Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 30 Oct 2022, 10:22 (Ref:4132031)   #201
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Random question - has anyone tried renting a scooter during the race? There was a rental shop in the paddock this year I noticed but wasn't sure whether they rented them out to pure punters. Would make getting around a breeze.
Old 30 Oct 2022, 12:39 (Ref:4132043)   #202
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
There is a bus stop just next to the bridge, so the walk to the general area at Porsche Curves is reasonably accessible.
OK, that's food for thought. I'm still a shuttle bus virgin, having always had use of a car and having witnessed the queues and heard tales of very long waits has left me reluctant to use them. However, a trip out to the Porsche Curves on one of the practice days quite appeals, for one of those long and meaningless (to me) practice sessions we now have due to the new Hyperpole qualifying format. Thank you.
Old 30 Oct 2022, 14:09 (Ref:4132058)   #203
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Last year I used the service from Porsche Curves to Arnage which took around an hour including queing. I also used it to go up to the Museum which was a little less waiting time.
Old 30 Oct 2022, 18:16 (Ref:4132070)   #204
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
There is a bus stop just next to the bridge, so the walk to the general area at Porsche Curves is reasonably accessible.
It's also not too much of a walk from the entrance opposite Blanc parking to the publicly accessible bank of Porsche Curves. This year I got the train thing, for which I had quite a long wait at a stop that's already quite a way from the main drag. Walking back was considerably quicker than getting there.
Old 30 Oct 2022, 20:33 (Ref:4132093)   #205
crooky
Racer

crooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcrooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just looking into tickets today... Have all the grandstand seats really sold out already? Or are we in the ACO members phase or something similar?
Old 30 Oct 2022, 21:06 (Ref:4132101)   #206
traygerr
Rookie

traygerr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Going with my son this year - our first. We've booked on a bus from London with Select Motor Racing.

Anyone here no anything about them? I realize this is a dumb time to ask, but...
Old 31 Oct 2022, 08:33 (Ref:4132158)   #207
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thought there were lots of large blocks of GS tickets unavailable in some grandstands when ACO members sales opened (18 Oct Tuesday) and few very GS tickets left after first few days of general sale.

So some ticket operators may have some still, but they probably being overwhelmed with private/public camping enquiries and May hold GS allocation until they’ve sold as many ‘packages’ again. Some forums do have an unwanted tickets section too.

GS tickets not required pre-Saturday for general acces to stands either (apart from 17 & 18) I believe.
Old 31 Oct 2022, 09:28 (Ref:4132169)   #208
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crooky View Post
Just looking into tickets today... Have all the grandstand seats really sold out already? Or are we in the ACO members phase or something similar?
I'm sure the agencies have their allocation, and I'm guessing that some seats will pop up from time to time as people decline their standing order.

And I'm also guessing that there will be some extra stands put up to cater for the demand, not sure where though.
Old 31 Oct 2022, 09:30 (Ref:4132171)   #209
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonGeoff View Post
And I'm also guessing that there will be some extra stands put up to cater for the demand, not sure where though.
I doubt that. Corporate stuff maybe....
Old 31 Oct 2022, 09:31 (Ref:4132173)   #210
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by traygerr View Post
Going with my son this year - our first. We've booked on a bus from London with Select Motor Racing.

Anyone here no anything about them? I realize this is a dumb time to ask, but...
I've never heard of them before, but a Google search suggests that they've got plenty of experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL17 View Post

GS tickets not required pre-Saturday for general acces to stands either (apart from 17 & 18) I believe.
Correct. (Or at least, it always has been). The GS tickets are only for the race weekend.
Old 31 Oct 2022, 09:47 (Ref:4132174)   #211
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
i have not done the "buses" since the eighies but if you are short of time threy can allow you to travel down late friday and watch the race, however you will have to sleep on the bus and once there if the weather is bad you are rather stuck. But the experience on my first ever trip to the race 37 years ago had the effect of getting me hooked. The buses usually run via the channel ports now rather than newhaven so you must take what ever you need with you. If you do not have grab=nd stand seats then suggest you either take chairs with you or buy them there and leave them if no room on the coach.
Old 31 Oct 2022, 10:31 (Ref:4132180)   #212
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Like you Simon, I've not 'coached it' for quite a while, 1998 was the last time (and a couple of times a few years before that. Our coach however was open to us at all times, as I recall. Something worth checking as you say if GS seats aren't an option.
Old 2 Nov 2022, 21:08 (Ref:4132485)   #213
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Just chiming in to echo what others have already said, getting to Le Mans and experiencing things as a traveler from the US (or any other flying in country) isn't nearly as difficult as you might think. Entirely possible to take public transportation from the airport directly to the circuit, could literally arrive with nothing but the clothes on your back as there's the Carrefour on the tram route. I could see how it might be less intimidating than something like Sebring or Petit in the sense that it's not as remote as those locations.
Old 8 Nov 2022, 10:33 (Ref:4132967)   #214
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well still not got the main event sorted yet but finally sorted the tickets/campimg etc for next years classic, so if anyone is going and staying in eppinettes/ or in ACO grandstand i will see you there.
Old 8 Nov 2022, 14:03 (Ref:4132989)   #215
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well still not got the main event sorted yet but finally sorted the tickets/campimg etc for next years classic, so if anyone is going and staying in eppinettes/ or in ACO grandstand i will see you there.
A grandstand? I never thought I'd ever hear you talk of sitting in a grandstand!
Old 8 Nov 2022, 14:33 (Ref:4132996)   #216
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well always get a seat for the classic, time was they were almost free, but now a little more, but as we are camping a good half hour from the action having a seat and access to the ACO for food. clean loos and drinks comes in handy. That is asumming the almost 50 year old stag actually gets to le mans in one piece. Plus experience in the past tells me it will rain and covered seating is better than standing in the rain
Old 8 Nov 2022, 21:51 (Ref:4133035)   #217
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Need some advice.... As a ACO member I recall I'm allowed two Epinettes tickets, for the first time in many years I need more than two. How do people get more than two.
So far I bought tickets for six GS and GE, two with discount, the rest full price. I do not want to buy tickets from agencies cause they want you to buy GE also.
Old 9 Nov 2022, 07:28 (Ref:4133058)   #218
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Should not be a problem, the two ticket limit is for discounted camping tickets, not sure that is happening anyway, and you can buy as many camping as you need, Eppinnettes should not sell out in the ACO members period at the end of November so should not be a problem
Old 9 Nov 2022, 21:54 (Ref:4133131)   #219
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
Need some advice.... As a ACO member I recall I'm allowed two Epinettes tickets, for the first time in many years I need more than two. How do people get more than two.
So far I bought tickets for six GS and GE, two with discount, the rest full price. I do not want to buy tickets from agencies cause they want you to buy GE also.
Yes, not more than 2 at the aco member price but more at the public price. To camp at the 24hrs motorbikes I could buy until 24 tickets. Don't know if it is the same for our event.
Old 10 Nov 2022, 09:13 (Ref:4133158)   #220
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
Yes, not more than 2 at the aco member price but more at the public price. To camp at the 24hrs motorbikes I could buy until 24 tickets. Don't know if it is the same for our event.
I think many, if not all, of the ticket dropdowns go to a max of 24, wonder why that is???

Anyway, I doubt there is anything to stop you making multiple purchases if there is space.
Old 13 Nov 2022, 22:59 (Ref:4133555)   #221
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks for the answers, those are comforting.
Old 14 Nov 2022, 20:47 (Ref:4133739)   #222
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You can buy camping tickets now, right?
Old 14 Nov 2022, 20:57 (Ref:4133740)   #223
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
You can buy camping tickets now, right?
Camping is available for members from nov 29th, no clue why they make it so difficult this year.
Old 15 Nov 2022, 08:35 (Ref:4133800)   #224
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
With only a fortnight to go, I would have hoped to find out by now what is going on with camping and parking....
Old 15 Nov 2022, 08:51 (Ref:4133803)   #225
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
With only a fortnight to go, I would have hoped to find out by now what is going on with camping and parking....
It's the ACO....

I would expect some info with less than a week to go tbh
Closed Thread