Ref:4094002)   #1437
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by blankfile View Post
So during the virtual le mans broadcast there was some information from team Pescarolo that is participating in that. They are intending for a full time WEC entry from next year on!

No idea how or if Henri is involved.
Entry in Virtual WEC or the real deal?
Old 16 Jan 2022, 15:54 (Ref:4094006)   #1438
blankfile
Racer

blankfile should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
Entry in Virtual WEC or the real deal?
from what i understood it was the real deal.
Also the virtual series is not called WEC and he specifically said WEC without mentioning anything virtual.

The guys that do the laser scanning for formula e teams is behind this.

it was around midnight in the stream when they talked to them.
Old 16 Jan 2022, 17:38 (Ref:4094016)   #1439
Tique
Racer

France
Paris
Tique should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I heard the interview. They are indeed trying to resurect Pescarolo Sport but there are still a lots of things to do...
I thionk we are still far away from having Pescarolo Sport on the track
Old 16 Jan 2022, 23:52 (Ref:4094069)   #1440
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tique View Post
I heard the interview. They are indeed trying to resurect Pescarolo Sport but there are still a lots of things to do...
I thionk we are still far away from having Pescarolo Sport on the track
I'll believe it when I see it, but very much am not holding breath. I have a Pescarolo Sport shirt from 2007 that I proudly wear to Waitrose, I loved the spirit they brought to Le Mans when it was needed, and I love what Henri Pescarolo did as a driver.
Now if Onroak/Ligier decided to do an LMPDH or similar and stuck a Pescarolo badge on the front, that's a totally different story.
Old 18 Jan 2022, 09:30 (Ref:4094223)   #1441
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
I'll believe it when I see it, but very much am not holding breath. I have a Pescarolo Sport shirt from 2007 that I proudly wear to Waitrose, I loved the spirit they brought to Le Mans when it was needed, and I love what Henri Pescarolo did as a driver.
Now if Onroak/Ligier decided to do an LMPDH or similar and stuck a Pescarolo badge on the front, that's a totally different story.
Plot-twist: a recent archaeological discovery in La Sarthe reveals the 'h' in LMDh stands for 'Henri' as in 'Henri Pescarolo.'

It was the plan all along...
Old 16 Feb 2023, 17:45 (Ref:4143923)   #1442
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Tom908V12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pescarolo BACK in 2024 WEC + Le Mans with a Peugeot 9X8

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/n...fort-for-2024/
Old 16 Feb 2023, 18:38 (Ref:4143928)   #1443
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom908V12 View Post

Nice story, but sadly it has absolutely nothing to do with Henri.......
Old 16 Feb 2023, 18:53 (Ref:4143930)   #1444
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
I think it's great we'll see a privateer Hypercar and under such an iconic name joining the fray! Yes, it's not Henri's team but it will put him and his former team back in the spotlight and that wouldn't have happened if the team was named differently (and there are plenty of unknown team names out there nowadays).

The first privateer Hypercar entry is also very significant and let's hope we'll see more of those. I applaud Peugeot for following Porsche's lead, might it be an inspiration for the other LMH/LMDh manufacturers!
Old 16 Feb 2023, 20:07 (Ref:4143941)   #1445
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I totally agree, just a little sad that Henri now has no connection with the team that is carrying his name. Not that this is particularly unusual, but it's such an iconic Le Mans name....
Old 16 Feb 2023, 21:03 (Ref:4143949)   #1446
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Now we just need Rondeau, Welter and Courage to return!
Old 16 Feb 2023, 21:09 (Ref:4143950)   #1447
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, Henri was getting on in years, so he got out while the team could be more than a name in history. Glad to see it will be the flagbearer for France in this the most famous of races.
Old 16 Feb 2023, 22:48 (Ref:4143960)   #1448
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom908V12 View Post

I'll be happy to kick the excitement up a notch once they've got their funding in place.
Old 17 Feb 2023, 16:23 (Ref:4144036)   #1449
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I'll be happy to kick the excitement up a notch once they've got their funding in place.
I agree on this.
Old 17 Feb 2023, 17:48 (Ref:4144044)   #1450
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If it isnt white, green, blue with Playstation branding then whats the point?