Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 21 Sep 2007, 18:11 (Ref:2019932)   #376
jna
Racer

jna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jase
I'm just trying to support the Ladies and Gents who worked long hours over the weekend (ok, so they're paid to - but even so), they're not here to defend themselves.
Very admirable, but in connection with my point of view, which you must agree has been supported by others on this forum, and indirectly by the spectators who queued, you are defending the indefensible.

The staff chose to do the work (I don't care if they do work long hours) and if they get it wrong I and others have a right to express some criticism. You know better than me and weren't inconvenienced. If or when I go again to Silverstone I shall make a point of checking in advance.

OK, so you believe we should have been aware that the Walk was a corporate or whatever event. Fine, but an events organiser with some common sense and experience would have been proactive in putting up a sign or two near the entrance saying "don't queue etc. etc." to avoid what happened - and I dare you to say that no one could have foreseen......... because that would be quite.......

I trust my comments are seen as fair in an attempt to wind up this matter?

Turning to the subject of where to hold the next LMS race, and regardless of the issues with pits and narrow track space, I sincerely hope it goes back to Donnington. It is further away from my home, but as a venue for the spectator with its wonderful views from inside the track it is much more enjoyable place to see a race. Silverstone is still an old airfield to me!
Old 21 Sep 2007, 19:48 (Ref:2020025)   #377
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
The Pit Lane - closed to all except certain personnel - ie requires an extra pass to be there.
Not really. I wandered in and out of the pit-lane/garages on both Saturday and Sunday - unchallenged. Being the decent sort I am, I didn't get in the way of anyone or anything.

I had certainly understood there to be a pitwalk available to non special pass holders. I had no intention of going on it. Whatever we may say, there was ambiguity, and that isn't good for Silverstone or the ACO.
Old 21 Sep 2007, 19:50 (Ref:2020027)   #378
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jna
I trust my comments are seen as fair in an attempt to wind up this matter?
Certainly for me. Both points of view have been well argued. Let's move on guys.......
Old 22 Sep 2007, 20:28 (Ref:2020625)   #379
SebringMG
Veteran

United Kingdom
SebringMG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Donington will NOT happen as the pits are inadequate and too small in capacity! Whatever silverstones flaws it is the only circuit capable of handling the 50+ cars of the LMS!
Old 23 Sep 2007, 09:25 (Ref:2020841)   #380
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
henk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhenk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
A Grand job from my perspective. The people on the gate are Security. Perhaps you should write to Events Management to complain about their staff doing their job, but not going that extra bit for you/the people in the queue as you seem to believe they should.
Not such a grand job actually, as the Organisers told Security whom to let in and whom not, but they failed to convey that message properly to the individual staff members.
I have attended the series wearing an official media jacket, an all (6) events pass which gives access to Paddock-Pits-Track, and yet twice staff members stopped me as the word "pitlane" was not on my pass. They had a piece of paper showing all the passes and the "pitlane" passes had a red rim while mine was blue.
After my complaints in the media center the LeMans Series Organisers talked again with security and obviously it was settled. Later on one security member tried to remove me from the pitlane again whilest clearing after the pitwalk.... I "mentally" showed him the finger and stayed where I was....
Old 23 Sep 2007, 09:35 (Ref:2020846)   #381
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
henk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhenk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
Certainly for me. Both points of view have been well argued. Let's move on guys.......
sorry to just having reopened the point, but I thought a contribution from "press" perspective would be constructive too....(and I actually had not read your post...)
Old 30 Sep 2007, 00:14 (Ref:2026148)   #382
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't know if you know but; pictures at www.flickr.com/photos/jymp

I don't have an issue with security guards; they do as they are told.

We were kicked out of the media stand at Copse, but I have no gripes as they were told to do it, it is not their job to pick and choose.

Good job, guys. The pitlane thing is crap, and always is as noone is ever allowed in. Let it go.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 06:07 (Ref:2026418)   #383
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimangler
I don't know if you know but; pictures at www.flickr.com/photos/jymp

I don't have an issue with security guards; they do as they are told.

We were kicked out of the media stand at Copse, but I have no gripes as they were told to do it, it is not their job to pick and choose.

Good job, guys. The pitlane thing is crap, and always is as noone is ever allowed in. Let it go.
Media (which I happen to be part of) are allowed in the pitlane, although some security guards were not aware (being told)...
Old 30 Sep 2007, 07:44 (Ref:2026555)   #384
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old 30 Sep 2007, 08:47 (Ref:2026599)   #385
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Old 30 Sep 2007, 12:43 (Ref:2026773)   #386
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
haha.

were we a little angry, Henk?

chiiiiill, winstooon.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 13:00 (Ref:2026796)   #387
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
In terms of venues Silverstone for me.

Better track for protos, better facilities, better promotion.

The only thing donington has going for it are falls and rises and grass.

Silverstone is way better...
Old 1 Oct 2007, 04:27 (Ref:2027517)   #388
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by brielga
can we stop talking in cartoons please? Let's try to keep pretending that these forums are somehow serious....
Old 1 Oct 2007, 05:43 (Ref:2027546)   #389
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll say it loud and clear then and very serious: STOP FLOGGING A DEAD HORSE!!!

Was that now 100% clear? It is about the 6th time that the subject that you were not allowed in the pitlane is revived. Now brielga over and out on this thread.......................

Last edited by brielga; 1 Oct 2007 at 05:45.
Old 1 Oct 2007, 08:03 (Ref:2027611)   #390
jna
Racer

jna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There were public pit lane walks in the WSC days as I have pictures that I took. So why not now?

We all know that F1 would quite happily race behind closed doors with the great unwashed (yes me included if I was at all interested in that industry) viewing on pay tv. Sports car racing must not go down that route. The LMS, ACO or whomsoever is the deciding body must understand that there is a need to 'involve' the fans. Yes, it's fine to have an autograph session, but to many of the paying public at this genre of racing 'the car's the star'.

I was looking forward in particular to a close-up of the Peugeots and felt very disappointed - and I won't let go of the fact that without a shadow of a doubt the arrangements were badly handled by the management on the day.
Old 1 Oct 2007, 13:59 (Ref:2027913)   #391
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Ah, you were kicked out of the 'PRESS ONLY' stand as well???
Shucks, me n minime were there too, on Saturday.
Did you note the spectator fliks bawling out the Press PG fella who was in a locked grandstand next door as well?
Nice to see John Turner again, in the paddock,Sunday morning, though.
Thanks for the punch John, I owe you one!

I thoroughly enjoyed all 3 days I was there, but felt more effort could go into telling us out on the circuit just what is going on? I cannot see why they couldn;t use the 1,2,3 lights on the class leaders at least?
But the fight for 2nd at the end livened things up.
Old 3 Oct 2007, 19:51 (Ref:2030193)   #392
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
Charouz deserved it...we was robbed.