Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 6 Sep 2010, 11:35 (Ref:2755116)   #51
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is there only 1 works Peugeout ??? Also, what about the R10's. Were they LM24 Only ??
Old 6 Sep 2010, 15:32 (Ref:2755233)   #52
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by LC2guy View Post
Is there only 1 works Peugeout ???
Yes.

Also, what about the R10's. Were they LM24 Only ??
There was 1 at the Ricard race and 2 at Spa.

L.P.
Old 6 Sep 2010, 15:44 (Ref:2755238)   #53
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
There was 1 at the Ricard race and 2 at Spa.
No, the R10s only came out for Le Mans this year (Kolles was too busy "running" Hispania in F1). As for R15s, there was one at Ricard... but three at Spa.
Old 6 Sep 2010, 15:54 (Ref:2755242)   #54
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes, my bad. I was thinking werks not Kolles. And it was 3 at Spa.

L.P.
Old 6 Sep 2010, 18:55 (Ref:2755335)   #55
Richard B
Racer

United Kingdom
Oxford
Richard B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Wooshy View Post
What I liked about 2008 I spoke to so many people who had never turned or seen sportscar's before, and explained they enjoyed it so much, especially being able to walk around for the duration. .
Originally Posted by Yakuncha
Was no problem last year, getting in or out, then again there were no free tickets thrown about like confetti!

In 2008 both Peugeot and Audi invited most of their dealers and many customers, their support added to the event (especially Peugeot). As Mike suggests many had never been to a sportscar race before and dare I say even a motor race before, some of these may well have been "converted" to our passion.
These manufacturers should be congratulated not criticised.
Old 6 Sep 2010, 18:59 (Ref:2755337)   #56
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, I'm all for a decent crowd - it adds to the atmosphere - and if the teams/manufacturers can help people to understand that there is life - and actually much better 'life' - beyond F1, that sounds like good news to me. All I need now is to find someone at Audi UK to give me a freebie.......
Old 6 Sep 2010, 19:12 (Ref:2755346)   #57
Richard B
Racer

United Kingdom
Oxford
Richard B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Or Peugeot?.........
Old 6 Sep 2010, 20:07 (Ref:2755383)   #58
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Weather.com predicts rain most of the weekend up until raceday. Hopefully there will be some dry running before the race.
Old 6 Sep 2010, 20:20 (Ref:2755390)   #59
manthey
Racer

manthey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Weather.com predicts rain most of the weekend up until raceday. Hopefully there will be some dry running before the race.
also to make a comparison-difference with 2010 F1 track-times
Old 6 Sep 2010, 20:32 (Ref:2755397)   #60
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Pole position time difference was 12 seconds at Spa on a 105-second lap for F1 cars, and 14 seconds at the Hungaroring for a 78-second lap... since Silverstone is more of a fast circuit, I'd say... since the F1 pole lap was 1:29, I'm expecting LMP1 times(at least for the Pug and Audi) to be somewhere in the region of 1:41-1:45. F1 laps were lengthened by 9-10 seconds, LMP1s should feel a similar effect, and the pole time at the '09 1000k was a 1:32.
Old 7 Sep 2010, 12:15 (Ref:2755650)   #61
LeMans.pt
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
LeMans.pt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny_GT2 View Post
Eurosport boys said they would get up to 4 hours of coverage @ Hungary, or maybe I was hearing things!
Here in Portugal, Eurosport is announcing 4 hours in her website:
11:30|12:45 — Eurosport
12:45|15:30 — Eurosport 2
16:45|18:00 — Eurosport

...but, it´s not the first time that they announce covering the middle and race, at Eurosport 2, and then... zero! Can someone explain me with they have different schedules for different countries? The main eurosport chanel is in Portuguese language, but channel 2 in the English version. Why isn't English Eurosport 2 showing the race... in England?
Old 7 Sep 2010, 15:09 (Ref:2755738)   #62
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
German Eurosport 2 is scheduled to cover 2 1/2 hours mid-race....fingers crossed that it's true!
Old 7 Sep 2010, 15:32 (Ref:2755753)   #63
carsten66
Veteran

Germany
Heidelberg, Germany
carsten66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMans.pt View Post
Here in Portugal, Eurosport is announcing 4 hours in her website:
11:30|12:45 — Eurosport
12:45|15:30 — Eurosport 2
16:45|18:00 — Eurosport

...but, it´s not the first time that they announce covering the middle and race, at Eurosport 2, and then... zero! Can someone explain me with they have different schedules for different countries? The main eurosport chanel is in Portuguese language, but channel 2 in the English version. Why isn't English Eurosport 2 showing the race... in England?
... it's hopeless to lookout for someone outside the Eurosport universe who gets an idea what they are thinking or have in mind...

Old 7 Sep 2010, 15:41 (Ref:2755756)   #64
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I dont understand how Eurosport are showing more coverage of the British round in Germany and Portugal whilst in England we get the first hour of the race.
Old 7 Sep 2010, 15:56 (Ref:2755760)   #65
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
I dont understand how Eurosport are showing more coverage of the British round in Germany and Portugal whilst in England we get the first hour of the race.
The LMS needs to go to on the net with a stream and RSL/RLM doing the commentary. Hindy would certainly bring it to a boil!!

L.P.
Old 7 Sep 2010, 17:08 (Ref:2755796)   #66
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard B View Post
Or Peugeot?.........
Or whoever - I'm not proud when it comes to freebies........
Old 7 Sep 2010, 19:57 (Ref:2755889)   #67
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Planet le mans is reporting that - as predicted - the Atlas Saleen won't take part in Silverstone round. They did have a second car with older GT1 specs, but apparently other teams (or a team ) rejected the idea to run that. No wonder why.

Let's see if they bother to show up at Petit.
Old 7 Sep 2010, 20:11 (Ref:2755901)   #68
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Planet le mans is reporting that - as predicted - the Atlas Saleen won't take part in Silverstone round. They did have a second car with older GT1 specs, but apparently other teams (or a team ) rejected the idea to run that. No wonder why.

Let's see if they bother to show up at Petit.
The GT1 class in LMS has pretty much been run as an exhibition this year, so I think it is pretty poor that the "other" team didn't want them to run. Do they really care if the car isn't quite up to spec? It's not like they are in a championship hunt with them...
Old 7 Sep 2010, 20:16 (Ref:2755904)   #69
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
The GT1 class in LMS has pretty much been run as an exhibition this year, so I think it is pretty poor that the "other" team didn't want them to run. Do they really care if the car isn't quite up to spec? It's not like they are in a championship hunt with them...

I disagree. It has run as a full class and is scored as such, it should run to the rules!

L.P.
Old 7 Sep 2010, 20:18 (Ref:2755907)   #70
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Do they really care if the car isn't quite up to spec? It's not like they are in a championship hunt with them...
I guess Labre doesn't want to "risk" it, after all the heavily downgraded 2010-spec Saleen they're running at the moment perhaps couldn't survive against slightly "older spec" GT1 But yeah, it's a bit ludicrous...
Old 7 Sep 2010, 21:03 (Ref:2755932)   #71
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
I disagree. It has run as a full class and is scored as such, it should run to the rules!

L.P.
I agree, rules are rules. But there is always wiggle room, like allowing petrol P1 machines larger restrictors mid season. The same thinking could be applied here with the "older" Saleen. I guess there is no worries about filling grids here, so the LMS could take or leave an extra GT1.

Could Labre be concerned about the ILMC title? that could explain why they didn't want a non-spec car competing with them.
Old 7 Sep 2010, 22:23 (Ref:2755964)   #72
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
I think Atlas should've been allowed to run with an older car-IF Larbre could do the same.

As much as I'd like to see some competition in GT1 I can see where Larbre are coming from.
Old 8 Sep 2010, 14:25 (Ref:2756193)   #73
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Weather forecast seems to be improving. Chance of rain on Friday, light rain Saturday, but Sunday is now looking fine and not too windy. Of course, that'll all change between now and the weekend!
Old 8 Sep 2010, 17:12 (Ref:2756275)   #74
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I think I need to bring a little Le Mans weather spirit to this thread - 'rain, wot rain?' Rain in England in September, never heard such a thing!
Old 8 Sep 2010, 17:47 (Ref:2756297)   #75
Nick49
Racer

England
Hampshire, UK
Nick49 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And who could forget the monsoon weather in 2005!

Nick